“Most disgusting hotel I have ever been to!”

Magnuson Hotel Pensacola
Ranked #52 of 65 Hotels in Pensacola
Rockwall
“Most disgusting hotel I have ever been to!”
Reviewed 28 August 2012

We arrived at the hotel very late in the evening and noticed the dirty hallways but were tired and had already paid so decided to go ahead and stay. Once inside the furniture was so dirty and the blanket on bed was stained and in very poor condition. I requested a new blanket and they did bring me one that was much better. Once we got settled in we noticed the air conditioner did not work. It would cycle on for about 10 minutes and then never come back on again unless you powered the unit off and on again. We had to do this several times during the night to do this.

In the morning, I went to take a shower and the towel that was folded for use looked like I had just washed my car with it. It also look like it had blood stains on it. The floors in the bathroom were filthy and there was alot of mildew in the shower. Also the toilet was so off center that is was almost in the shower.

As we were getting ready to leave, a GIANT cockroach landed on my foot! I went to the front desk and they quickly gave us our money back when I showed them the towel and pictures, however, we lost out on our reward points.

We travel alot and I have never seen a hotel as nasty as this one. This hotel should be shut down as far as I am concerned.

Room Tip: Dont stay at this hotel!!!!
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Kendahl H

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Niceville, Florida, United States
Reviewed 22 August 2012

This was one of the worst hotel stays I've had in years. The customer service agent was MIA when we arrived and we had to wait for at least 10 minutes in the rain to check in; when she finally arrived the agent was not very helpful or friendly. The room was disgusting: the bathroom was dirty and the door would not close, the bed was uncomfortable and the blankets scratchy, the floor was soaked from some unknown leak which was the worst part. The room was very noisy, between a dog barking in the room next to us and a child screaming in the hallway, it was nearly impossible to sleep. The price paid was much greater than the value received. I guarantee there are other places of similar price that would be much preferable, choose one of them instead.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Kymberli R
Hilton Head, South Carolina
Reviewed 3 August 2012

Staying here was a horrible. For starters the front desk agent was the most rude and disrespectful person I have ever met. His customer service skills are a zero. My family reserved 4 rooms. Each room had a problem. The problems ranged from: BROKEN air conditioner, CLOGGED bath tub, HOLE in the ceiling, and RUNNING toilet. All of these issue are thing that can be handled by simply calling the handy man. The most horrible thing about this RAMADA was many of my family member woke up with several BUG BITES on their bodies. This is unacceptable. The hotel was dirty, the cleaning people never cleaned our rooms even when we asked several times. Dead roaches were in the hall. The carpet was filty and the BUG BITES was completely unnacceptable. When we returned home and visited the doctor the doctor confirmed that the bites were BED BUGS. YES BED BUGS. The owner of this establishment need to contact the tv show HOTEL IMPOSSIBE immediately.
DO NOT STAY HERE

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Just F
Midland, Texas
Reviewed 25 July 2012

The worst hotel I've ever stayed in. We had 3 rooms and they were ALL terrible. One airconditioner didn't work. The ones that did left the floor completely soaked! It was molded, the sheets and blankets were filthy. I felt disgusting sleeping at this sorry excuse for Ramada. BLECH!!!

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Amber G
kentucky
Reviewed 22 July 2012 via mobile

Let's start by saying I'm not a fancy schmancy kinda person. I've stayed many places, some good-some bad, but I usually chalk it up to an experience. Live and learn. While I'm not sure if this Ramada lives up to Ramada expectations...it was a place to sleep. Rooms are ok but have thin walls...we quickly learned that by the fighting couple next door. Lol. The breakfast isn't worth mentioning and this This hotel is decently far from most attractions. I never felt unsafe but I can say I felt uncomfortable sometimes. Just being honest here.

Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
Raleigh
Reviewed 17 July 2012

There is so much to say about the poor hotel and how they run things!!! I will just say that its good for a night but not for a week!! Stay elsewhere!!

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
Birmingham, Alabama
Reviewed 12 July 2012

I have been coming down to Pensacola on business off and on for the last 15 months. I have stayed here over 10 times and the staff is always polite and easy to deal with. IMHO, the rooms can't be beat for the money!

Room Tip: Try to stay towards the front of the motel.
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled on business