“Worst place ever”

Americas Best Value Inn & Suites
Ranked #44 of 65 Hotels in Pensacola
Reviewed 12 July 2014

Now this review is about a year late, but I wanted to review it. It may have been upgraded since we were there, but I somehow doubt it.
This hotel was meant to be a stop over for two days on the way to Disney. We wanted to break up the trip a bit and enjoy the beach. The pool was out of service, which was strange for a summer trip, and didn't even have water in it. No big deal. Again, this was just supposed to be a place to rest at night as were going to spend a lot of time at the beach anyway. The parking lot had loud music going on from some shady looking people. I knew that I was going to have to keep an eye on the vehicle. The room was very musky in smell and the bathroom didn't look like it was cleaned in a while. While this grossed out the family, I was still trying to find a reason to be happy to get the room. Where I had to draw the line was when I was showing my daughter how the door lock worked, we were outside with the door locked, and I showed her how to open with the key card. She asked how someone else could get in with a card and I said that unless it was management, that shouldn't be an issue. I also showed her that the door couldn't be opened without the card. But it could... I then asked my wife to turn the deadbolt because this wasn't good. Lo and behold, the door could be opened with the deadbolt activated, and no key card. Maintenance ws called and they said that they needed a part, and that there was no other room to give us. Turned out to be a blessing because I believe wight he shady folks out in the parking lot, and no way to secure the room, I wouldn't have felt safe for the family to stay.
That will be the last time i will ever book a place at an America's Best Value Inn.

Room Tip: Go to a reputable hotel.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Brian K

Reviewed 2 June 2014

Our stay was great and the manager Paula is the sweetest lady! Room was just perfect for the stay we booked. About 4 days, and the room was doable. Good size beds, tv, fridge, microwave, donuts and coffee for breakfast. I was pleased with the kindness of changing our room, and getting us room keys when we got locked out. Will certainly come back!!

• Stayed: May 2014
Reviewed 1 June 2014 via mobile

Looked at few of the rooms. Picked one we thought was kinda clean to stay the night. MISTAKE. Ac didn't work good. Found dried blood on wall, & ashes behind end table for a non smoking room. Also roach on bathroom floor.Very nasty and dirty. Manager wasnt very nice when confronted about it. And the donuts an coffee for breakfast is a joke. DONT WASTE MONEY HERE. I WOULD NEVER STAY HERE AGAIN

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank CAMOGIRL1974
Reviewed 30 March 2014

The room wasn't overly dirty, but you got the feeling it could have been cleaner. I guess for the price we paid, it was just okay. We asked for a wheelchair accessible room. The rooms have a little ramp to get in, but no one in a wheelchair could get in by themselves. The shower bench in the bathtub is another thing that you can't do alone. In addition, it is padded and very slick...dangerous! But the staff was friendly. It was noisy, and someone in the room above us was pounding on the floor all night. We called the front desk and asked that they address it. They said they would, but the banging never stopped. If you need a quiet night of sleep, this might not be the place.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank TLB2005
Reviewed 27 February 2014

Please don't ask for extra things because you will get complete bad third degree..me and my family has had bad luck about housekeepers coming in our room and taken stuff so everywhere we go now we ask for no room service...and because I want to keep my things secure...I get rude service from the front desk....I will never spend my money here again...

• Stayed: February 2014
3  Thank niprtty
Reviewed 18 February 2014

Very good stayed at this hotel with the family. Very good staff specially Paula. Will definitely stay again in this hotel.
Family enjoyed pensacola, this hotel close to the beach and for a bit of ride to Alabama or Georgia. Next time will take a map for attractions for the family.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank richndebb
Reviewed 17 July 2013

The Americas Best Value Inn & Suites on Pensacola Blvd in car city is a horrible place to stay.

To wit: The carpet is nasty. The bathroom floor is nasty. The washer and dryer (only one set for the entire motel) room is nasty.

The walkways and parking lot are stained, unsanitary, and slippery.

The manager does not care.

Room Tip: There are no good rooms. This motel is disgusting. They hire illegal aliens who are even more incomp...
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled solo
3  Thank MorrisHHayes
ABVI1, Guest Relations Manager at Americas Best Value Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 3 August 2013

Mr. Morris Hayes,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review on your hotel; unfortunately for our hotel and all the hard working , very nice and polite employees at the hotel you decided to not be very nice and gave us the lowest rating possible even though you have been staying with us at the hotel now for several weeks! We sincerely wish that we could change the way you feel about the hotel especially since you have been at the hotel for over 8 weeks and you have been a first hand witness to the many exciting upgrades and changes we have made to the hotel in the past several months. Upgraded pool furniture and decking, fully repainted the exterior of the building, refreshed the landscaping, installed a guest laundry area to name just a few of the things we have done!

We know you are upset about hotel policies and rules that our staff and guest have to follow but there are certain rules that all guest of the hotel have to follow no matter how long they have stayed with us. We hope that we are able to change the way you think about our hotel and the staff, and that you continue to stay with us for many more weeks to come!

Guest Relations for ABVI Pensacola Blvd.