“Let the tired traveler BEWARE”

Magnuson Hotel Pensacola
Ranked #53 of 65 Hotels in Pensacola
Tecumseh, MO
“Let the tired traveler BEWARE”
Reviewed 20 September 2013

This property epitomized the sneaky ways businesses try to rip off customers. At check in I looked at the receipt and found "$3.00 HURRICANE RECOVERY FEE!!!", Plus $1.50 "Room Safe Fee".
There were no washcloths in the room. The room walls were dirty like someone had layed on the bed with their dirty shoes on the wall. In the hall there were dead cockroaches. Our bathroom had hair all over the floor and bathtub.

Room Tip: I definitely will not stay in this Ramada again.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank PCGJ

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Conyers
Reviewed 10 September 2013

Arrived early and couldn't check in early. Went to the beach and came back around 2:3" to check in. I was assigned to a room that was not cleaned. The housekeeper took the sheets off but was in another room cleaning it!!!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Ramada

1 Thank Shanitra J
Conyers, Georgia
Reviewed 9 September 2013

I arrived early on 09/07/2013 after a 5 hr drive from Atlanta. I asked the Front Desk if we can check in early. We had 2 SUV's with 7 kids that was sleepy and hungry. They manager stated to check in early there would be a $20.00 early check in fee. We al decided to go eat breakfast and site see before check in. Around 2:30pm we arrived back in the hotel. The manager assigned our rooms beside each other. I had room 206 & my friend 208. My room door was open and when my son walked in he stated that someone already has the room. I peeped inside the room. The sheets was on the "stained" chair and the bathroom dirty towels was on the floor. I went inside my friends room to use the phone to call front desk. Nobody answered the phone.I had to find the housekeeper to let her know that we was assigned a dirty room. She said she will help the other housekeeper(who looks atleast 16yrs old) clean my room & it will take about 15-20 mins. Once they cleaned the room she knocked on my friends door to let us know the room had been cleaned. Skipping to the following morning we woke up to eat what they called "breakfast". They was out of juice, the milk was not in individual milk cartoons, the bagels was hard, they ranned out of biscuits/gravy and the muffins was thawed out because the wrapping was wet. This place should be shut down for upgrades ASAP!!! I would never reserved a room here. Stains in the hallways!!!! My next visit, I will be staying on Pensacole Beach Hotels!!!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family