“So easy. So comfortable.”
other travellers have booked this property
The Sand Dollar Cottage
Welcome to the Purple Parrot Resort in beautiful Perdido Key! Location, location, location!!!
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
The Sand Dollar Cottage
Welcome to the Purple Parrot Resort in beautiful Perdido Key!
Location, location, location!!!
Living Room
Front Porch
Watch the World Famous Blue Angels perform practice sessions right from the front porch!
Aerial View of Purple Parrot Resort
Street View of Purple Parrot Resort
Pool and Tiki Bar at Purple Parrot
Comfortable living room, beach themed decorations
Flat screen HD TV, Blue Ray Player, Netflix Account, Wireless Internet
Welcome to the Sand Dollar! Cozy Front Porch
Kitchen is fully stocked: Coffee Maker, Slushy Drink Maker, Blender, Waffle Iron, and much more!
Fully stocked kitchen - brand new dishes!
Tea For Two! Tea lovers will find a treat waiting for them!
Welcome Basket of Snacks & Treats Waiting Just For You!
Snacks await our guests as well as a bottle of champagne and chocolate covered strawberries!
Comfortable Queen Bed and Furnishings
A cozy place for reading a book from the cottage library!
All the comforts of home - plus more!
It's not the Hilton, but we still provide a comfy robe & something the Hilton doesn't - beach hats!
A washer and dryer are in the cottage along with laundry supplies
For those who enjoy reading, the cottage has a variety of books to enjoy!
Beach towels, chairs, float, noodles, buckets, cooler and more for you to enjoy at the beach & pool.
And more books!
Treasures from the beautiful waters of the Gulf of Mexico!
Yes, we do have RULES at the Sand Dollar Cottage!
Indoor Pool, Hot Tub, Sauna, Exercise Room
Exercise Room/Gym
Surf City is located poolside with delicious food and a fully stocked bar!
Tiki huts line the pool area and are perfect for enjoying your lunch, drinks and snacks!
The pool is beautiful and inviting!
Bring a book and catch a tan poolside!
The pool at Purple Parrot is the perfect place to relax!
Love this hot tub, located on an island in the middle of the Purple Parrot pool!
And the Gulf of Mexico is just a short walk or 2 minute drive from Purple Parrot Resort.
If a picture is worth a thousand words, these gorgeous beaches are worth a million words!
Two minutes from the cottage is Gulf Islands National Seashore, part of the National Park Service.
Paradise!
Stroll along the beach and find beautiful shells, sand dollars and other treasures!
Find your own sand dollars and other beautiful shells while walking along the sugar white sand!
The beautiful beaches of Perdido Key are waiting for you to enjoy!
Gorgeous beaches, beautiful sunrises and sunsets!
Come enjoy a little beach therapy!
Come discover the treasures waiting for you in Pensacola at Perdido Key and our beautiful beaches!
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Excellent - based on 21 reviews

Reviews from our community

Any
Chris K
“So easy. So comfortable.”
Reviewed 21 June 2014 for a stay in June 2014
person found this review helpful

My wife Lisa and I really enjoyed our cottage stay in Perdido Key, FL. It was so great to have a place to land after long beach days and a beach wedding in the mix. It felt like a homey apartment. Having a full kitchen, laundry, and really everything you need for the beach too. It was great. Not far from the beach at all. Good local eateries too, less than five minutes away. It was easy. Incredibly comfortable. And, we thought, priced very reasonably.

The Kindricks

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Gated community with pool access and all the amenities of an apartment.
Liked least: Not staying for more than four days.
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Your age range 25-34
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
10 Jul 2014
I am glad you enjoyed all the comforts of home at The Sand Dollar. I love to stay there, too and I have everything there that make it a "home-away-from-home." Glad you enjoyed your stay and please come back for a return visit! Jill
FL
Reviewed 9 May 2014 for a stay in May 2014

A romantic getaway Older travelers
Luxury-minded travelers
10 Jul 2014
Thank you for your kind words and especially for sharing how much you enjoyed your stay at my cottage. I'm glad you appreciated all the special touches I've included, which are all things that I want and need when I am on vacation at the beach! Please come back again soon and enjoy our beautiful beaches and staying at "The Sand Dollar."
Utah
Reviewed 1 April 2014 for a stay in March 2014
people found this review helpful

10 Jul 2014
Thank you for your comments and I am so glad that you spent your honeymoon at my cottage. When it is time to celebrate your anniversary, come back and celebrate at "The Sand Dollar!"
AL
Reviewed 15 September 2013 for a stay in August 2013

15 Sep 2013
So glad you enjoyed your overnight stay at my cottage and I do hope you will come back again. I'm also pleased you enjoyed all the special touches that await my guests - everything from goodies in the kitchen, a bottle of wine, starter toiletries, beach chairs, towels and toys and all the basic necessities such as laundry detergent, paper towels, dishwasher detergent, etc. My goal is to have everything you would want or need to enjoy a relaxing and enjoyable stay. I hope you'll plan another visit in the future. Thank you for sharing your positive experience and feedback.
New Orleans
Reviewed 8 September 2013 for a stay in September 2013

8 Sep 2013
I am so glad that you had a wonderful time and enjoyed everything! I absolutely love, love, love my little slice of paradise and also really enjoy staying there myself. I've worked hard to have everything available that I would need, want or enjoy using on a beach retreat. I just purchased beach chairs, an umbrella and a small ice chest to use for a day enjoying the beautiful beaches of the Gulf Coast. And I tried Fisherman's Corner, based on your suggestion - and you are right! Great food! Thank you for sharing your experience and again, I am pleased that you had a great time. That's my goal! Please do plan another visit to my cottage soon - I'll have everything ready for you!
TN
Reviewed 9 August 2013 for a stay in July 2013

9 Aug 2013
So glad that you enjoyed your visit to Perdido Key and your stay at "The Sand Dollar" cottage! It's nice to make great memories with family and I'm delighted that you were pleased with the special touches in the cottage. Nothing makes me happier than having guests who enjoy their stay and leave happy, already planning their next trip to our beautiful Gulf Coast beaches! Thank you for visiting our area and hope to have you as our guests again soon. The tea kettle will be waiting just for you! :) Jill
Florida
Reviewed 31 July 2013 for a stay in June 2013

A romantic getaway Luxury-minded travelers
31 Jul 2013
So glad you had a wonderful time!! The beach is calling you to come visit again soon and the Sand Dollar cottage will be waiting to welcome you back!
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing