“Depressing stay”

Pensacola Grand Hotel
Ranked #12 of 65 Hotels in Pensacola
Reviewed 29 June 2012

We stayed here on reward points. We were booked into a queen room on arrival, when we asked if they had a king available they said there was one but they were unable to give it to us on a reward night. This is the first time we have ever had this happen. As a Platinum member we normally get some extra benefits. The whole hotel was like walking around a morgue, dark and depressing. We had breakfast there, that was also depressing, food below average, coffee sucked. The hotel is ideal for the civic centre, very remote for anything else.
We checked out and booked into the Holiday Inn Gulf Resort. Got a great room with a balcony and a king bed....on reward points!

• Stayed: June 2012
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Pensacola Grand Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 August 2012

Dear Cupcake1412,

Thank you for taking time out of your busy day to leave us a candid review. We appreciate your nice comment regarding our location.

However, I would like to offer a sincere apology that your request was not granted as well as the poor breakfast. I assure you the feedback of our hotel will be reviewed and most certainly forwarded to the appropriate departments. While we understand that your stay was not 100% satisfactory, we would hope that you would give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be.

Orlando A.

Reviewed 29 June 2012

I'd give the hotel an average review but it was probably just slightly below. The hotel is very old and you can feel it as soon as you get there. Parking had us worried about our bags the entire night as you had to park behind the hotel in a far away lot. Overall, needs to be updated pretty badly, especially the pool area. We will probably stay somewhere else next time through.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
Derek H, sales at Pensacola Grand Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2017

We thank you for your three star view and choosing to join us in the heart of the historic location.

Reviewed 25 June 2012

Fancy hotel at decent prices. This place looked and felt like no other hotel in the area. It has an aura of history within it and gives you a sense of worth for your visit. The restaurant also served good food for a relatively low price.
-Free Parking
-Free Wifi
- Historic Design

Room Tip: Breakfast not included.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
Derek H, sales at Pensacola Grand Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2017

Thank you for the 4 star review! This once LNM depot was built in 1912 and is on the national historic registry! we hope to see you again!

Reviewed 24 June 2012

I stayed here for a convention. My room had a beautifu view of the Pensacola bay and the surrounding area. Clean and comfortable bedding always tops my list of must haves. The Crowne has both.
The hotel is attached to a century old former train station. The charm of the beautiful architecture is married to a modern hotel building. There are still trains that pass by so at first it's strange, however you get used to the sounds .

• Stayed: June 2012

Thank you for the five star review! we appreciate you choosing us to begin and end your stay here in the heart of the historical district. we hope to see you again!

Reviewed 20 June 2012

They stay there was great. Room was nice and clean, Only problem that I had was the air went out but they came quickly to fix that. My issue was that I was charged twice for my stay at the hotel and that charge froze all my money up till I got back home. If I had been there alone then I would have been in a bind. I could not buy anything to bring back to remind me of my vacation time there. I now have to go online to get the things that I wanted from some of the places that we went to. I have to pay shipping charges just to get them when I could have gotten them then. No one from this hotel has tried to even say sorry for problems or nothing. I will not pay with a credit or debit card when I stay here again, if I even stay again.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Pensacola Grand Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 July 2012

Dear MarciaT1969,

Thank you very much for your recent stay with us. We are deeply sorry we fell below your expectations. Our hotel is very proud of its level of service and quality of its product and for this reason your comments are very troubling and will certainly be looked into. We’d like to obtain some additional details regarding your experience, so we have sent you a private message.

We look forward to hearing back from you soon.

Janice A.

Reviewed 9 June 2012

Not what I expected from a Crowne Plaza hotel. To start, the entrance is not well marked, with the front desk "hidden" from the parking lot. Interior seems dated, with carpets and furniture in need of updating. We did hear trains go by, and that was from the 15th (top) floor. Walls are paper thin and we could hear normal conversations from nearby rooms. Service was adequate but usually friendly; no one goes out of their way for you. At least the coffee in the atrium was free.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business

Reviewed 5 June 2012

The hotel has a lovely decor. You can see the history and how they have keep the look like back in the early 1900's when they had the train depot. Trains still go by and blow their whistle which can be loud no matter where you are at in the hotel. Also since the hotel is old it seems like the walls are thin and you can hear conversations in neighboring rooms. Their are no coin laundries so I had the hotel to laundry some of my clothes and didn't realize they charged me $19.00 for washing, drying and folding wrinkled clothes. It wasn't worth it. The toilet had a gurgling sound and after I complained to the front desk, they tried to fix it but the sounds came back. However on the bright side of the hotel, the restaurant and bar provided great food at reasonable prices. The bed was very comfortable and the room was stylish.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank Dennis L
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Pensacola Grand Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 July 2012

Dear Dennis L,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. I am pleased you found the restaurant and bar to be great and reasonable as well as the room to be very comfortable and stylish. We work very hard to ensure our facilities and services are superior and strive to be the best in the area. I am sorry for any inconvenience you experienced due to the outside noise. I understand that having a good night sleep is important and it sounds like we fell below your expectations. We take all reviews positive and negative very seriously, and your feedback will help us improve for our next guest or your next visit.

Ferdinand G
IHGCare

Also consider these accommodations in or near Pensacola
Hampton Inn & Suites Pensacola/Gulf Breeze
Margaritaville Beach Hotel
Margaritaville Beach Hotel
#2 of 10 in Pensacola Beach
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites - Pensacola West-Navy Base

Been to Pensacola Grand Hotel? Share your experiences!