“NICE SERVICE NICE HOTEL”

Best Western Plus Blue Angel Inn
Ranked #6 of 65 Hotels in Pensacola
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 7 August 2014

Thank you to all the employees for this excellent hotel
front desk Amanda Patty etc... and the Breakfast host He is AWESOME and the housekeeper she did good job cleaning my room every single day of our stay .
When my family and I think to go back to Pensacola definitely think of staying in this hotel

Reviewed 5 August 2014 via mobile

We stayed here because of its close proximity to the springs and also the beach. The hotel was clean, quiet, and in a safe location. There are a few good places to eat near by and the beach is only a few miles away. The only problem that I experienced was with the wifi. C spire reception in this location is awful, no 3G at all. The wifi was intermittent which lead to severe diaphoresis and nausea while attempting to make plans for the next day. Lol

• Stayed: August 2014
Reviewed 4 August 2014 via mobile

The hotel was clean. The staff was nice. However, only one light worked in the bathroom. The toilet overflowed onto the entire bathroom floor. And, I may as well have slept on a pile of rocks because the bed had no mercy on my back. For $200 per night I have had better. I haven't ever had a bad experience at Best Western but this one could have been better.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 23 July 2014

Really good! The only thing that I had a problem with is the towels. I would say, bring your own towels when traveling and pillows. Besides that it was a nice place to stay. I really don't know what else to say but have a Safe & Happy travels.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Reviewed 22 July 2014

This hotel is ok. The rooms are spacious and clean. Check-in was easy and fast. We did have a problem with our toilet. It wouldn't flush and we contacted the front desk at 8:30 a.m. and it still wasn't fixed by the time we got back to our hotel at 12:30 p.m. That was disappointing. We checked out early, but not because of the toilet, so I can't comment on how long it would have taken to get the toilet fixed.

1  Thank Julie A
Reviewed 21 July 2014

This hotel meets all the minimum requirements of a "Plus" Best Western. I would like to see more personality...pictures...flavor... with the hotel, but other than that everything was exactly as it should be and the staff were extremely helpful and friendly. The hotel is in a very safe area and it is very, very clean and professional.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Reviewed 17 July 2014

I dont like writing negative reviews. Especially when the folks working @ this hotel are as nice as the staff here. But Thank goodness BW accepted my bid and I didnt pay full price.

The hotel was conveniently located off of I-10 in Pensacola but in a less then desirable area. Go more than a few hundred yards from the hotel and the area was run down.

Despite our displeasure with this hotel. The staff was very pleasant, helpful and friendly.

The room smelled like a damp musky old sneaker. The bathroom smelled like mildew. If you blasted the A/C it didnt smell as much but it still had an unpleasant odor . The windows were dirty. (inside the rm) The elevator was so small that entering and exiting with their luggage cart was difficult.

The coffee @ breakfast was undrinkable. I Later was told the coffee is made from frozen concentrate. The breakfast bar gave you several choices. I dont expect gourmet food @ a Hotel's free Breakfast but this food was poor to barely average quality. The exception was the Sausage Gravy. (which I dont eat) The plates were cheap thin paper, so you needed to stack them up to prevent them from bending and losing your food. The plastic utensils were so cheap you couldnt cut your food.

The wi-fi was awful. Getting a connection took forever. The computer room was out of paper for the printer. I was able to get paper at the desk. The Satellite TV froze up during the nite making it impossible to watch all but a select few stations.

The exercise room had a recumbent bike that was nice.

Although we really loved Pensacola. We couldnt wait to leave this hotel. I'm perplexed how anyone could give this hotel a positive review! We do a fair share of traveling. This was one of the worst hotels we've stayed in many years. IMO this isnt a 2 1/2 Star hotel. Closer a 1 1/2 Star Hotel.

Room Tip: Our room smelled. As for a room that doesnt smell. Not sure if that possible.