“Avoid unless VERY low expectations!”

Americas Best Value Inn & Suites
Ranked #42 of 65 Hotels in Pensacola
“Avoid unless VERY low expectations!”
Reviewed 20 July 2014

First I must say Paula at the desk was extremely pleasant, but the motel is a complete mess. Horrible beds and smelly rooms. Looks like they use Kilz frequently to try to cover all the black mold on bathroom ceiling and a gallon of Pinesol between guests to mask to general uncleanlyness of the rooms. Lots of "long term" renters who seemed a bit sketchy, one smoking weed in the open on the pool deck in front of my family. Finally the continental breakfast was simply mini donuts and coffee. I booked this motel last minute and had low expectations, but this place was easily the worst place I've ever stayed.

• Stayed July 2014

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Reviewed 14 July 2014 via mobile

Room smells horrible, drug heads all around the parking lot. Water stains, needs to be cleaned and nowhere to park. Spend a little more money and stay somewhere esle. Loud music this is a terrible place.

• Stayed July 2014
1 Thank Bowers1979
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 12 July 2014

Now this review is about a year late, but I wanted to review it. It may have been upgraded since we were there, but I somehow doubt it.
This hotel was meant to be a stop over for two days on the way to Disney. We wanted to break up the trip a bit and enjoy the beach. The pool was out of service, which was strange for a summer trip, and didn't even have water in it. No big deal. Again, this was just supposed to be a place to rest at night as were going to spend a lot of time at the beach anyway. The parking lot had loud music going on from some shady looking people. I knew that I was going to have to keep an eye on the vehicle. The room was very musky in smell and the bathroom didn't look like it was cleaned in a while. While this grossed out the family, I was still trying to find a reason to be happy to get the room. Where I had to draw the line was when I was showing my daughter how the door lock worked, we were outside with the door locked, and I showed her how to open with the key card. She asked how someone else could get in with a card and I said that unless it was management, that shouldn't be an issue. I also showed her that the door couldn't be opened without the card. But it could... I then asked my wife to turn the deadbolt because this wasn't good. Lo and behold, the door could be opened with the deadbolt activated, and no key card. Maintenance ws called and they said that they needed a part, and that there was no other room to give us. Turned out to be a blessing because I believe wight he shady folks out in the parking lot, and no way to secure the room, I wouldn't have felt safe for the family to stay.
That will be the last time i will ever book a place at an America's Best Value Inn.

Room Tip: Go to a reputable hotel.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Brian K
Flower Mound, Texas
Reviewed 2 June 2014

Our stay was great and the manager Paula is the sweetest lady! Room was just perfect for the stay we booked. About 4 days, and the room was doable. Good size beds, tv, fridge, microwave, donuts and coffee for breakfast. I was pleased with the kindness of changing our room, and getting us room keys when we got locked out. Will certainly come back!!

• Stayed May 2014
Lake Charles, Louisiana
Reviewed 1 June 2014 via mobile

Looked at few of the rooms. Picked one we thought was kinda clean to stay the night. MISTAKE. Ac didn't work good. Found dried blood on wall, & ashes behind end table for a non smoking room. Also roach on bathroom floor.Very nasty and dirty. Manager wasnt very nice when confronted about it. And the donuts an coffee for breakfast is a joke. DONT WASTE MONEY HERE. I WOULD NEVER STAY HERE AGAIN

Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank CAMOGIRL1974
Boise, Idaho
Reviewed 30 March 2014

The room wasn't overly dirty, but you got the feeling it could have been cleaner. I guess for the price we paid, it was just okay. We asked for a wheelchair accessible room. The rooms have a little ramp to get in, but no one in a wheelchair could get in by themselves. The shower bench in the bathtub is another thing that you can't do alone. In addition, it is padded and very slick...dangerous! But the staff was friendly. It was noisy, and someone in the room above us was pounding on the floor all night. We called the front desk and asked that they address it. They said they would, but the banging never stopped. If you need a quiet night of sleep, this might not be the place.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank TLB2005
Reviewed 27 February 2014

Please don't ask for extra things because you will get complete bad third degree..me and my family has had bad luck about housekeepers coming in our room and taken stuff so everywhere we go now we ask for no room service...and because I want to keep my things secure...I get rude service from the front desk....I will never spend my money here again...

• Stayed February 2014