“Very close to I-10 and many other things”

Best Western Plus Blue Angel Inn
Ranked #4 of 65 Hotels in Pensacola
GreenLeadersBronze level
Atlanta, Georgia
“Very close to I-10 and many other things”
Reviewed 18 July 2012

This was a great location for travelers that may have an event outside of Pensacola such as Milton, Fl or other surrounding locations. We arrived late but Ms. Stephanie was very willing to help us with a location we could still enjoy ourselves at such a late time and pass many food locations that are open 24hrs. This location also has very nice and spacious rooms and not far from the beach at all for those who want to go but does not want beach hotel prices. Overall, I will stay here again. Very clean and away from noise.

Room Tip: If you are a AAA member, check your website first before calling to book.
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with friends
blueangelinn, Front Desk Representative at Best Western Plus Blue Angel Inn, responded to this review, 21 September 2012
Thank you for your comments. We are glad you stayed with us and hope to see you again. We pride ourselves in having a great hotel for our guest.
Patty

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
West Chester, Ohio
Reviewed 14 July 2012

We stayed here for 2 weeks in April 2012, while working on the local power plant, and let me say it was an excellent place. Rooms were nice and clean and quiet, had a great breakfast area, and nice pool also. Downside is the immediate area is a little rough, but your within 20 mins of Pensacola Beach. We will be returning here again before the end of the year, to do more work at the same plant, so we expect to stay here again also.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank twistedgn
blueangelinn, General Manager at Best Western Plus Blue Angel Inn, responded to this review, 8 August 2012
Thank you so much for taking the time to submit your review regarding your recent stay at the Best Western Plus/Blue Angel Inn. We take great pride in providing a superior guest experience for our hotel guests. Next time you are in Pensacola, we hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel again.
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed 9 July 2012

Stayed July 5th-8th.

In the past I’ve spent anywhere from $800-$1000 on a 3 night stay in hotels right on the beach, but I’m currently in grad school so I had far less to spend on vacation this year. I read reviews for every hotel in the area because I was concerned that hotels in my budget would not be very nice or clean. This hotel had good reviews and I’m happy that I ended up staying here. I saved a lot of money and had a great stay. :)

Calling to make a reservation was easy, and since I got the 21 day advance purchase I was able to keep the entire cost for the hotel under $300, including taxes. Checking in was quick and easy. The room was larger than I thought it would be, and it was very clean – possibly cleaner than the more expensive hotels I’ve stayed in. This isn’t a luxury hotel and there wasn’t anything special about it, but the cleanliness sets it apart. It seems to be very well maintained.

Something else I liked about this hotel was how quiet it was. Some of the other hotels I’ve stayed in had very thin walls and I could hear the people in the room next to mine. In this hotel, I could sometimes hear people in the hallway, but other than that it was quiet and peaceful. The bed was very comfortable and I liked the 5 small pillows. (Other people have complained about them, but I now prefer them to 2 large pillows). The bathroom and shower were immaculate and I like the “shelving” in the shower – it was nice having plenty of space to put shampoo and other soap. The mini fridge and microwave were useful for keeping and reheating leftovers.

I did not use any of the facilities (pool, etc) or get the free breakfast. The internet could be improved – when it worked it was fine, but there were a few times when my friend and I could not get a signal at all. My friend called the front desk and they reset the router, and then we were able to get a signal. The front desk was quick to answer the phone when we called and they also allowed us to extend our check out time by 1 hour.

The hotel is about 20-25 minutes away from the beaches, but it’s a pretty easy drive and the hotel is located right off one of the interstates. There is a Publix and a decent Italian restaurant (Petrellas) right up the road.

Bottom line – the hotel was very clean, well maintained, and comfortable. If I return to the Pensacola area and am not able to stay right on the beach, this will be the first hotel I consider. It’s great value without sacrificing quality.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Rheanna S
Rochester, Minnesota
Reviewed 9 July 2012

Sorry, I tend to review with a eye on value and for $100+ a night I think I paid too much even with a AAA discount... Rooms were quiet, beds comfortable. The TV was locked down so that we couldn't use the alternate LCD HDMI inputs to watch a DVD using our laptop :(, The fridge and microwave were handy since we stayed 5 nights. Breakfast was the highlight since the staff kept everything looking and tasting perfect everyday. Sadly tho, breakfast area seating was tighter than the parking lot which was also tight and hard to navigate. The left-turn off the hotel road onto main road was a bit of a challenge so I'll have to ding location.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank Jeb6kids
Smyrna, Tennessee
Reviewed 8 July 2012 via mobile

Nice clean quiet room. The room was clean as could be. Very quiet and large room. We enjoyed our stay. We went to pensacola beach and perdido key beach.Both equal distance taking about 20 to 25 minutes.

• Stayed July 2012
Land O Lakes, Florida
Reviewed 6 July 2012

My family of 4 stayed here July 3-5, 2012 because of the great reviews here in TripAdvisor. This was a family vacation where the location is great for the National Aviation Museum. We were initially given a room in the first floor for a king size bed and a sofa bed which should be perfect for 2 adults and 2 kids (4 and 12). It turned out that the sofa bed was very small (smaller than a twin) and a little dirty that my 12 year old son refused to sleep there. The bathroom also smelled like someone just smoked there. This is a non-smoking room. Although it was not the staffs fault, the smell was not properly removed afterwards. After requesting a new room for 2 queens instead it was much better. The rooms were somewhat clean except for the carpet. My sons feet got dirty quick after walking around it. This was after he took a shower too. Carpet needs some shampooing bad! The staff were nice specially the one taking care of the breakfast - about the only thing that saved the review from getting 2 stars. Breakfast was well stocked even when it's almost closing time. She deserves the 5 star!

Room Tip: Dont' choose first floor rooms specially adjoining rooms because it just gets too noisy with the...
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
4 Thank kamoteq1
Litchfield Park, Arizona
Reviewed 21 June 2012

We stayed at the Best Western June 5-10,2012. This hotel has nice polite courteous staff, clean rooms, good FREE hot breakfast, good location, off the main drag. I would recommend this to anyone visiting the Pensacola area, especially with a family. It is close to NAS and Corrie Station. The maid service is rather slow, takes forever to clean your room, but, a good job once it is done. Eat breakfast b4 8 or else standing room only.

Room Tip: a room on the front gives you a view of the highway
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled with family