“Dallas to Miami” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #23 of 63 Hotels in Pensacola
Davie
“Dallas to Miami”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 April 2013

We stayed here as part of our two day road trip. Perfect spot to to stop as a halfway point. Girl at the Desk was very friendly. Our reservations were as expected. Fresh cookies upon arrival. The room was clean and the beds were very comfortable with the upgraded linens. The bill was slipped undr the door and the price was as expected.

WARNING: We usually like to eat a nice meal at the end of a driving day. We ate at the "Family Diner" next to the Hotel. I like to support family owned businesses. Nice staff but we should have gone elsewhere. This is a converted Silver Diner but not the same quality. It was a little dirty and way too greasy. The food sat in my stomach like a lead weight all night. We should have gone to Rubey Tuesdays next door.

Room Tip: room 303 was fine.
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank miguel a a
pnsfl, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Pensacola W I-10, responded to this review, 27 April 2013
We are honored that you chose to stay with us on your road trip and had a nice stay. Everyone appreciates your kind words and take great pride to making our guests welcome and happy. I must admit, I enjoy those cookies as well!

We look forward to seeing you on your next roadtrip!

Maureen Monkell
Front Office manager
Holiday Inn Express Pensacola, FL

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Valdosta, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 April 2013

We were on our way to New Orleans and stopped here overnight. It is very convenient, being just off I-10. The staff are warm and friendly, and we were very pleased by the service and hospitality. The only slightly disconcerting ting was a small amount of water damage in our room, but we would definitely overlook that and stay here again.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
4 Thank MOTHEROFTRAVLERSON
pnsfl, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Pensacola W I-10, responded to this review, 7 April 2013
We are so glad you chose to stay with during your travels. Indeed, our location makes stopping for the night easy and convenient. Your kind words about our warm and friendly staff do not go unnoticed. We take great pride in our customer service. With regards to the water damage, we are aware of it and are working very hard to make those repairs.

We very much look forward to seeing you again during your travels!
Yeovil
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 March 2013

We were on a road trip from Orlando to Houston and back and stayed in this hotel there and back, its located just off I-10 with a good variety of restaurants around it. The hotel is clean and well kept with friendly staff who made us feel very welcome, we were allocated a large room which as with the rest of the hotel was clean and tidy. My only complaint would be that on the way back we stayed in room 223 which had a chair with a broken arm at the desk.
Would certainly stay here again if passing this way in the future.
The breakfast was the usual HIE offering but was well stocked and serviced by the staff member something that sadly does not occur in all HIE hotels.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Robert T
pnsfl, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Pensacola W I-10, responded to this review, 27 March 2013
It's always great seeing guests while on roadtrips. Your choice with staying here in both directions speaks volumes and we're so glad to hear that you will stay with us again in the future. We were made aware of the broken chair, I believe you mentioned it during check out, and it has since been repaired. Thanks again so much and we look forward to seeing you on your next roadtrip!
Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 March 2013

Had a good two-night stay at this HIE. Very convenient to I-10, very friendly and helpful staff. Rooms were spacious enough (we rented a King Suite) and the bathroom was clean and relatively modern.

The only real complaint I have is the bed. The linens and pillows were great - it's nice having soft and firm pillows to choose from - but the mattress was very firm/hard. My wife, young daughter, and I found it uncomfortable, and led to less than stellar sleep.

Would definitely stay at this location again... after testing the mattress. :)

• Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank ryannosaurus_rexx
Thanks for your kind words. We are very grateful for your choice in staying with us while in Pensacola. We're glad that your overall experience with us was a nice one. With your input provided about our mattresses we are going to take a close look at them and make the appropriate changes. Your feedback is very valuable to us! Thanks you again!
North Little Rock, Arkansas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 March 2013

We checked in on a Friday night without a reservation. The young lady at the front desk was extremely nice. I ask if there was a rewards night room available and she told me she had just had another lady check with priority club and this lady was told they didn't.
We went ahead and reserve a room, but seeing that I had asked for a rewards night, the young lady, I believe her name was Katelyn, upgraded us to a suite.
Later after getting into the room I used my App on my phone to find out if indeed they had a rewards night; they did. I went back to front desk and asked the young lady about it, she not only changed our stay to a rewards night but left us in the upgrade.
I asked if she was going to get into any trouble with her manager and she said " Any trouble I get for doing this is just going to happen, but as long as you folks are happy, I don't mind" . What a wonderful and caring thing for someone to say! This is what customer service used to be. Not because we were upgraded, but she was willing to take the "heat" to make us comfortable.
This young lady should teach some of the rest of the staff what customer care is all about. We will stay at this hotel anytime we are in the area, which is a lot, and highly recommend it to our friends and family!
Great customer care, great hotel! Thank You Katelyn!

Room Tip: ANy room in this hotel is excellent, choose with confidence what you need and enjoy!
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank JackSchmidt
pnsfl, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Pensacola W I-10, responded to this review, 2 April 2013
Thank you so much for your review. We take great pride in our staff providing great customer service. It truly is our pleasure. And by you taking the time to let us know keeps us motivated to provide excellent customer service. Thanks again so much and we look forward to seeing you in the future.
Palm Beach Gardens
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 March 2013

Hotel is convienent to I-10. Breakfast is typical HIE fare. Staff were extremely helpful and friendly. Rooms were clean, quiet and spacious. I especially like the selection of pillows since prefer a soft pillow.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank artlovinchik
pnsfl, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Pensacola W I-10, responded to this review, 24 March 2013
Thanks you so much for taking the time and writing a review for our location. We are very pleased that your stay with us was enjoyable. We take great pride in our staff providing the best hospitality around from our front desk and housekeeping. Having a choice of pillows really does make a difference! Thanks again.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 March 2013 via mobile

We arrived and instantly could tell it was a very clean place. We went to our room to find a very clean and very nice hotel room. They have soft pillows and firm pillows to choose from. The hotels breakfast is amazing. They have bacon, sausage, eggs and pancakes. Along with things like muffins, fruit, cinnamon rolls, etc. we were visiting our family and they let my cousins come and swim with us one night. It has free wifi and is great overall. Will definitely stay next time in Pensacola.

Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank milez97
pnsfl, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Pensacola W I-10, responded to this review, 21 March 2013
Our goal is to welcome our guests with a great first impression and continue to "wow" them during their stay. We are so very pleased that your stay visiting family was a great time. Thank you so much for sharing your kind words on TripAdvisor. We truly appreciate you spreading the good word. Thanks you for choosing Holiday Inn Express Pensacola and we look forward to seeing you the next time you are in Pensacola.