“Days Inn downtown...perfectly satisfactory”

Days Inn Pensacola - Historic Downtown
Ranked #36 of 65 Hotels in Pensacola
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Days Inn downtown...perfectly satisfactory”
Reviewed 7 October 2013

This hotel is nothing fancy, but it certainly is satisfactory for someone, like I was, just looking for a place to sleep and as a "home base" to go out and do other things. There are coupons in the hotel travel books you can find at the rest areas and at the Pensacola visitor center...I stayed for under $60/night and you are close to everything. I drove to the historic downtown area, Pensacola Beach, Gulf Shores, etc, even the USS Alabama and Mobile, Al. all using the Days Inn as my base. It was clean, had a fridge and a microwave, and that's about all I need. The bed was clean and comfortable. I'd stay there again. They also had a washer and dryer that I used on one occasion.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
Ajit P, Owner at Days Inn Pensacola - Historic Downtown, responded to this review, 14 October 2013
Dear Bob M.

Thank you for the feedback. We are happy to hear that your stay was satisfactory and would love to see again, next time your plans bring you to Pensacola.

Kind regards

Ajit

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (80)
Gourock, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 October 2013

We stayed 2 nights and we were given a room on the ground floor of the lower building - the hotel covers a big area, with a set of rooms near reception, and a set down a ramp with a big car park; it felt like 2 separate properties. Our door took a bit of persuading to close properly and in fact on the 2nd night at about 11pm security gave our door a push - luckily we had the chain on - and reminded us to lock it properly. We were asleep at the time so it gave me a fright, but it was the right thing for him to do as otherwise who knows what might have happened. Carpet and bed was fine but the bathroom was a bit dingy and overall I wasn't keen on the place. Both mornings our next door neighbour left at about 6am and his truck radio blared out when he started the engine - Bruno Mars one morning, some other easy listening the next, but loudly - inconsiderate idiot! Hotel had a handy location for getting around town, and was reasonably priced, but I would not be going back.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Ajit P, Owner at Days Inn Pensacola - Historic Downtown, responded to this review, 4 October 2013
Dear Veejayw

I appreciate the feedback and must admit, I am sorry to hear you would not be coming back. I would like to assure you that I did mention you concerns with respect to the bathroom to our housekeeping supervisor. She has assured me that the housekeeper will get some additional training so that the room condition improves. We cannot always control the actions of other guests but we would have certainly asked them to respectfully keep the noise down had you informed us of this issue. We are also planning some extensive renovations of the hotel exterior and would really love for you to give us another try. I am certain, your next stay will be far more pleasing.

Kind regards

New York City, New York
Reviewed 26 September 2013

The hotel is in a convenient location, but the neighborhood is seedy. I stayed here for a quick two nights for scuba diving trips. Price was reasonable. My room was clean and comfortable. For another scuba diving trip and for the convenience, I would return, but I wouldn't go out of my way to stay here. Hotel is aged and needs some updating. The staff was efficient and friendly.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
Ajit P, Owner at Days Inn Pensacola - Historic Downtown, responded to this review, 3 October 2013
Dear TravelinSoul

Thank you for your review and the great scores for all aspects of your stay. I do want to assure you that the hotel is relatively safe area. We are next door to the largest baptist church in Pensacola, across the street from a private school and within a few feet of the oldest Synagogue in the state of Florida. We are close to the historic district and every morning, you will see many local individuals jogging past the hotel. Once again, thank you for taking time to post your feedback.

Regards