All reviews another broken egg mcguire's irish pub lots of storage space walking distance starbucks coffee gulf breeze fire pit mini fridge rooms are nice cleaning staff would highly recommend this hotel top floor lobby area close to downtown easy access hot tub business trip
Reviewed 29 March 2016

First and last trip. I was in a bind last weekend and had to find somewhere to stay last minute and only for a few hours. I must say the hotel was nice, but not $250 deposit nice on top of the crazy $168 I was charged for the room. Not only that but they refund your deposit BY MAIL. A WEEK LATER AND I'M STILL WAITING. I'll gladly stay in one of the local hotels next time. Wish there was an option for zero stars.

Also by the lack or responsibility taken by management in some of these reviews is pathetic. Never ever ever ever going back again.

Date of stay: March 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank Jamaal P
CMPD700, Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Pensacola Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 31 March 2016

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your review from your stay with us. It is our hotel policy when paying cash to also pay a refundable deposit of $250. I apologize for any inconvenience that this may have caused. We hope that you will give us another chance next time you are in the Pensacola area.

Susie Feraci
Assistant General Manager

Reviewed 15 March 2016

I am the president of a small company that was in town host a small recruiting event at this hotel. The hotel is nice and I got great service from the front staff and the Assistant GM, Susie, was always very professional and pleasant. I had an incident with the General Manager that warrants the rating that I have here. Outside of my incident with her, I was pleased with the hotel and the service provided. This rating is very unfair to all others involved. The incident with the GM was the result of a miscommunication between the Director of Sales and me. When I booked the conference room, the director of sales mentioned that the conference room would be mine to use for the entire day. My event started at 4 p.m., but since she said that I would have the room for the entire day, I told her that I would use the room as a working room for our group until the event started. On the day of our event, I went to the conference room at noon, and it was occupied, and my guests were just arriving. There was a group of maybe 20 to 30 young ladies assembled in front of the front desk and they were singing (the group was the Spelmen College Choir). They were also the group that was using the conference room. With this being a change from the arrangement that I was told, I went to the front desk to inquire about the room. Since the group was still singing, I walked behind the young ladies and went to the corner of the front desk. The GM approached me. I leaned forward and spoke in a low voice to the GM about the arrangement that I thought we had. She told me that the director of sales misspoke and that the room would not be available until 1:30 if I wanted to use it. I told her that I already invited others to join me based on that arrangement. Then she told me (in a not so friendly voice) that she would continue this conversation with me after the young ladies finished singing. Once the choir finished singing, the GM walked over to me and in a very rude tone said “How can I help you?” I repeated the terms of the arrangement that I thought I had. She says to me in a very rude tone, “So, that was so important that you could not wait for them to finish singing before you asked us that question?” I mentioned to her that I approached the desk in a manner that did not disrupt their impromptu front desk performance (in other words, no one else could hear our conversation because of how low we were speaking). At this point, she raised her voice at me. She told me that I was rude for asking her a question while the group was singing and that my behavior was appalling. Which was an interesting comment because she was the only person yelling. The shame of it all is that she had a simple solution for the problem. She offered me the boardroom which was big enough for my working meeting. Instead of causing a scene, from my original inquiry, she could have said “I am sorry for the miscommunication, will our boardroom suffice for your working meeting?” The problem would have been solved. But, instead she offended a paying customer. She raised her voice at me and she called me rude. And she did all of this in front of my guest who I invited to my working meeting. In this situation, the Marriott team is an extension of my team when I am making a presentation to my customers. Marriott’s unprofessionalism becomes my unprofessionalism which could cost me business. As a business owner, I have a high expectation for professionalism. I know that Marriott has the same expectation and would not be pleased with this behavior especially from the GM of the property. Because of her, this property has lost my business and I will be telling this story to anyone else who needs to stay in Pensacola. I have clients in Pensacola so I will be back. But, I will not stay at this hotel again.

Date of stay: March 2016
Trip type: Travelled on business
4  Thank Chuck M
CMPD700, Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Pensacola Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 18 March 2016

Dear Valued Guest,

We appreciate the business you brought to our hotel. We apologize for the above mentioned incident that occurred during your meeting with us. We hope that you will give us another chance to next time you are in the Pensacola area.

Susie Feraci
Assistant General Manager

Reviewed 21 February 2016 via mobile

This hotel was very clean and employees were very friendly. This hotel is located near McGuire's Irish Pub and next door to Another Broken Egg. You can cross the street and walk along the bay. It is about a mile away from Downtown. This hotel is very close to the bridge that leads to the beaches.

Date of stay: February 2016
CMPD700, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Pensacola Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 27 April 2016

Dear MSUfan02,
Thank you for the Trip Advisor review. We always like to hear good things and appreciate your taking the time to fill out a review. We hope you'll be our guest again if you should come back to Pensacola.
The Courtyard Pensacola Downtown Team

Reviewed 2 February 2016

We were in town for a concert at the Arena. Got to town REALLY early (9AM), and we're allowed to go ahead and check in. Earliest I've ever been allowed to check-in! Hotel staff was great and the property was extra clean and modern. Lots of good dining choices within walking distance. Don't miss McGuire's Irish Pub, its just across the street. Arena was a short 5 minute walk. Next time I'm in town for a concert in the downtown area this will be where I'm staying.

Date of stay: January 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear ben31602,
We are so glad to hear you enjoyed your visit to Pensacola and that we were a part of it! Please stay with us again if your adventures bring you back to Pensacola!
The Courtyard Pensacola Downtown Team

Reviewed 1 January 2016 via mobile

The hotel is very clean, decor is nice as they have gotten away from the traditional colors and furniture arrangement. The staff is great. There's a small cafe restaurant you can eat at in the evening. While I didn't eat there the food looked good and the people seemed happy as I walked by. The room was very clean. The black out curtains make the day seem night if you need it dark. However, the smoke alarm blinks right by the bed and the alarm clock is very bright.

Date of stay: January 2016
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
CMPD700, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Pensacola Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 2 January 2016

Thank you for taking the time to send your review on Trip Advisor. We appreciate your compliments and appreciate it when we receive constructive criticism as well. We're happy that you enjoyed your stay with us and hope you will choose the Courtyard Pensacola Downtown next time you're in Pensacola. Thanks, again and Happy New Year!