“what a mess, avoid.”

SureStay Plus Hotel by Best Western Pensacola
Ranked #53 of 65 Hotels in Pensacola
Reviewed 17 July 2011

I booked this place sight-unseen using a "book now, find out hotel name after" website. Next time in I'm in Pensacola, I'll gladly pay full rate to avoid this place.

I spent one night here. Upon walking into the building hallway, the carpets are absolutely filthy. Disgusting first impression.

On my walk to my room, I passed a pile of laundry in the hall, a shirtless guy, and at least 5 children left unsupervised to run around the hallways. This was at almost 11:00pm.

In my room, I found a non-working alarm clock and a bloodstained pillow case. Disgusting.

When trying to check out in the morning, the front desk was unstaffed. A note indicated the desk was closed while breakfast was being prepared. Dropped my keycard and thought "good riddance."

The only positive note, is I didn't get bedbugs.

Room Tip: I suspect they're all equally terrible
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank researchcenter
ramadainnpensacola, Webmaster at SureStay Plus Hotel by Best Western Pensacola, responded to this reviewResponded 29 September 2011

Thank you for choosing Ramada Pensacola for your recent stay in our area.

• Maintenance was informed of the non-working alarm clock in the room assigned to you and instructed to see to it’s repair or replacement.

• Management was approached about having enough staff to tend to both the front desk and the breakfast.

• Management and desk staff were approached concerning their responsibility to see to it that our valued guests remember their responsibility to be thoughtful of their fellow guests.

I hope that the next time you visit our area, you will once again choose to stay at Ramada Pensacola. I think you will be greatly pleased.

Reviewed 4 July 2011

I have over 28 years US Army and have lived and stayed worldwide..This was worst ever. I immediately checked out after paying and requested a refund. Today 4th July and I am still waiting for a refund to my cc.

Room Tip: Do not stay a the Ramada Inn. Not clean, Filty...
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family

Dear mwstallworth,

Thank you for your intent to stay at Ramada Pensacola during your recent visit to our area.

• Management was presented with your review and it was suggested that the matter be looked into to see why you would make such a statement.

• Management was approached about your refund.

We take our reviews very seriously. I hope that the next time you visit our area, you will again consider staying at Ramada Pensacola. I think you will be greatly pleased.

Reviewed 13 June 2011

Floors are filthy every where looks like they have never been cleaned. Housekeeping was dragging bags across the carpeted floors with stuff leaking out. Breakfast was until 9 am but at 7:30 the stopped putting food out and locked up and left. Our toilet was not bolted to the floor and moved, we had to buy bleach & clean the tub out because there was hair all in it. YUCK! Overall this was the nastiest place... And dont bother telling the manager because she dont care either. I had the assistant manager tell me to get in my room, i got very upset because im grown & i was waiting outside my room for my daughter so we could go to the store, and she tells me i need to go in my room. That was the last straw. Run from this place!

• Stayed: June 2011
ramadainnpensacola, Webmaster at SureStay Plus Hotel by Best Western Pensacola, responded to this reviewResponded 28 September 2011

Dear Guest:

Thank you for choosing Ramada Pensacola for your recent stay in our area.

Thank you for taking the time to give us a review, it is very much appreciated. Upon receipt of your review, the following actions were taken:

• Housekeeping staff received additional training concerning the level of cleanliness required of them as our employees.

• Management staff received additional training concerning the courteous, respectful, helpful manner in which they are to treat our valued guests.

Reviewed 13 June 2011

Don't be fooled by the pictures of this hotel on their website like I was. The outside of the hotel looks okay, but after my family and I checked in and entered the hallway to get to our room, we were immediately hit with a very strong, foul odor. The carpet in the hallway looked very old and like it has never been cleaned. Stains everywhere. Our room was no better. Stains all over the very dirty carpet that looked like it hadn't been vacuumed in ages. Stains on the comforters. Tears all over the blankets. Dust so thick on the night stand that I could run my finger through it. A used shower cap on the floor. Hair all over the bathroom floor. Stains all over the upholstered chair, desk chair, lamp shades and curtains. Just filthy. I've stayed in cheap hotels before but when I reserved a room here it was not a cheap rate. That's why I am writing this review. Because I felt very deceived by the pictures on this hotel's website and when I pay a decent rate for a hotel room, I expect to at least get a room that's been cleaned. My family had traveled 13 hours that day. We got to the hotel late in the evening and by the time we got to our room, it was too late to get another hotel for the evening. I checked the mattresses for bed bugs, didn't find any, stripped the beds of the tattered blankets and stained comforters, and my family and I slept with just the sheets. First thing the next morning, I couldn't check out fast enough. Breakfast was a joke. No fruit, hard biscuits, the gravy smelled rank, and there were absolutely no hotel staff in site to clean off the tables or breakfast bar area. We grabbed some dry cereal boxes and left.

• Stayed: June 2011
2  Thank PattyAce
Reviewed 10 June 2011

My family and I stayed here in May 2011 because my husband's brother was in the hospital, and at the time the doctors were telling us he needed emergency surgery. Anyway, we had another hotel lined up (the Quality Inn) but we chose NOT to stay there because when we got there we noticed it looked a little sketchy...so my husband got to work scoping out Priceline. They accepted the offer, and we took off.

Upon arrival, the lobby looked a little cheap, but we didn't think anything of it because we were so tired from driving all night, we just wanted sleep!! The hallway was a little sketchy, there were stains all on the carpet, and it was sticky...but again we were very tired and sleepy and just wanted to lie down. The room was pretty clean, except that same sticky stained floor followed us into the room...the bathroom was clean and I didn't notice anything weird with it. The bed was very comfortable, and gave us a good night's sleep. Also that night we had decided we only needed to stay one night and the front desk had no problem in refunding our money we had paid for the second night...so their service was excellent.

The breakfast the next morning was okay...consisting mostly of cereal, danish, juices, etc. Not having to pay for a breakfast was optimal because we were all on a tight budget anyway. I am not sure how the pool looked because we did not use it, but I did get to see into the exercise room...and it looked sufficient.

The thing that does stand out most in my mind are the VERY THIN walls. My husband and I were walking in the hallway, and we heard some sounds that were very....well....you know that I mean!! That could be an issue if children were with us, and thankfully that was not the case...so parents BEWARE the VERY THIN WALLS!!!

All in all, the hotel served it's purpose, but I wouldn't want to stay here an extended amount of time.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank lcouch25

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Ramada Pensacola for your recent stay in our area. I wish that the reason for your visit had been a more pleasant one.

Thank you for taking the time to give us a review, it is very much appreciated. Upon receipt of your review, the following step was taken:

• Housekeeping was informed of your mention of finding the floors sticky and stained and instructed to look into the matter.

Reviewed 31 May 2011

I am covered in bites.
As a professional driver, we are in a different hotel every night. This is the worst place we have every stayed in. I wish I would of looked at the reviews on this site before I booked my reservation. It looks good from the outside. The tub still had hair in it from where some shaved. The shower curtain was all moldy at the bottom. The carpet has NEVER been cleaned and it shows. The bed is lumpy not to mention the bed bugs

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled on business

Thank you for choosing Ramada Pensacola for your recent stay in our area.

Thank you for taking the time to give us a review, it is very much appreciated. Upon receipt of your review, the following steps were taken:

• Housekeeping staff received additional instruction regarding the level of cleanliness required of them as our employees.

• Maintenance staff was notified of your report of bedbugs and instructed to look into the matter and see to their elimination.

Reviewed 13 May 2011

First thing we noticed was the stains on the hall carpets, then we smelled the stench in the ice/concession area. The odor seemed to be coming from the trash can....three days later, the same trash was falling out of top of bin and the horrible smell was worse.
The room was very dirty and furniture battered and dusty....the bathroom filthy. There was a dried, dirty washcloth on the top of the shower from previous occupant, the tubs and sinks were obviously unclean. There was even dirty tissues in floor.
We bought lysol and cleaned the room ourselves since the other hotels were booked. The next day after our outing we returned about 3 pm...the maids were just then cleaning our room. We asked for towels and wash cloths to get showers but were told it would be at least an hour before we could get them so I went to front desk and asked for towels. Receptionist assured me we'd have them in 15 minutes. I later had to seek out maid and remind her again....she made me wait another 10 minutes and finally brought us towels....they had dried mucous on them. There are 3 inch roaches on ceilings. The ironing board collapsed when we tried to iron clothes. We ran out of toilet tissue and the tissue box fell off the wall when trying to get tissues.
The quilts and sheets are tattered and stained and appeared to have mouse poop in bed. I would never again stay at this hotel...poor excuse for a Ramada!

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled with family