OVERVIEW: Found this to be a convenient and friendly location. Not particularly close to the tourist or beach areas, but I was just passing through so this was fine.
LOCATION: Off of the 10 freeway and behind a mall, this is a really low-key area. If you're looking to be close to the historic areas or the beach, this is not the right place for you. If that's not your aim, this is a safe and sensible location.
HOTEL: Newer property in a cluster of similar hotel chains. Standard Hampton Inn look-feel with the usual breakfast area, pool and fitness room. The service I received was excellent from beginning to end. They mainly get business-week traffic, so my Friday stay was very quiet and uncrowded.
ROOM: Standard Hampton Inn room (#325) with everything you need. I liked the bottle of water and granola bar that were left for me as a complimentary welcome. Very clean, well-maintained with a large bathroom. TV had more channels than I normally see, which was nice. Free internet worked great.
RECOMMENDATIONS: If you're coming to Pensacola for a holiday or time at the beach, this is not for you. If you're passing through or on a business trip, you'll love this place - it's got what you need and the service was great.
TIPS: This historic downtown has some nice dinner options. One recommendable comfort-food/southern-food place was the *very* casual Marina Oyster Barn - great service and good food, mostly locals and fresh everything.
BOOKING: $108 through Hampton Inn website.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our Hampton Inn & Suites Pensacola-University Mall hotel boasts an ideal location in the charming coastal village and thriving resort of Pensacola, Florida. Minutes from our hotel in Pensacola, Florida, you can explore Gulf Islands National Seashore, Pensacola Beach, and over fifty miles of pristine white shores. Enjoy a warm welcome and friendly service at our hotel in Pensacola, Florida and start your day right with Hampton's free hot breakfast and famous waffles. Catch up with work in our free business center or host a meeting or gathering for up to 30 people in our meeting space. Work out in our fitness center, enjoy a refreshing swim in our outdoor pool or visit the beautiful sandy shores of Pensacola Beach. Retire to a comfy guest room featuring an HDTV and free high-speed wireless internet access and get some rest on a clean and fresh Hampton bed®. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hilton Hotels Direct, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, getaroom.com, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Hampton Inn & Suites Pensacola I-10 North at University Town Plaza reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hampton Inn & Suites Pensacola-University Mall Hotel Pensacola
- Hampton Inn And Suites Pensacola-University Mall
- Hampton Inn Pensacola
- Hampton Inn Hotel Pensacola
- Pensacola Hampton Inn
- Hampton Inn & Suites Pensacola I-10 North At University Town Plaza Florida