“Loved it.”

Courtyard by Marriott Pensacola Downtown
Ranked #17 of 65 Hotels in Pensacola
Reviewed 26 October 2012

This might be my favorite hotel I've ever stayed at, although you should probably know that you're reading a review written by someone who typically stays at budget hotels and is easily impressed by things like "a gazillion fluffy pillows on the bed" and "quality showerhead."

Anyhow, I loved it.

I had no problems during my stay. The front desk staff were friendly and helpful, and the same goes for the cleaning staff. My room was modern and clean and had a great view of the water (and pelicans). Free wifi Internet is also always a huge plus for my non-smartphone-owning self. The enclosed area around their pool was super nice, and I managed to have the whole pool to myself for a straight hour on a Saturday afternoon!

The continental breakfast looked good, too, although I passed it up in favor of walking to a Waffle House, because I had never been to a Waffle House before. I recommend that, too (again, remember that that recommendation is coming from someone who typically stays at budget hotels).

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled solo
There are newer reviews for Courtyard by Marriott Pensacola Downtown

Reviewed 15 September 2012

Courtyard is my hotel of choice but I probably won't stay at this one when I have to return in 6 months. On my first night, I was woken up by the loud train whistle at 2am. After I fell back asleep, I was again woken up by a truck picking up the dumpster. This was at 4am.

The next day, a train came by again, this time around 5am, blowing its whistle.

Nice location to where I need to be but I did not sleep well at this hotel.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 23 August 2012

We enjoyed our stay here. We were only at the hotel for one night. The front desk staff were very helpful at check-in and providing basic directions to nearby attractions. Our room had a mild odor but other than that it was very spacious and clean. The location is also very convenient to the beach and downtown night activities.

Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 August 2012

We are loyal Marriott guests so we scrutinize any weaknessess in the Marriott's. As others have mentioned, it is close to a couple of good restaurants, relatively close to the beach (across the bridge) and has an exceptional fitness center - much more equipment than similar hotels. Staff was wonderful as most Marriott staff are. We stayed there serveral years ago and the facility looks as new and clean now as it did then. The two problems we encountered that will probably have look for another property in PNS in the future is the 1) comfort of the beds - rock hard and 2) panhandlers/threat of crime. We were approached by a panhandler in the hotel parking lot. The hotel employees a security guard to watch the parking lot.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank UFTAMU
Reviewed 1 August 2012

My first time staying there and i highly recommend this hotel. The staff was great, the hotel was in excellent condition and was very clean. I did enjoy the swimming pool.They served great breakfast and has a lounge. There were a few restaurant in walking distance and it"s not too far from down town. I would not trade this hotel for another. When I am visiting again i will spend my time at the Courtyard and would recommend it to my friends.

Room Tip: "Rooms on the south side are quieter"
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 18 July 2012

The Courtyard by Mariott is on Chase Street in downtown Pensacola. It is not listed in the Courtyards schedules. We stayed there in May of 2012 for two nights. It is small, but oh so nice and clean; easy access to everything; quiet, great service and the view is amazing. I would recommend this one to everyone.

Please add this one to your list of hotels.

Thank you.

Room Tip: Great view on the East side of the building
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 July 2012

We are loyal Marriott clients. We own a Marriott Vacation Club week and recently signed up for Marriott's exclusive exchange program. We also stay, nearly exclusively, at Marriott properties whenever we travel, which is 5-7 times per year. This stay was well below our expectations. The first night in this location resulted in our room not being cleaned for 2 days. The explanation we received was that they simply "forgot" to clean our room. They also forgt the room next door. What hotel forgets to clean more than one occupied rooms? They did comp us one night, which was nice but the experience was still poor. The next day they called our room at 9 am to ask if we wanted our room cleaned. Of course we did but did they need to call at 9 am to confirm that? It seemed as if they operated with the employee needs in mind NOT the guests, we asked for extra towels and they were never provided. There was a$34 charge on our bill which we had to wait until the next morning to have taken off since the staff the night before told us they were unable to remove and we needed to speak with the staff that came in at 6 am. This property simply was not up to what we expect from Marriott.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank bossguy
Also consider these accommodations in or near Pensacola
Pensacola Grand Hotel
Hampton Inn Pensacola Beach
Hampton Inn Pensacola Beach
#7 of 10 in Pensacola Beach
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites - Pensacola West-Navy Base

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Pensacola Downtown? Share your experiences!