“worst Ramada I have ever stayed at” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Magnuson Hotel Pensacola

Magnuson Hotel Pensacola
Ranked #50 of 63 Hotels in Pensacola
Hammond, Louisiana, United States
“worst Ramada I have ever stayed at”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 May 2012

Upon arrival, the exterior of the hotel doesn't appear as bad. Once we entered the hotel, it was completely different! The carpet in the hallway was completely stained up smelled wet like mildew. There was a large bag of trash that smelled terrible lying in the hallway near the vending. The window directly in front of the pool was broken out and was replaced with plywood. The exterior of the doors were scuffed up with marks. The interior of our room had scuff marks all over every wall and 5 patches where holes once were. The ceiling had 3 places where it was falling down. The walls in the shower stall and the shower curtain had mildew on them. The mirror in the bath was rusted and the blow dryer was covered with dust and dirt. The sheets were stained and the bed skirt was torn. Upon check in, the telephone or remote didn't work and we also didn't have any towels. So I went to the front desk and asked for towels and batteries for the remote and the front desk had neither to offer me. Desk clerk finally brought us some around 9pm! I voiced my concerns via a letter to the management and we went to spend the day at the beach. As we returned from the beach (all ready to take showers) we were only left 3 large bath towels and no wash clothes, hand towels, or bathmats! We had 5 occupants in the room, so we went to the front desk to ask for wash clothes and 2 more large towels. The front desk clerk was extremely rude and basically acted as if we were ridiculous for asking for them! We checked out the next morning. Upon checkout, I asked the clerk if management received my letter and her answer was "yes- she said she will look into all of that" Seriously?! -- this was the answer! I would NEVER recommend anyone to stay here. This is a Ramada that should have a Bates motel sign on it instead!

Room Tip: noisy hotel- kind of in a bad area. We heard sirens all night.
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Landa4160

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 May 2012

We read the reviews but were hoping for a better experience... Our room was hot, had hairs in the bed, and our keys didn't always work. The bathroom was worse than the bedroom. Unfortunately, it was just as bad as described. Although we only spent $70 a night, I feel we deserved a clean room... At least clean sheets.

• Stayed May 2012
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Travellers are raving about these Pensacola hotels

Tampa, Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2012

Clean rooms and modest service at this hotel. Nothing fancy and not much for breakfast. Not a bad stay for $55 on Expedia.

• Stayed March 2012
1 Thank kbikerider
Houma
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 April 2012

I always though that Ramadas were nice places to stay. Wrong, Male staff not friendly at all, I have knee problems so find out they have breakfast on the 2nd floor and there is no elevator was a shock to say the least. The room was smelly upon entering. Bathroom very small. Very out dated. Was scared to lay on beds. We checked out by 8am the next morning. This place needs a lot of work and to date I have only stayed at one other place that was bad. The Days Inn's are so nice and I have not found one that has not been. Also Wyndham I expect better lodging. Not the sub-standard that we had here. Will never go back

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Phyllis B
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 March 2012

Im sitting here in another city at the tail end of my vacation trying to figure out why im short in my bank account. THEY BILLED ME TWICE. I called and they said they would refund it in 5 to 10 days.....I explained I need the money to finish my vacation and get home....can I please talk to a manager. The lady was rude and told me none was duty but even if the manager was there she would would say the same thing, sorry, im gonna have to deal with it.
Now I am short money for food and activities. Good thing Im now in New Orleans cuz me and my kids are gonna be eating rice and beans for the rest of our vacation!

• Stayed March 2012
1 Thank ebiehn
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 December 2011

Filthy sheets, stinky room, indifferent receptionist. We just stayed there for 5 minutes, and although it was rainig hard, we preferred to stay somewhere else. The worst inn I've ever seen!

• Stayed December 2011
1 Thank frieda_708
Cypress, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 December 2011

I was skeptical when booking this reservation, but I needed an inexpensive room for the night, and also needed a hotel that accepted pets. We booked a room with two doubles, which typically means tripping over each other, but not in this hotel! Our room was big enough for us to put a queen air mattress on the floor, our dog's bedding, and STILL have room for our luggage and plenty of walking space.

In addition, it was clear that the hotel had been recently renovated, with fresh paint and carpet in the hallways, and clean room with clean bedding. There was a smell that I typically associate with badly cleaned carpet, but it was not overwhelming at all. Top it off with a very brightly lit parking lot, and you could not ask for a better value for $75 (which INCLUDED the pet fee). The best surprise of all was finding out that we were only charged $70 instead of $75 at checkout, and when I asked about that, the manager told me she had given us a discount on the spot!

We will definitely stay here on our trip home next week.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with family