“Okay for a quick stop if you must”

Courtyard by Marriott Pensacola Downtown
Ranked #18 of 65 Hotels in Pensacola
Reviewed 26 January 2014

Noisy night and the bathroom was not really as clean as it should be. Didn't look like the floor was washed in a lo-o-ong time. I used Clorox wipes on everything and if you are going to stay here, bring some wipes. A little mildew around the tub and it could use some sprucing up. The room was a nice size and the flat screen TV was a plus. There is a pull out couch, desk and office type chair. I am a Marriott Platinum member and received a free orange juice. wow. It is an easy walk to both McGuires pub and the Outback restaurants.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Duke001
CMPD700, Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Pensacola Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 25 April 2014

Duke001,
Thank you so much for your review and sharing your feedback on your stay with us. I would like to apologize for the disturbance during your stay. I have also spoken with our Executive Housekeeper to correct the cleanliness issue in the room. On your next visit to Pensacola, we hope that you will stay with us again soon.

Thanks again,
Susie Feraci
Hotel Manager

Reviewed 21 January 2014

Stayed two nights, comfy rooms, room service folks were friendly & quick, construction going on in breakfast area, but we walked next door to great breakfast (and lunch) spot called Another Broken Egg Cafe. For dinner we walked 1 block to Landry's Seafood and were given free app or dessert coupon from Marriott since they partnered together, Didn't get to walk around much due to cold winds, but will return and check out area again. Desk staff very friendly & helpful. View of the Gulf was seen from top floor (5th) over the tops of the trees with parking lot below, so view was so-so (entrance side of hotel back towards Gregory street)

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 1 January 2014

We stayed here for New Year's Eve and we will be staying here again next year for New Year's Eve. They had complimentary "hangover kits," late checkout, free bottomless champagne, and a shuttle that came every 20 minutes that would drive you any where within a 10 mile radius. Of course, this was only for New Year's eve, but it was way more than I expected to receive. The hotel is located within walking distance of great places to eat. The staff was very friendly. The driver for the shuttle bus was awesome as well. It met my expectations. The bed was comfortable too. The hotel is also close the the three mile bridge which takes you to Pensacola Beach. Great price for the location!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 23 September 2013

My wife and I stayed here for a long weekend trip to Pensacola. Other Courtyard stays have been mostly-positive but this was definitely our last stay in this hotel chain.

Upon arrival, the check-in process took a whopping 10 minutes, which when arriving at 11pm with no one else in line, was a little ridiculous. Hotel staff seemed friendly enough, but were unapologetic about the long check-in.

Our room seemed clean, but the bed could not have been more uncomfortable. The mattress felt old and as if it hadn't been flipped in years. It sank in the middle and my wife and I rolled into each other throughout the night. Moving close to the edge made it worse as the mattress felt like it was so unsupported that I might roll off the bed entirely, which I probably should've let happen, as the floor would have probably been more comfortable.

The hotel has what appeared to be a decent breakfast buffet, but it's price seemed way too high to justify taking a chance at it after our terrible first night's sleep. We decided to walk across the parking lot to Another Broken Egg (which was the highlight of our weekend in Pensacola - feel free to read my review).

Other travelers have mentioned the late-night train and I have to mention it as well - when sleep was hard enough to get with the bed, being woken up by the nearby train in the wee hours of the morning about put us over the edge.

Considering the cost of the room per night, I had higher expectations (especially since our last night there was $100 more than the previous 2 nights). I would not recommend this hotel to anyone and will stay away from this hotel chain indefinitely.

Room Tip: If for some reason you choose to ignore this review and stay at this hotel anyway, be sure to stay a...
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 September 2013 via mobile

Disappointing - expected the standards to be met. The room had mold coming from the vent. The hot and cold water in the shower was reversed and the shower head would not adjust. The curtains had holes in them. When I addressed these items w/ the front desk - they were aware of all of these situations and were sorry that my expectations were not met. At $143/night - I doubt anyone else's will be. ~ a very disappointed Marriott Rewards Member.

• Stayed: September 2013
Reviewed 3 September 2013

I picked this hotel based on availability and location on a busy Labor Day weekend and was pleasantly surprised. I'm sure there are many great hotels in Pensacola but this one, I believe, should rank higher than 20 ( at this writing). The staff was genuinely friendly, the facility was clean and, while not on the beach, was the hotel with the shortest drive-time from town (10 minutes). The breakfast was good, although we ate at the "Another Broken Egg" next door the second morning. There are several other good places to eat within walking distance also. Did I mention the bed was very comfortable? There were a couple of hiccups. We were in room 102 on the first floor, the outer limits of the Wi-Fi. We, finally, were able to log-in in the lobby and, then, found it easier to get Wi-Fi in our room. And one more little thing. The card reader to let you in the side door with your room key did not work. They said that maintenance was working on it but in during our 2 night stay, it remained inoperable.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank RedfishDave
Reviewed 30 August 2013

Rooms stink. Sheetes and pillows stink. Lack of care from housekeeping is disgusting AT BEST

Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Pensacola
Pensacola Grand Hotel
Courtyard Pensacola
Courtyard Pensacola
#19 of 65 in Pensacola
Holiday Inn Express Pensacola Beach
Holiday Inn Express Pensacola Be...
#1 of 10 in Pensacola Beach

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Pensacola Downtown? Share your experiences!