“Pleasant Surprise”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Denham Springs, LA, United States
“Pleasant Surprise”
Reviewed 28 June 2014

We were pleasantly surprised by our recent visit. The staff was friendly and helpful, the facility was clean and well cared for, the room was well appointed and clean. I would not hesitate to return, well worth the 15-20 minute drive to Gulf Breeze and the beaches. Great value.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
Austin, TX, United States
Reviewed 25 June 2014

I have to say that this is a great hotel for the cost of a night's stay. I spent 4 nights here during a vacation. Since I came down sick, I spent more time here than planned but that gave me the opportunity to try out more of the offerings. PROs: Internet. easy log on with little hassle and since I was laid up, used Netflix. No hiccups there. Great front desk staff and the room servicing staff worked well too. Anything I asked for happened. Location. Easy in/out, near enough to Pensacola to do things while being in a nice quiet neighborhood. 24-hour coffee, tea, decaf. Nice treat when you're holed up in the room recovering. Bed. I have to say they were very comfortable nights. YMMV, but the bed/pillows were what I liked. CONs: The only con I could think of is the free breakfast. The staff manned it well enough and kept it full though. The food offered was limited and was downright institutional though. It met my requirements, but this is the reason I gave it 4 stars instead of 5. I've stayed at lots of hotels in this class with better offerings. Eggs were plain, biscuits are OK, sausage gravy was BLAND, Sausage links ok, bacon greasy.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo

1 Thank Stephen W
Hurley, Mississippi, USA
Reviewed 24 June 2014

I stay at this hotel on a weekly basis. they are always courteous and go out of there way to ensure the stay is awesome. If I find anything not perfect, they make sure it is fixed promptly. I would and will continue t recommend this hotel and the staff to any and everyone that I met. My family often stay here on vacation. Great location to get most anywhere.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business

Reviewed 23 June 2014

Overall the hotel was fine but the desk clerk was a bit short on service. She said we could not get an upgrade because the hotel was fully booked but the parking lot was only about 25% full. She did not acknowledge us for some time when we went for pool towels. Finally, when we mentioned that the WIFI had problems and was cutting out on several devices, that WE should call the provider to help us. The WIFI did not work the whole time we were there.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family

1 Thank thomasv920
Austin, Texas
Reviewed 22 June 2014

Went to Pensacola, FL to visit son, daughter-in-law, and grandkids for vacation. Stayed at the Best Western Plus Blue Angel Inn again. This is the nicest hotel and the staff is always very friendly. There was a new person doing the breakfast bar this time and he was really great. He made sure that everything was fresh and kept full at all times. Took time out to speak to everyone and was very helpful. They had something new on the breakfast bar instead of the waffle machine they had a pancake machine. It was less messy and the pancakes were really good. I enjoy staying at this hotel when we go to Pensacola because of the friendly staff and the cleanliness of the hotel.

Room Tip: We need a handicap room for the higher toilet, and the handicap bars in the tub, these rooms are rea...
Green Features: Everything is environmentally-friendly from the bath tissue to the linens, and towels.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Plano, Texas, United States
Reviewed 21 June 2014

This is third time we stayed at this Best western, we know we ill get a good quiet room at a fair price.
there are several places to eat and gas up here and it is very convenient to !-10.
Highly recommend

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Gainesville, Florida
Reviewed 14 June 2014

We stayed 1 night while traveling to Texas for a family event. We booked via Priceline Express Deals and got a good rate.

The property is conveniently located off the I-10 just on the outskirts of Pensacola. The night desk attendant was courteous and efficient. The public spaces and room are well maintained and clean. The hotel seems to either be new or newly renovated. The room was spacious and comfortable.

I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone traveling through Pensacola, FL.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family