Hampton Inn & Suites Pensacola I-10 North at University Town Plaza
Ranked #5 of 65 Hotels in Pensacola
Reviewed 26 January 2012

I love staying with Hampton, their beds are the best. This one was pretty noisy, could hear just about everything going on in the hallway. Overall really clean and in a good location.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family

Reviewed 6 January 2012

We stopped in Pensacola on our way to Orlando - the hotel was fine for the purpose - an overnight stay. Nothing much to write about, the breakfast was fine.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 August 2011

A fine hotel, clean, comfortable, good front desk. There was drywall work by our room, got woke up at 8:30 in morning. Not good, but not Hampton's fault. So when we brought this up they immediatly refunded our entire stay. That is service you can't find anywhere but Hampton. I'll be back Thank you

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 July 2011

This hotel is in the strangest area! It says "University Mall" which implies it is an area with a shopping mall, as well a college area. It is neither!!
I will tell you about our experience and let people judge for themselves, since I know what is a big deal to some, is not to others.
We (my husband, teenage son and myself) needed to be in Pensacola for 4 nights (would have stayed 5 if it was nice enough) to attend an event my son was participating in, so we weren't looking for a "beach vacation" even though they were very close by. I had specifically booked a suite with a King and a Queen since my husband and I are both tall and my son is already 6'4". I booked directly through Hilton Honors, am only pointing that out because sometimes hotel management likes to say they aren't as responsible when people book "through discount 3rd party sites". They made no mention of this being a problem of any sort. We arrived at 2:30 after a long 7 hr drive, hoping to check in, even knowing ck in is at 3. The front desk people were VERY rude and just said -- sorry, ck in is at 3. Ok -- we're easy going, we went to get my son something to eat and then ran in the Walmart to pick up a few things for the week -- we got back at 3:40 -- not only did she rudely say it wasn't ready -- she offered not apology, nothing! It was a VERY hot day and at this point after driving we were exhausted. I don't get upset about much, but manners and customer service are VITAL to me! We sat in the lobby and she never offered us a bottle of water, an apology for our wait.... nothing! At 4:05, she glances up and says "it's ready".....we didn't get an "enjoy your stay", thanks for waiting patiently -- nothing! We would be out of business if we ever treated customers that way!!! So..... we get off the elevator and we notice there is wallpaper hanging off of the walls, the carpet strip is rolled off.....clearly, something is going on, but we don't know what? We get to our room and discover it's not what we reserved, but a King bed with a double pull out couch. Well, let me tell you, put a large teenage athlete on one of those things and you have misery!! I call downstairs and she rudely states, "that's ALL we have". Again, no, apology for not giving us what we asked for! If we hadn't been up since 4:am and driven in the car, waited for room, we would have gone somewhere else!!!!
So.... back to this "mall" -- there is NO mall...... there are 3 stores and the rest has been torn down to the ground!! A VERY old Sears, JC Penney and a Belk.... they are all seperated by debri and garbage -- it looks like a bomb went off. I asked someone "did you have a storm or tornado here too?" They said -- no, they just tore it down because another mall was built not far away and business went down. Okkaayy?? So.... there is no "University area" or mall or anything! It is a very rundown area. There was noise ALL night every night -- there was a military family in the room next to us and she said her children were awakened also -- there were actually people drag-racing in the empty, deserted "mall" parking lot and roaring their engines until 4 am!! The morning we checked out a business group had just checked in and at breakfast they said they were planning on calling the police if it continued tonight!!
The breakfast every day was ok, pretty typical but nothing special. The hotel itself is relatively clean, but they did have a Flooding issue on the 3 rd floor which caused all of the rooms being ruined. Would have been nice if I had been told that they didn't have any of what I booked and hadn't for months! Makes me pretty mad to pay extra for something I don't get, then be stuck in discomfort!
The housekeeping staff was very friendly but the front desk people, seriously, were the most rude I have ever had contact with!!! And I don't complain about stuff like that, in general, but this was unbelievable!
The ONLY bright spot was that we found a wonderful little Italian restaurant a few miles away. The owners greeted us at the door, were originally from Sicily -- the food was simple but DELICIOUS!! We also ate down at the beach at Peg Leg Pete's -- good seafood, decent prices, and good wine.
But I would NEVER stay there again!!!

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank ASRmomx3
Reviewed 13 July 2011

Nice hotel; clean property and clean rooms; pool a bit small for size of hotel. Very friendly staff; always pleasant and ready to help. Breakfast could use a little more variety especially the hot food. Overall, extremely pleased.

Room Tip: Rooms on third floor quiet.
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 June 2011

Stayed here as a quick stopover on the way to Florida. Biggest reason was because we needed one room that would accomodate three adults and two kids.
The room was plenty large, comfortable and clean. Nothing fancy, mind you, but nice enough.
The breakfast was the usual Continental +, which means it included rolls, breads, bagels and a waffle iron as well as fresh fruit, yogurt, juices and coffee.
A good place to stop if enroute through the Pensacola area and would probably be a nice place to stay if you were spending a few days as well...

Room Tip: The WiFi seemed to work best closest to the lobby.
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 June 2011

This was my second stay in this hotel. The first time we needed a place to stay during my daughter's college Open House. This time I stayed here alone while she attended orientation.

Rooms are clean, quiet, and comfortable. I felt very safe while staying here. Breakfast is well stocked and adequate. The quality of the hot food is fair. However, there is also a selection of breads, danish, cereals, yogurt, and fresh fruit. There are several restaurants close by, and many others if you are willing to drive just a few miles away.
Staff is friendly and helpful.

My family and I will probably be staying here often during my daughter's next four years at college!

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family