“Excellent chill out !”
other travellers have booked this property
The Sand Dollar Cottage
Welcome to the Purple Parrot Resort in beautiful Perdido Key! Location, location, location!!!
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
The Sand Dollar Cottage
Welcome to the Purple Parrot Resort in beautiful Perdido Key!
Location, location, location!!!
Living Room
Front Porch
Watch the World Famous Blue Angels perform practice sessions right from the front porch!
Aerial View of Purple Parrot Resort
Street View of Purple Parrot Resort
Pool and Tiki Bar at Purple Parrot
Comfortable living room, beach themed decorations
Flat screen HD TV, Blue Ray Player, Netflix Account, Wireless Internet
Welcome to the Sand Dollar! Cozy Front Porch
Kitchen is fully stocked: Coffee Maker, Slushy Drink Maker, Blender, Waffle Iron, and much more!
Fully stocked kitchen - brand new dishes!
Tea For Two! Tea lovers will find a treat waiting for them!
Welcome Basket of Snacks & Treats Waiting Just For You!
Snacks await our guests as well as a bottle of champagne and chocolate covered strawberries!
Comfortable Queen Bed and Furnishings
A cozy place for reading a book from the cottage library!
All the comforts of home - plus more!
It's not the Hilton, but we still provide a comfy robe & something the Hilton doesn't - beach hats!
A washer and dryer are in the cottage along with laundry supplies
For those who enjoy reading, the cottage has a variety of books to enjoy!
Beach towels, chairs, float, noodles, buckets, cooler and more for you to enjoy at the beach & pool.
And more books!
Treasures from the beautiful waters of the Gulf of Mexico!
Yes, we do have RULES at the Sand Dollar Cottage!
Indoor Pool, Hot Tub, Sauna, Exercise Room
Exercise Room/Gym
Surf City is located poolside with delicious food and a fully stocked bar!
Tiki huts line the pool area and are perfect for enjoying your lunch, drinks and snacks!
The pool is beautiful and inviting!
Bring a book and catch a tan poolside!
The pool at Purple Parrot is the perfect place to relax!
Love this hot tub, located on an island in the middle of the Purple Parrot pool!
And the Gulf of Mexico is just a short walk or 2 minute drive from Purple Parrot Resort.
If a picture is worth a thousand words, these gorgeous beaches are worth a million words!
Two minutes from the cottage is Gulf Islands National Seashore, part of the National Park Service.
Paradise!
Stroll along the beach and find beautiful shells, sand dollars and other treasures!
Find your own sand dollars and other beautiful shells while walking along the sugar white sand!
The beautiful beaches of Perdido Key are waiting for you to enjoy!
Gorgeous beaches, beautiful sunrises and sunsets!
Come enjoy a little beach therapy!
Come discover the treasures waiting for you in Pensacola at Perdido Key and our beautiful beaches!
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

AllanGill
Liverpool, United Kingdom
“Excellent chill out !”
Reviewed 20 October 2014 for a stay in August 2014
people found this review helpful

Stayed here for 1 week as part of our 6 week honeymoon. Jill (the owner) met us on arrival and ensured the premises were correctly prepared for our visit. It is only a 1 bed condo which proved a minor problem as we had a lot of luggage. Overall the accomodation was excellent and the pool and bar area very good. I would suggest that you don't visit on Labour Day weekend (as we did) as it is VERY busy. Once Monday was out of the way we had the place to ourselves. Good Tikki bar with live music and a very good Sports bar within walking distance. Would definately visit again.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Nice pool area in which to relax
Liked least: Delay in receiving our security deposit
Recommended for:
Friends getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers Families with young children
Large groups People with pets
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
Sarasota
Reviewed 4 August 2014 for a stay in July 2014

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: It felt like home
JS0504
Ewa Beach, Hawaii
“Beautiful, cozy beach cottage...it was a home away from home!!!”
Reviewed 24 July 2014 for a stay in June 2014
person found this review helpful

Our stay at the beach cottage was wonderful! We stayed for 9 nights so it was important to us that we had a "home" and that is exactly what it was. This beach cottage was so beautifully decorated and had everything we needed and more! The furniture was SO comfortable, the kitchen had every dish/tool/utensil imaginable and Jill provided all sorts of extra amenities such as coffee and snacks, and even had beach towels and beach chairs available for us to use. You name it, she had it! Having the washer and dryer was fantastic since we stayed so long. She even had laundry detergent we could use! At night when we were ready to relax we could even watch our favorite Netflix programs. We couldn't have asked for a better place. And it was SO close to the beach park which had the whitest sand I have ever seen!!! Beautiful!! Thank you Jill for everything...we had a wonderful time!!

Overall condition of the property Bedding & mattresses
Kitchen & utensils Bathroom cleanliness
Other facilities & amenities Service
Liked best: The decor, comfort and all the amenities
Liked least: My only wish is that this cottage were on the beach or that there was a walking path in the back to the beach.
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
27 Jul 2014
I am so glad that you enjoyed your stay and everything that my cottage offers my guests. I love staying there, too, and have tried to include everything that I want, need and enjoy when visiting the beach. Thank you for taking care of everything just like it was your home. Please come back again soon!
Sylvia C
Malabar, Florida
“Very nice.”
Reviewed 19 July 2014 for a stay in July 2014

I stayed here instead of a hotel while I was in the area doing some work. This was a MAJOR improvement over hotels. The cottage is clean and everything you need is there. It's nice to be away from the normal beach crowd and have a place for your family to hang out while you work. The owner is very friendly and informative. 5 stars from me! Thank you!

Grahammc2...
Atlanta, Georgia
“Great place to relax”
Reviewed 11 July 2014 for a stay in July 2014

Jill made the experience really nice. The condo is set up great, everything was maintained well, very quiet place to stay. I liked how the kitchen was stocked with dishes, cooking items. It allowed me to make cookies, no problem. The pools, hot tubs, and club house were so nice. We enjoyed watch two soccer matches while at the pool bar. I want to go back again, and I would recommend it to anyone. We went to the ocean twice, and Jill provided us with floaters, so the ocean was fun and relaxing. She even provide a pass for the national park. Great place to stay.

Travelling group: Friends
Your age range 50-64
23 Jul 2014
So glad you had a nice time and I invite you to come again! I'll look toward to enjoying some of the cookies you will bake! :)
aake2010
“Great stay”
Reviewed 27 June 2014 for a stay in June 2014

We visited for our honeymoon the cottage was perfect for us and Jill made us feel right at home very cozy comfortable and super clean place to stay. Many different places to shop and eat plus the beaches are beautiful. We hope to be able to come back soon and if we do we would definitely book our stay at this cottage. Thanks again Jill you were the best we appreciate everything and loved your cottage!!:)

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
10 Jul 2014
I am so glad that you had a wonderful time and made great memories! I love to have honeymoon couples stay in my cottage and put out my "And They Lived Happily Ever After" sign... Please do come back and celebrate your anniversary! Jill
Louisville, Kentucky
Reviewed 21 June 2014 for a stay in June 2014

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: I liked everything about it!
Liked least: Having to Leave!
Your age range 35-49
Recommended for:
Friends getaway
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
10 Jul 2014
Thank you so much! Your review made me really smile because I have worked hard to think of everything to make my guests feel at home and comfortable. I love my cottage, the Purple Parrot Resort and especially the absolutely gorgeous beaches of Perdido Key. I hope that you'll consider a return visit one day - I would love to have you as my guests again!
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing