“Good, solid hotel choice, not near tourist areas.”

Hampton Inn & Suites Pensacola I-10 North at University Town Plaza
Ranked #6 of 65 Hotels in Pensacola
Reviewed 19 April 2009

OVERVIEW: Found this to be a convenient and friendly location. Not particularly close to the tourist or beach areas, but I was just passing through so this was fine.

LOCATION: Off of the 10 freeway and behind a mall, this is a really low-key area. If you're looking to be close to the historic areas or the beach, this is not the right place for you. If that's not your aim, this is a safe and sensible location.

HOTEL: Newer property in a cluster of similar hotel chains. Standard Hampton Inn look-feel with the usual breakfast area, pool and fitness room. The service I received was excellent from beginning to end. They mainly get business-week traffic, so my Friday stay was very quiet and uncrowded.

ROOM: Standard Hampton Inn room (#325) with everything you need. I liked the bottle of water and granola bar that were left for me as a complimentary welcome. Very clean, well-maintained with a large bathroom. TV had more channels than I normally see, which was nice. Free internet worked great.

RECOMMENDATIONS: If you're coming to Pensacola for a holiday or time at the beach, this is not for you. If you're passing through or on a business trip, you'll love this place - it's got what you need and the service was great.

TIPS: This historic downtown has some nice dinner options. One recommendable comfort-food/southern-food place was the *very* casual Marina Oyster Barn - great service and good food, mostly locals and fresh everything.

BOOKING: $108 through Hampton Inn website.

• Stayed: October 2008, travelled solo

Reviewed 3 April 2009

When you stay at the Hampton you seem to get a good mattress, clean room, good decor and predictable service...not bad things at all in a hotel experience.
The cleanliness could not be faulted. And the decor had enough of a designer touch throughout the hotel to give a good impression of comfort and luxury. My room lacked a fridge or microwave and they were missed. The mattress good, better than most but not quite as good as the Courtyard foam mattress.
A comparison between this and the Courtyard nearby is inevitable as I stayed in this room right after a night at the Courtyard. I was staying in town for at least two nights and took the opportunity to try both as the price was similar. I would leave the decision to personal brand preference or price. Be prepared to factor in 7.95 plus tax and tip with the Courtyard to have (an albeit better) breakfast. And remember the possible lack of fridge/microwave in the room at the Hampton.
But for a quiet, comfortable room with complementary breakfast until 10:00 am, the Hampton Inn fills the need nicely.

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 January 2009

Originally we had booked this hotel for 3 nights but checked out after 2. We travelled around Florida for 24 days and without hesitation I have to say this hotel has the worst reception staff I have ever dealt with.

We encountered a problem in the gym where children were allowed to wander in freely even though it clearly stated that children must be 18 years. When I went to reception I was asked by the extremly unpleasant receptionist did I want her to do something about it. She approached the gym area and apologised to the children that they would have to leave. No apology was given to either myself or my husband. Her manner was so indifferent. We reported the matter and contacted a manager at the hotel, when we went to check out another receptionist refered us to the manager by our room number.

Nice hotel.....................change your reception staff

• Stayed: December 2008, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 July 2008

Stayed here for a week while doing business at the Naval Base Pharmacy. Was very pleased with everything. Large rooms, very comfortable bed, large bathroom and kitchen area. Good TV with cable and a nice desk to work at. Nice hot breakfast. Everything clean and new looking. Good hot coffee. Price was a little high because of the season but it was well worth it.

• Stayed: July 2008, travelled on business
Reviewed 7 January 2008

Great location for travelers making an overnight stop – plenty of restaurants and shops near by. Staff was very helpful and the room was quiet and clean. Great continental breakfast.

• Stayed: December 2007, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 December 2007

We recently stayed at this Hampton and had a really good experience. I am always nervous about booking a hotel without seeing it first hand. We have two children and I want it to be safe and clean. Tripadvisor was extremely helpful. Although it is hard to go wrong with a Hamton, you still have to be careful and make sure you ask questions. The beds were very comfortable. Our room was very clean and the quiet. I also like the breakfast in the morning. Last, we noticed that they also offer to go breakfast, served in a brown bag. We thought that was nice too. I will stay at Hampton again.

• Stayed: November 2007, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 June 2007

We recently had a great stay at the Pensacola Hampton Inn. The Hampton beds were great and so was everything else. One employee was especially helpful ... Suzanna ... she went way above and beyond the call of duty and we greatly appreciated it. We would DEFINITELY stay there again.

Stayed: May 2007