“Pleasantly Pleased”

Ranked #20 of 65 Hotels in Pensacola
Fredericksburg, Virginia
“Pleasantly Pleased”
Reviewed 24 August 2014

The service was exceptional, the care to details was evident, the staff were always nice and welcoming, the breakfasts were quite delicious. We were pleasantly pleased with the attention served to our room, our meal and ourselves!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
pnsfl, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Pensacola W I-10, responded to this review, 25 August 2014
It was our pleasure having you and your family stay with us. We know there are many lodging options available. We are truly thankful. Our team strives to not only meet but exceed expectations and are happy we did that for you. We look forward to seeing you in the future should your tavels bring you to Pensacola.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Pensacola, Florida
Reviewed 23 August 2014

A/C not cooling good and furniture not in good shape & electrical plugs will not hold to charge computer or phone. One of the beds appears that the springs are weak. No maintenance person on duty. The desk person tried to fix problems. She tried her best

• Stayed August 2014, travelled solo
pnsfl, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Pensacola W I-10, responded to this review, 29 August 2014
We appreciate you taking the time writing your review. Our maintenance staff has been notified of the issues you had during your stay. Our team reads all of our reviews and in turn works to fix any problems that have occurred. We sincerely hope that should your travels bring you to Pensacola you will stay with us again.
Reviewed 18 July 2014 via mobile

We walked into room and smell was awful. Went to front desk and all rooms were full so had to stay in moldy room with my asthmatic 7 year old. Talked to manager in morning and they dropped room price by some. Will not be going back to this hotel. Breakfast was only bright spot. The attendant was friendly and put out a nice spread with lots of choices. Management handled situation but still a very uncomfortable night.

• Stayed July 2014
pnsfl, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Pensacola W I-10, responded to this review, 21 July 2014
Please accept our apologies for stay. We strive to ensure all of our guests have a restful and relaxing stay. Regretfully this wasn't your experience. Our staff routinely checks for mold/odors and take the extra steps needed to get rid of them. Unfortunately this was not the case during your stay. We appreciate your time in writing the review so we make sure this is taken care of for future guests.
Boerne, Texas
Reviewed 8 July 2014 via mobile

We left Disney world around 2:00pm and drove till about 9pm. We had decided our stopping point would be Pensacola. However we did not know where we could stay... We spotted a Cracker Barrel restaurant and the Holiday inn express was just across the parking lot. Perfect!! It was right off of the highway so that was a plus. Good sized room. Clean bathroom. Cool A/C. Hot shower. Nice place for our family to rest up for a long day of traveling ahead.
The one thing we did notice... After the comfy "heavenly" beds at Disney the beds here were definitely a little on the hard/cheap side. Other than that this was a nice hotel to stop at.

• Stayed July 2014
1 Thank Keithyncourt
pnsfl, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Pensacola W I-10, responded to this review, 14 July 2014
With our location right off the interstate, we do see many families stop and stay with us on their way to and from Disney. It was a pleasure having you stay with us. Should your future travels bring you through Pensacola we would love to see you again.1
Covington, Louisiana
Reviewed 3 July 2014

Well where should I begin! It all started at check-in. We knew we were arriving about an hour and a half before check-in. We figured we'd go ahead and see if our room was ready. It wasn't but the front desk clerk said it wouldn't be much longer and told us that she would call us once our room is ready. Perfect! That would give us some time to grab some lunch and stop by the grocery to buy some things that we needed. The call never came. We waited and waited and waited. The front desk clerk acknowledged both of us when we returned to the lobby. The cold food items we bought at the store were starting to melt and spoil. We waited so long that I am now sitting in the lobby with my groceries on the floor around me dozing off on the couch. It's now after the 3:00 check-in time and we still don't have a room. We're watching all the other people get checked-in, but not us. We finally get checked-in and make it up to our room. Usually when you walk into a hotel room, you get hit with a chill because the A/C unit has been set to keep the room cool for the guests. Not our room. Our room was muggy and stuffy and hot. The A/C must have been turned on minutes before we walked into our room. But that's the least of my concerns at the moment; I have cold food that's on the verge of going bad that I need to get in a refrigerator. Well apparently the refrigerator in the room had just been turned on too. It was not cold and there was water condensation in the inside. Now I'm filling up containers of ice to put in the fridge to try and save my food. Ridiculous. Now all we want to do is shower and relax. The tub has green cleaning spray dripping down the sides that it made the bottom of the tub so unbelievably slippery. My boyfriend slipped and fell (thank goodness he wasn't hurt) and I had to take my shower with one hand holding onto the handicap grab bar. After the second day we were able to wash out the tub enough to where it wasn't so slippery. Next, there was no mattress cover on the bed. I woke up the first night with aches and pains. Just awful and nowhere near a restful night. When I went to request one (even though it should have been there in the first place) I was told that they might not have one to put on the bed but she would go ahead and ask housekeeping anyway. You better ask housekeeping!!
The next problem was with housekeeping. I have never had such a problem with returning to a clean room after spending the day out. The first time we come back after being gone for over 5 hours and the room hasn't been touched. After leaving the beach, I want to be able to come back to a clean room with restocked towels to take a shower. Obviously that wasn't happening. We used the pool instead hoping by the time we made it back up to the room it would be clean so we could take a real shower. The next morning, we could barely finish our breakfast before housekeeping is knocking on the door. But that's ok!! We hustle to get out the room so that we can return to a clean room unlike the day before. Well that didn't happen. After rushing out the room in the morning in hopes of it getting clean, we still return to a room that hasn't been touched yet. Round two of using the pool as a makeshift bath. This is really getting old now.
Finally, we're at the front desk checking out. Apparently there was a balanced still owed that wasn't covered in our initial payment when we booked. That's understandable and we were ready to pay the remainder when we checked out. What isn't understandable is that the credit card we put for the room had already been charged twice with two separate dollar amounts that added up to the remaining balance. Why weren't we allowed to authorize those transactions before you automatically charged them? What if we wanted to use another form of payment? But we weren't given that option.
We were thoroughly dissatisfied with our stay. The staff was not pleasant to be around and we do not want to hear staff bickering about coworkers at the front desk. The only employee that we encountered that was nice and pleasant and always was working and hustling was Wayne. When we went down to breakfast he would welcome us with a smile and offer his help if we needed it and would acknowledge us whenever we would encounter him.
What makes everything more frustrating is that the hotel wasn't that occupied so there is no excuse. I haven't had an experience with Holiday Inn Express that has been this bad but it has definitely turned me away from booking with them again.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Karly S
pnsfl, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Pensacola W I-10, responded to this review, 6 July 2014
It is with deep regret that your stay with us was not a relaxing and enjoyable experience. We strive to ensure all of our guests feel welcome and comfortable and in your case that did not happen. Your review provides us with valuable input to make the necessary corrections so none of this occurs in the future. Maintenance has been notified along with housekeeping with regards to proper temperature of the a/c units and refrigerators. In addition we apologize for your room not being serviced during your stay and being subjected to staff bickering. Both are unnecessary and the involved parties have been notified. We thank you for your time and hope that if your travels bring you to the Pensacola area you will give us a second chance.
Little Rock, Arkansas
Reviewed 30 June 2014

Close to interstate. A little dated. Needs an upgrade. Great place to stop and spend the night traveling to from Orlando. No hot tub but a nice indoor pool for kids. Not too deep. Has free breakfast. Not worth 25000 priority club points. Worth 15000 max

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We read each and every review learning both what we do well and what we needs work. We know there are many options for lodging and truly appreciate your stay with us.
Shreveport, Louisiana
Reviewed 6 June 2014 via mobile

My stay here was very nice. The staff provided good customer service. Each staff member I encountered had a smile. The room was nice and clean. There are several restaurants within walking distance of the hotel. The free hot breakfast was also wonderful. I definitely will stay here again in the future.

Stayed June 2014
pnsfl, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Pensacola W I-10, responded to this review, 12 June 2014
Wow! We are so pleased that you found your stay "awesome". Great customer service and a great property are essential in providing a warm environment for all of our guests. Your kind words keep us motivated and energized. We look forward to seeing you in the future should your travels bring you to Pensacola.