My stay was salvaged by the manager on duty. I'm not completely soured on the Courtyard brand after dealing with her. First, I had an inordinately long wait (4 check-in's deep) at check in after a 7+ hour drive because there was only one person manning the front desk. It's too bad the 3 hotel employees socializing in the dining room couldn't have been trained to help.
Then I experienced the most horrible mistake I've ever experienced at a hotel. I returned to my room a couple of hours after check-in only to find it was occupied by someone else and my bags were missing! That's a surprise noone wants! I am grateful the person had apparently just stepped out (room was still a bit humid from recent shower!). It saved a great deal of embarrassment for us both! Apparently, I had been given the "wrong" room and my bags were moved to the "right" room while I was gone. The manager, however, understood my vexation and handled the problem professionally and comped me appropriately. I don't know if she was prepared to see me, but surely someone had to go through her or another manager to change my room and bag location in the first place?
The room I ultimately was assigned was decent and clean with a pleasant layout, and I even stayed my second night, as planned. It was missing a channel directory and apparently this Courtyard location doesn't supply body lotion in the bathroom either. The room-darkening drapery is also riddled with pin-sized to eraser-sized holes. Fortunately, they weren't large enough to disturb my sleep, but was distracting enough for me to actually count the holes as if I were counting sheep. I was pleased to find they had all manner of soft and firm standard sized pillows, however, as opposed to those ridiculous square ones found in so many hotels today. All in all, I'd say the hotel is definitely overpriced (at the rate i paid for the second night) and the staff, for the greater part, either need better training or managerial/owner/corporate support. It may be worth a stay due to location, but I'm not convinced I'll return on my next trip to Pensacola.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our beautiful, recently renovated hotel is situated in the downtown Pensacola area. We are across the street from beautiful Escambia Bay and just minutes away from the sugar-white sands of Pensacola Beach. Pensacola's Urban Renewal projects have turned our downtown area in to one of the best places to enjoy shops, art, museums, fabulous local seafood and an exciting night life. It's A New Stay at the Courtyard by Marriott Pensacola Downtown! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Marriott, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Courtyard by Marriott Pensacola Downtown reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Courtyard Pensacola Downtown Hotel Pensacola
- Pensacola Courtyard
- Pensacola Marriott
- Courtyard By Marriott Pensacola Downtown Florida