“Dirty pool”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Tampa, Florida
“Dirty pool”
Reviewed 4 May 2014 via mobile

Overall this is a nice quite place to stay when I come for work.. Some staff are friendly some just can't be bothered...my biggest issue is I was done with work early and it was a beautiful day, so I thought I'd take a swim in the pool....NOT.....the pool had stuff floating in it, it had like a film on the top...was not appealing at all. So disappointing. If you are going to have a pool I would suggest someone tend to it daily...(it's been dirty like this since I got here 4 days ago)

Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Angie K

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
lakeland, United States
Reviewed 29 April 2014

Room this time was very clean and the staff was still friendly.I also stay at other hotels in the area and this hotel for the most part competes well. Holiday Inn Express down the street is overall is better but also more expensive.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business

1 Thank William R
Middleton, United States
Reviewed 18 April 2014

We enjoyed our stay at the Best Western Blue Angel Inn. The staff were very helpful and professional. The rooms were clean and well maintained. The in-hotel breakfast saves us considerable time in getting on with our vacation.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple

Anderson, Indiana
Reviewed 17 April 2014

Awesome staff very friendly. Comfortable place to say. Great place for the family. Very patriotic and supportive of the Blue Angels.Breakfast was great. Close to the beach and numerous other family activities.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Steinhatchee
Reviewed 10 April 2014

Then check in experience was extremely pleasant. The rooms were clean and quite and stocked. Breakfast area was clean and well presented. The young man in charge of the breakfast area kept in clean and changed the utensils often.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 17 March 2014 via mobile

My family and I arrived and I had great expectations of this hotel. I was impressed at first with the front desk clerk at checking in. Very friendly. We checked in early. Once we settled in for the night we, my wife, pulled out the sofa sleeper to put the linen on the mattress. First, the mattress was upside down. Secondly, upon turning over the mattress we found what could only be dried up something, vomit, feces, I don't know. I was not happy. I took a picture and showed the hotel staff. I will not go into details here, but the hotel staff tried to take my cell phone from me, it was laying on the counter directly in front of me. The staff member did reach for it took it and I asked for it back. I did get it back. After long talks a replacement mattress was found and hotel staff did replace this nasty, dirty mattress. The replacement mattress was not the best ie: comfortable. The springs could be felt very easily by my daughter. Upon check out, hotel did apologize, but I feel it was too little to late. I probably would not stay here again, especially with my family. If I'm on business I might.

Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
4 Thank BigIsh
Fort Worth, Texas
Reviewed 13 March 2014

In town for a convention and chose the Blue Angel for it's location (very easy on and off interstate access). Stayed here for 3 nights and was very impressed by the cleanliness of the entire hotel. The staff were professional and very friendly. Breakfast was great. Plenty of choices and kept stocked. Michael, the breakfast attendant, was a ray of sunshine, especially considering that I ate breakfast before 7 each morning of my stay. Every morning he greeted me with a smile and a good morning. I highly recommend the Blue Angel Inn to all travelers. I titled this rest easy because I was made to feel I was among friends and family and slept like a baby with no fear of loud noises or other such unpleasantries.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business