“We always have a great time when we stay here.”

Days Inn Pensacola - Historic Downtown
Ranked #36 of 65 Hotels in Pensacola
Alabaster, Alabama
“We always have a great time when we stay here.”
Reviewed 20 June 2011

Everyone who works at this hotel are always very nice.We have been coming here for years and will keep coming back.The staff are always willing to go the extra mile to make your stay great.Thanks to everyone at this hotel,and we will be back.

Room Tip: Rooms 112 or 114 are great.Right by the pool,you .
  • Stayed June 2011, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (80)
Paris, France
Reviewed 4 May 2011

We loved this hotel. Good restaurant and tavern on site. The staff were friendly and the rooms were a little small but very clean. The location was amazing, we were able to walk out of the hotel to downtown. And it's not a noisy place, so we were able to have a nice sleep (matresses were comfortable as well). I would recommend this hotel to everybody.

Room Tip: try to get a coupon,but check availability first:)
  • Stayed April 2011, travelled with friends
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
Reviewed 4 May 2011

Pensacola beach is my fav and only vacay spot. Every time we've been to Pensacola, 5 or 6 times over the past 7 or 8 summers we've stayed at the downtown Days Inn. It's only about 15-20 minutes from the beach and costs, like, a third of what you'll pay to stay at most places on Santa Rosa Island. It's not super fancy, but it's perfect if you need a cheap place to crash while spending most of each day on the beach.
The pool is nice, when it's clean. One year it wasn't very clean. The bar is fun, too.
And it's only about 5 minutes from McGuire's Irish Pub, which is a wonderful place to eat and drink.
This year we actually found a decently priced hotel on the beach and will be staying there, and I am excited, but a little sad not to be going back to this Days Inn.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple
3 Thank kaybie
Kenner, Louisiana
Reviewed 25 April 2011

Just few minutes from the Pensacola beaches! Great for night life, to go out, party and dance! Very freindly staff, rooms clean and nice))
They have a very lovely restaurant in the lobby of a hotel)) Cuisine awesome)) Definely worth to try! And as for the prices - best deal in the whole Pensacola!

• Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Julie188_11
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
Reviewed 25 April 2011

I have really no complaints about this hotel. We had 7 rooms here and all of them were up to par! I'm glad I didn't spend tons more at a nearby inn. We had great service, the restaurant attached had great food for lunch and the lounge was pretty good, besides ending up watching a few guys rapping at an open mic later one night. It wasnt my thing so I went back to my room. I didn't do the pool but my family did and liked it. Overall I had a pretty good experience. I wasn't going to choose it b/c of some of the ratings, but my now husband made a good choice picking it out. I'll upload pics.

• Stayed April 2011
3 Thank BandJSanders
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 29 March 2011

Back in 2008 our stay was ok but this time it was awful. We have dogs, which I am happy that they allow pets. But if they are going to be pet friendly, they need a place to have a dog walk on their property. You have to walk across the street to a church parking lot and a historical park. We were not comfortable in having to let our dogs go on these grounds, just out of respect, but we had no other place to go. The hotel parking lot is all pavement. We felt very unsafe(more at night) having to walk that long distance with our dogs. This is a ghetto neighborhood and it shows at night time. In our room, the doors weather stripping was missing so we placed a towel down there to prevent any bugs from getting in. Bathroom door would not close or lock. Mildew on mirror. Bathroom itself was not cleaned thoroughly. After this visit we will be searching for a more pet friendly hotel that has grounds where you can walk them. And also less drug deals and prostitution activity. It's scary what you'll see at night when you have to go walking a little distance. And fearing that we will be robbed or being reported to police that we're letting our gogs relieve themeslves on private property is not worth another visit.

Stayed March 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank lovetotravel2011_11
Ajit65, General Manager at Days Inn Pensacola - Historic Downtown, responded to this review, 14 April 2011
Dear Guest, upon reading your post, I was a little surprised at your references to illegal activity at or near our hotel. Especially since Pensacola Police Department is one block from our hotel and several other respectable establishments operate without disruption from the activities you have "perceived to be occuring". I hope you do not take offense at my saying this, but just because some parts of our immediate area are madeup of people from diverse backgrounds does not automatically mean there is illegal activity. We have many families and groups stay at our hotel and find it to be in a satisfactory location. We have never had any guest upset that there was not a place to walk their pet. Infact, a large majority appreciate that we accept pets. Furthermore, most pet owners pick up behind themselves so they never fear being questioned by the police for allowing their dogs to soil someone elses property. With respect to your comments on the room, I have asked our hotel engineer to begin inspecting every room to ensure the weatherstripping is sound and all matters you raised are addressed.

Once again, thank you for pointing out the items that need attention in our guest rooms.

Kind regards

Management
Fort Walton Beach, Florida
Reviewed 28 March 2011

My husband and I stayed at this hotel while in town for a social engagement. I was a little concerned about booking there because this place has been around as long as I can remember. I'd read reviews stating that it was noisy with lots of parties on the weekend. We found this was not the case at all. Our room was clean, quiet, and comfortable. The ladies working the front desk were very pleasant and made us feel welcome. This hotel is nothing fancy but if you are traveling to Pensacola and would like to stay in the downtown area without spending a ton of money, it's a good place to stay.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled as a couple