“Good Accommodation”

Ranked #8 of 63 Hotels in Pensacola
Winter Haven, Florida
“Good Accommodation”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 April 2014

My daughter and I stayed at the hotel on April 25th for one night. Ample parking. Very friendly receptionist. Great room and bathroom. Excellent shower in a separate cubicle. Breakfast was good. Good selection. Only sour note-when I checked out I found an additional charge for using my American Express card. Never disclosed at check in. Not cool.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Shane A, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Pensacola, responded to this review, 28 April 2014
Thank you so much for the review. I will definitely share it with our whole staff. We take an extra authorization of about 25% of your stay for any incidentals such as items from our Market or phone calls. We release this authorization when a guest departs. Sorry for any miscommunication. You should see only the actual charge on your credit card report. Thank you for choosing to stay with us. Hope to see you in the future.
Springhill Suites by Marriott, Pensacola FL

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Columbia, Sc
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 April 2014

I made a reservation using my card for my daughter and her friends at this hotel using the call center. I was told the reservation would be honored and charged to my card even though the card would not be present at the time of check-in. I wondered, but trusted the representative at the call center was correct. She wasn't, Neither were the other two employees of the hotel who told me the exact same information! My daughter and I were frustrated with the process until Shane Aldridge, the general manager, came to the rescue, apologized for the misunderstanding, corrected the situation and asked that he be contacted if there were any further problems. I have decided if management will take this type of interest in their guests, then this hotel is definitely worth the high rating from Trip Advisor! Thank you, Shane!!

Lee McD

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
Shane A, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Pensacola, responded to this review, 5 May 2014
Thank you so much for choosing to stay with us. It was definitley my pleasure offering any assistance that I could. If I can be of any further assistance please let me know. Thanks again.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 April 2014

Our expectations were exceeded at this hotel. We arrived expecting the standard, dependable quality of a Marriott property and left wishing we could carry this hotel with us. The decor is modern, relaxing and purposely placed to give you that beach escape with the luxuries of home. Our room was beautifully decorated and spacious, even a walk-in closet! It felt like a personal spa escape in our room. Our vacation took us into other areas of Florida where we paid more for hotels that never lived up to our experience we had here.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Shane A, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Pensacola, responded to this review, 25 April 2014
Thank you so much for your wonderful review. I will share your comments with our entire staff. It was definitely a pleasure for us to have you here. Thanks again for the review and thank you for choosing to stay with us.
Palm City, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 April 2014 via mobile

Stayed at this hotel for one night on business trip. Good service, room was clean and comfortable, and a decent breakfast in the morning. Only negative is distance from downtown (about a 20 minute cab ride). Otherwise, a completely positive experience.

Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Shane A, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Pensacola, responded to this review, 24 April 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to write us a review. I'm so glad that you enjoyed your stay. I will definitely share it with our entire staff. I'm sorry it took 20 minutes to get downtown. Normally using I-110 it normally takes around 10 to 15 minutes. We will speak with the local cab companies to make sure that they are not taking longer ways to the downtown area if this was the case. Thanks again for choosing to stay with us. I hope we will see you sooner than later.
Charlotte, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 April 2014

This hotel is beautiful and the staff is so helpful! They went out of their way to help me on more than one occasion. They were flexible with check in/check out which helped so much! When I arrived, I was distracted by the beautiful lobby...the colors, the layout...it was so nice! I was greeted almost immediately by a welcoming smile. Once I got to the room, I enjoyed looking around...the layout of the room and the calming colors of the decor were above anything I expected. A very modern and comfortable room for a very affordable price! Next time, I will choose a room on the top floor as I stayed on the first and woke up when the water above me was used...the noise in the wall was loud enough to wake me on more than one occasion. But, I think staying on the top floor will prevent that. Overall it is a great hotel and I look forward to returning!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank ncgadgetqueen
Thank you so much for staying with us. I'm glad you enjoyed your stay. It was definitely our pleasure to have you here with us at the Springhill Suites by Marriott in Pensacola FL. I apologize that you were disturbed by running water. I will have our maintenance engineer research this issue. Thanks again for taking the time to write us a review. Hope to see you soon if you come back through Pensacola.
Montgomery AL
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 April 2014 via mobile

We stayed here for 2 nights while in Pensacola. First, the breakfast buffet was fantastic. It would be 10.00 per person at a restaurant. The kids loved making their own waffles. They also had oatmeal with a variety of toppings, eggs, Canadian bacon, home style potatoes, juice,coffee,milk, muffins, bagels, etc. The room was very much like a spa. Spacious and clean with a very comfortable mattress. Even the pull out couch was not bad either. Staff very professional and courteous. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed April 2014
2 Thank Leesa95
Thank you so much for giving us a review. I'm so glad that you enjoyed breakfast. I will definitely share your comments with the entire staff. Thanks again and thanks for choosing to stay with us.

Gainesville, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 April 2014

The price is right! The hotel is very nice! Very clean. Well managed. Easy to get to. We were here for a series of Lacrosse games and couldn't be happier with our accommodations. It's actually a very pretty property and I was surprised at the amenities. A quadruple plus in my opinion! HIghly recommend this hotel!

Room Tip: We stayed in a King Suite, but saw the double rooms and they were nice, too!