“Pretty good all around”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Atlanta, Georgia, United States
“Pretty good all around”
Reviewed 31 May 2012

Typical Holiday Inn. Good for business or a couple of nights. Clean, friendly and accommodating staff. Nothing great, but nothing bad either.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Altamonte
Reviewed 30 May 2012

Stayed here for my friends graduation from UWF. The hotel was very quiet and clean. Getting in and out of the hotel from the main road was a little tricky. You have to make a U-turn and you can miss the entrance next to the McDonalds. The hotel was minutes from downtown, restaurants, and beaches. I only wish they offered free breakfast.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
Ogden, Utah
Reviewed 16 April 2012

After a terrible experience at another hotel in pensacola I was thrilled with the holiday inn. I'm very picky and I have to say I couldn't't find one thing wrong with this hotel

• Stayed April 2012
1 Thank katcat101156
Earth
Reviewed 15 April 2012

The room was clean, comfortable and with a good mattress.

At night the noise from the air conditioning in next rooms was very loud.

The ventilation system in bathroom makes lot of noise but is not efficient and the steam remains there.

One of the two computers at the business center was out of order. The worker at the front desk said that the hotel manager is the only person in the hotel that takes care of computers and he was supposed to arrive only several days later, therefore there is nothing he can do. That's not an answer, a guest cannot wait until somebody arrives after he leaves, a guest must use the computer while he stays at that hotel. Is the hotel manager the computers maintenance guy?

There is no free breakfast at that hotel. That detail wasn't told us upon checking in, although we asked about the breakfast hours. We discovered it only on the next morning when we wanted to take breakfast. They sell at front desk a 20$ coupon for 8$ per room, which you can use for having breakfast. The problem is that there is only one server during breakfast that not only serves the food, but also has to prepare everything except the eggs. The worker in the kitchen is the one that prepares the eggs and that's all. So to get the fruit salad took long time, and the toasts took long time, and the coffee took long time.Because of that irresponsible way of work, we spent ONE HOUR trying to have breakfast. That hotel manager saves workers salary money on his guests' time.
We didn't like that hotel.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank AllKnowMother
HolidayInn-Pensacola, General Manager at Holiday Inn Pensacola - University Area, responded to this review, 16 April 2012
The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas, and take the necessary actions to ensure similar situations can be avoided in the future. We appreciate the candid feedback we receive and welcome any opportunity to improve.

I would like to apologize to you about the response that you got from my front desk agent on one of the computer that was out of order. The computers was not functioning due to the fact that, one of the guests previous night inserted 4 cds together in to the CD Bay and had also cut some cables behind computer caused major damaged to the computer and it would not turn on. Front desk was told not to touch that computer until I am back in town which was on Monday because I wanted to follow proper procedure in order to get it replaced with new one.

We are full service Holiday Inn and we don’t serve complimentary breakfast.

Regarding restaurant service issue I would like to get more info on your stay. Please email me your confirmation number at info@holidayinnpns.com.

Once again I appreciate your time sharing your thoughts with trip advisor.
pensacola
Reviewed 10 April 2012

Stayed here over the weekend and enjoyed it very much. The rooms are very spacious and clean. The front desk lady, Jessica, was very friendly. I recieved a coupon for a free drink at the bar when I checked in since I am a Priority Club member. Unfortunatley, I was unable to use it but appreciated the offer. The pool is a little smaller than average but I was only interested in the hot tub which was wonderful. Breakfast was not included but there is a wafflehouse nextdoor. I will definatley stay here again if needed.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled solo
AR
Reviewed 10 April 2012

This is newer hotel in Pensacola. The lobby is very nice. The check in process was easy. Our room had two double beds and a bathroom. The room itself was a little small. Our room faced the back of the hotel but the view was not good. The beds were very comfortable and I found it to be clean enough. It wasn't spotless. There was a stain on one of headboards but I am extremely picky when it comes to cleanliness. We ate in the restaurant one morning and the food was good and reasonably priced. Overall, a nice hotel for the area. The complaint is location. Although it is off the interstate, you can't get to it without driving down the road, and turning around and driving back. That is a pain. We are going back to Pensacola soon and I will be trying other hotels in the area.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
Tarpon Springs, FL
Reviewed 5 April 2012

I stayed here overnight while traveling on business. This is a very nice hotel. They gave me a bag with snacks and water when I checked in. They also had a Hors d'oeuvre table set up in the lobby. The room was nicely furnished and spacious. It was well maintained and very clean. The bed was comfortable. The bathroom had a full size shower but no bathtub. I had dinner and breakfast in the hotel restaurant and both meals were above average. Each booth in the restaurant has its own tv which was nice. The staff was courteous and helpful. The hotel is located in an area that is run down but the area seemed safe. The hotel is within a stones throw of I-10. I would definitely stay here if I am in this area again.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business