“This is Where I Prefer to stay in P-cola”

Pensacola Grand Hotel
Ranked #11 of 65 Hotels in Pensacola
Reviewed 15 February 2013

I like the ambieance. While antic in nature. The rooms are not. They have been updated. The beds are very comfortable. The furnitire is heavty wooden. The bathrooms are where the updating is most prevalent. The new tile showers were expertly cleaned. I met a family member int the lobby and the furniture and lack of noise was condusive for a delightful visit. I never have time to visit the library but always wish I did. Great restaurants are close by.

Room Tip: Don't fear being near the elevator. They are very quiet. Back side would be darker from all away...
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business
Derek H, sales at Pensacola Grand Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2017

There are newer reviews for Pensacola Grand Hotel

Reviewed 6 January 2013

No question the place to stay in Pensacola. Everything about this hotel is first class. Adding on to an old train depot adds charm and a feeling of times gone by to the hotel experience. My room had a beautiful view of the bay. This hotel is downtown and close to many restaurants, bars and walking distance to the civic center. I’ll be back!

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled solo
Derek H, sales at Pensacola Grand Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2017

Thank you for the five star review! we are so happy to have had you in our presence and we hope to meet your needs and see you again.

Reviewed 26 December 2012

Stayed in a corner room with plenty of space.
Its true, the trains are noisy but we only heard one about 5am.
The hotel is in a bit of a desolate place but is only about 8 minutes walk from town.and there were plenty of taxis about.
Our room had the usual tea/coffee facilities,hairdryer and iron and board.
The hotel has a nice frontage because it was the old train staion.
We had late night drinks and some food from the bar which was very nice.
If you can, request a front room asthe train track runs the length of the back of the hotel.

Room Tip: Request a room at the front.
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 14 December 2012

My family and I stayed here for a concert at the civic center across the street. The staff was very friendly and the hotel was beautifully and historically decorated. My only complaint would be about the restaurant. The food was awful and it took 45 minutes after we ordered. We ordered room service later that night and that was wonderful. I suggest going somewhere else to eat, but otherwise I would stay again.

Room Tip: We stayed on the 11th floor, and the view was absolutely stunning.
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family

Reviewed 11 November 2012

We stayed here for one night and found it an odd hotel with out a true personality. It is a very large hotel in Pensacola and when we were there it appeared to be deserted. We checked in to 2 rooms- the front desk staff was lovely and very helpful- the lobby was deserted for such a large hotel.

Our rooms were clean and very average.nice size -

The main complaint I have about the hotel is the service in the dining rooms and bar. As I have said, the hotel appeared empty and we still waited for an inordinate amount of time for food and drinks. We had lunch in the bar when we arrived and we had to ask twice to figure out where our food was- there were maybe 3 people sitting at the bar and my family of 6 waiting food. That evening, after an event- about 8 of us went into the bar to get some light food and drinks and were told that we would get better service in the restaurant across the hall- even though, again the bar was not busy.
The restaurant was traditional hotel-like- no atmosphere- but we went there as we were hungry. 2 other tables were there and we waited for 20 minutes for drinks and then another 20 minutes after that for light food. Ridiculous.
Breakfast the next morning was just as bad - the dining room was crowded and there was only 2 servers. At one point, we could not find our server so we asked the only other server where he was and she said he "disappeared".

I would not stay here again- but if you have to- I would make other arrangements for food and drink.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Kelly L

We thank you for your three star view and choosing to join us in the heart of the historic location.

Reviewed 3 November 2012

I stayed in room 1217 and every night (around 4am) the train rumbles in and makes so much noise (train horns and noise) that you can't sleep. The worst part about it is that the front desk doesn't tell you about it at all and when I approached them, they offered me earbuds. Obviously they are keenly aware of this issue, but choose not to mention it and instead point to a "placard" on the wall that mentions of a train station "in use". They continue to tell me that they have different "levels" of rooms (3 in total I think they mentioned) and it relates to decibel level of the train. I will never come back and I advise you to consider this. I'm not the lightest sleeper, but I am being honest when I tell you that you will not sleep well if you have a room on this side of the hotel. Better to find a different hotel that doesn't have this issue even if it costs a few dollars more .. it's money well spent. At least you will be able to sleep.

Room Tip: Stay away from rooms close to the train tracks.
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business
3  Thank Igal P

We apologize for the negative experience with us. It is noted on our website along with other sources that this facility was once a train depot station here in the heart of the historical district. Contact us if need be so that we may bring a resolution to this unpleasant stay.

Reviewed 27 October 2012

I stayed here two nights (second time staying at this hotel) for business and I love the history and beauty of this hotel, location, and the service was great too. The rooms are nice and cozy and the views are spectacular. HOWEVER...the damn train whistle is just too loud and frequent for me and not condusive to a good night's sleep. I really do love this hotel and I love the Crowne Plaza brand and I gave this hotel two trys but unfortunately I will not be returning to this hotel simply because of the train noise. If it wasn't for that...OMG...It would be FABULOUS.

Room Tip: Well, the best rooms obviously are in the middle away from the train tracks but...BUT...you still do...
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Gwopilot

Thank you for the 4 star review! we hope to see you again!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Pensacola
Hampton Inn & Suites Pensacola/Gulf Breeze
Courtyard by Marriott Pensacola Downtown
Hampton Inn Pensacola Beach
Hampton Inn Pensacola Beach
#7 of 10 in Pensacola Beach

Been to Pensacola Grand Hotel? Share your experiences!