“Nice to Place to say”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Anderson, Indiana
“Nice to Place to say”
Reviewed 17 April 2014

Awesome staff very friendly. Comfortable place to say. Great place for the family. Very patriotic and supportive of the Blue Angels.Breakfast was great. Close to the beach and numerous other family activities.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
Steinhatchee
Reviewed 10 April 2014

Then check in experience was extremely pleasant. The rooms were clean and quite and stocked. Breakfast area was clean and well presented. The young man in charge of the breakfast area kept in clean and changed the utensils often.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Reviewed 17 March 2014 via mobile

My family and I arrived and I had great expectations of this hotel. I was impressed at first with the front desk clerk at checking in. Very friendly. We checked in early. Once we settled in for the night we, my wife, pulled out the sofa sleeper to put the linen on the mattress. First, the mattress was upside down. Secondly, upon turning over the mattress we found what could only be dried up something, vomit, feces, I don't know. I was not happy. I took a picture and showed the hotel staff. I will not go into details here, but the hotel staff tried to take my cell phone from me, it was laying on the counter directly in front of me. The staff member did reach for it took it and I asked for it back. I did get it back. After long talks a replacement mattress was found and hotel staff did replace this nasty, dirty mattress. The replacement mattress was not the best ie: comfortable. The springs could be felt very easily by my daughter. Upon check out, hotel did apologize, but I feel it was too little to late. I probably would not stay here again, especially with my family. If I'm on business I might.

Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
4 Thank BigIsh
Fort Worth, Texas
Reviewed 13 March 2014

In town for a convention and chose the Blue Angel for it's location (very easy on and off interstate access). Stayed here for 3 nights and was very impressed by the cleanliness of the entire hotel. The staff were professional and very friendly. Breakfast was great. Plenty of choices and kept stocked. Michael, the breakfast attendant, was a ray of sunshine, especially considering that I ate breakfast before 7 each morning of my stay. Every morning he greeted me with a smile and a good morning. I highly recommend the Blue Angel Inn to all travelers. I titled this rest easy because I was made to feel I was among friends and family and slept like a baby with no fear of loud noises or other such unpleasantries.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
McLean, Illinois
Reviewed 3 March 2014

We recently stayed at the BW Blue Angel Inn and had a nice experience.
Desk staff was pleasant but not overly informative. The only real negative was the pillows. They smelled like bleach and they were too soft and pudgy.
Breakfast was what is expected for a "complimentary breakfast", decent, but it is not going to win any prizes. The host of the breakfast was not as friendly as most, especially for the South. But he kept most things filled.
Cable television selection was above average as compared to most motels.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Travlin4Kids
blueangelinn, General Manager at Best Western Plus Blue Angel Inn, responded to this review, 4 March 2014
Hello Travlin4kids. Thank you for taking the time to do a review on our hotel. We pride ourselves in great customer service and thank you for the feedback. I can use it to only make our hotel better. Hope to see you again when traveling through Pensacola.
Safe Travels
Melissa
Lawrenceville, Georgia
Reviewed 2 March 2014

I enjoyed my stay at The Best Western Plus/Blue Angel Inn. It was very close to the interstate, so it was in a great location. Upon arrival, we were greeted with a very warm reception. The staff was friendly and informative. The room was nice with all the amenties and a very comfortable bed. I especially like the bathroom, which was emmaculate!! The breakfast was decent and the gentlemen that was in charge of the breakfast was very friendly. Overall it was a very enjoyable stay and I am looking forward to booking another room for my summer vacation and being able too stay longer.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
blueangelinn, Breakfast Staff at Best Western Plus Blue Angel Inn, responded to this review, 4 March 2014
Hello MichelleS_1979. Thank you for all the kind words about our hotel as well as myself. We are so glad you enjoyed your trip and hope to see you again.
Best Regards
Michael
Bloomington, United States
Reviewed 28 February 2014

I would say this Best Western is one of the better ones in their chain that we have stayed in. My only negative is the connecting doors between rooms. We had some neighbors that came in after 12:30 am and decided to talk for a long time. It sounded like they were in the room with us. (I don't know why people don't realize that motel walls are thin and almost everything you say can be heard next door.) Otherwise the motel atmosphere was very nice! Breakfast was ok. The man that was overseeing the breakfast area was a little too interested in "Good Morning America" at times. I would have preferred a news channel instead of an entertainment show. The beds were nice, but I dislike Best Western's choice of pillows. This is a brand wide complaint and not specific to this motel. Considering the overall experience though, I would stay here again when in Pensacola.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

2 Thank Darien M
Hello DarienM. Thank you for taking the time to review our property. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. I will speak to the breakfast staff about the tv and when you visit again you can ask to change the channel to news because that is no problem.
Best Regards