All reviews another broken egg mcguire's irish pub walking distance lots of storage space starbucks coffee gulf breeze fire pit mini fridge rooms are nice cleaning staff would highly recommend this hotel top floor lobby area close to downtown easy access hot tub business trip
Reviewed 11 July 2017

Great location with a couple of bars and restaurants within a short walking distance, it's also very close to the bridge across to Pensacola Beach, the staff were friendly and the room was nice and clean. I liked the bistro style lobby area as it's not something I am used to in the UK. In all nice hotel, great location and friendly staff..can't complain.

• Trip type: Travelled with friends
CMPD700, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Pensacola Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 13 July 2017

Dear KevMc80,
Thank you so much for taking time out of your day to review the Courtyard by Marriott Pensacola Downtown. It sounds like you were a long way from home during your visit with us! I'm glad you enjoyed Pensacola and our hotel. We think our location is pretty great to!
I hope that if you ever travel back to Pensacola, you will make us your home away from home!

Reviewed 10 July 2017 via mobile

Recommend using this hotel - just 7miles and two bridges from Pensacola Beach. Pool and hot tub in great shape. No free breakfast but they have a bar with happy hour - half price drinks 5-7pm. Nice convenience store across street, Brazilian steakhouse and McGuires pub both on the next block. We hit the pub- highly recommend. Tip- ask for room on floor 4 or 5 on the bay side of the hotel- good views

Trip type: Travelled with family
CMPD700, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Pensacola Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 11 July 2017

Dear JCalcar,
Thank you so much for taking the time to review the Courtyard by Marriott Pensacola Downtown. We're so glad you enjoyed your stay with us. We think our location is terrific too and McGuire's never disappoints! We also have a brand new "Nothing Bundt Cake" and a new "Jimmy John's" coming just down the street next to the new Starbucks. I hope that you will choose to stay with us the next time you visit Pensacola and we'll be glad to give you some other great, local restaurant suggestions to try!

Reviewed 9 July 2017 via mobile

My husband and I had a night alone here following a few days with teens on Orange Beach. We were so pleasantly surprised by our bay view and how lovely the courtyard was. They have a bistro that serves Starbucks coffee in the lobby- which I particularly loved. They were out of the one menu item my husband wanted, but that's a minor detail. We took our coffee out to the courtyard and had some much needed quiet time. The room was nicely appointed with a cool semi-circle sofa. The stopper on the tub was broken but they replaced it immediately. The young woman who checked us in was very friendly and it was quick and easy, which we really appreciated because my husband had just walked 3 miles to get our car after The Blue Angels Airshow and he had a open quarter-size blister on his foot. He was trying to hurry because I got really sick at the show from either the heat or an allergic reaction to something I ate. All that to say, we needed a comfortable, easy hotel experience. Thankfully, we got it and truly enjoyed the rest of our trip in Pensacola.

Date of stay: July 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
CMPD700, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Pensacola Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 10 July 2017

Dear clearasabell,
Thank you so much for taking the time to review The Courtyard by Marriott Pensacola Downtown. We're glad we provided a restful, romantic ending to your hectic trip to Pensacola! The Blue Angel Air Show is magnificent but it is very crowded and, being on the beach in July, HOT!!! I am glad you made it to our side of the bridge for some R&R!
I hope when you return to our area, you will choose to stay with us again!

Reviewed 7 July 2017

We stayed two nights over the Fourth of July, so room prices in the area were at a premium. I felt the hotel was overpriced for its amenities, but it was in line with what other hotels in the area were charging. No idea if the off-peak rate is more reasonable. We were in town for a wedding and didn't have a choice on dates. The location is steps from the bay and the walkway along it and you can see the water from some of the rooms. The bay road was closed for the July 4th celebration and we able to walk to the nearby Veterans Park, a bit farther to the historic part of downtown, and watch the fireworks from the bay road. Avoiding the traffic aftermath was GREAT. There are several restaurants within a couple of blocks, including a new Starbucks, an Outback, an Italian restaurant, Irish Pub, Indian restaurant, and a breakfast place (Another Broken Egg?) and a gas station with a quick mart across the street. If you are not from Florida, please be aware that you are nowhere near the beach. You have to drive a good distance to get there.

The hotel (and room) looked as if it has been recently renovated. Front desk was friendly and extremely helpful during our stay, lobby is huge and nicely decorated. Pool is small, but pretty and shielded from the parking lot. Breakfast is not included, but there is a cafe in the lobby open for breakfast and happy hour/evening at hotel prices. I believe lunch is offered on certain days. There are three computers and a printer in the lobby, including one Apple, and another station for printing boarding passes. According to the staff, the second printer is the only one that ever works and it has to frequently be restarted to even make that happen. Someone in management needs to get that sorted and instruct the staff on how to deal with it. The staff was extremely helpful in working around that problem and helping me out in an emergency.

Our room was much larger than expected, same with the bathroom, and included a microwave and fridge. No idea if that is standard, so if you want one, you should ask. Except for a couple of peeling spots in the bathroom ceiling, everything was well-maintained. Iron and blow dryer were supplied. Housekeeping was great, everything being stocked. Wifi was provided as a Marriott Rewards perk and worked well. I would definitely stay here again, but I would price shop the downtown area first, including the Residence Inn directly across the street.

Room tip: Ask for a water view on an upper floor.
  • Trip type: Travelled with family

Dear littleyacht,
Thank you for the detailed review of the Courtyard by Marriott Pensacola Downtown and some of the surrounding attractions and restaurants. I am glad that you included all the great details about our hotel as this will be helpful when others are choosing where to stay in the Downtown Pensacola area. July 4 is always a fun weekend for us, too! The fireworks are shot from a barge in Escambia Bay which, as you noted, is right across the street. Our rates in the summer time are higher on the weekends but stay pretty much the same year round otherwise.
I hope that you will choose to stay with us again if your travels bring you back to Pensacola!

Reviewed 28 June 2017 via mobile

Nice tourist quality hotel. Close to beaches and downtown Pensacola. Rooms are clean & modern. Restaurants are nearby. The staff are super friendly and the hotel cafe is a great place for coffee, pastries, etc.

Date of stay: June 2017
Trip type: Travelled on business
CMPD700, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Pensacola Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 29 June 2017

Dear scotty3262,
Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your recent visit with the Courtyard Pensacola Downtown. I appreciate the nice comments and am glad that you enjoyed your stay. You gave us 3 on a scale of 5 so I would also like to know where we can improve. If you have the time, please give me a call or shoot me an email so I can find out what we could be doing better. The phone number is 850-439-3338 and my email is jmason@highpointe.com
Thanks again and I hope to hear from you!