“ok”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 28 May 2014

The food was ok, the service was ok, and the prices were ok. nothing to brag about, but also nothing to complain about. Maybe I just wasn't in the Italian mood that night.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

We manage to get back to Pensacola every year or so and when we do...we usually spend one evening back at Franco's. However, it has been a couple of years since we made it back to the restaurant. This time we did manage it. The one main disappointment was that they no longer serve my favorite dish....the Cannelloni. Needless to say, I was heartbroken, as this was the one dish I had each and every time I went. I even looked forward to it a year in advance. Sooo....had to find another dish. I settled on the Lasagna, which was very good and would have again. It was more of a meat sauce Lasagna than the usual cheesy Lasagna. Thankfully....they still have the great salad dressing. If they ever stop that....I will go elsewhere. Even though I was very disappointed about the Cannelloni...dinner was still great and I would return. This is a great family restaurant with a varied menu. Definitely worth a visit.

Reviewed 21 May 2014

I probably eat at Franco's on an average of once or twice a month throughout the year and to be honest I'm very surprised to read some of the negative comments. I must say I have never experienced any problems of the kind I have read about in some of the reviews.

The service has always been excellent, always! They are often very busy so it may take a few extra minutes once in a awhile but they always recognize my presence and indicate they will be right there if they are super busy. The servers have always been pleasant and attentive throughout the meal.

The food, from my experience, has always been excellent and that includes their desserts. I'm not a seafood fan so I can't specifically comment on their seafood dishes but all of the other dishes that have tried have been very good which includes quantity and quality. My favorites are Spaghetti & Meatballs, Spaghetti & Sausage, Chicken Parmesan and Baked Ziti & Meatballs.

To anyone who would suggest they do not have any cooks who are Italian you are seriously mistaken. I HIGHLY RECOMMEND Franco's Italian Restaurant.

1  Thank GoHorsesGo
Reviewed 24 April 2014 via mobile

My favorite Italian place in Pensacola now. I love the variety of dishes. There was so many to choose from. I had the spaghetti gamberetti (sp?) and I thorough enjoyed it.

Reviewed 24 April 2014

1970's Italian was better... Growing up in a midsize city in the South in the 70's and 80's, all we had were Italian restaurants like this for the longest time. (Olive Garden was a giant step forward!) but sad to say, those 1970's restaurants were better than this holdover. The menu is extensive, lots of classic NAMED dishes, but something fishy wafted our way (the Grouper Piccata perhaps?) so we tried "safe" dishes and got dry, overcooked lasagna in the old stainless steel plate, and mushy spaghetti and again dry marinara. Brown limp lettuce and pale tomatoes for the salad with a cheap olive oil, dried herbs, and garlic "dressing." Oh, and of course non Italian bread. Another cute touch was ordering the nicest bottle of wine on the menu , getting a dixie cup sized "wine glass", asking for one of the regular sized stemmed glasses proudly displayed over the bar (though they're hardly Riedel sized ) and being told they belong to the regulars only! God Bless'em!

1  Thank Jamesnstacy