I found this hotel on Hotels.com, and was looking for an affordable and centrally located hotel in the area as I was coming in town for a wedding, and a mini vacation. It was fairly centrally located, and took us about 15-20 minutes to get just about anywhere in Pensacola. It's just a short walk down the street to the adorable downtown Pensacola shops and bars. The location of the hotel itself felt pretty safe as well. It was still under construction when we stayed, but it was minimal and very quiet. I will mention that the stairwell leading to our room, (we stayed in room 309, on the the third floor) smelled like garbage all three nights we were there, and the light at the top set of stair was out and could be considered a safety issue. Again, I reiterate, you get what you pay for. The room was decent, and housekeeping didn't make our bed while we were out, but we did leave it pretty messy so I don't mind.
The best part was customer service. We drove from Memphis, and decided we wanted to make the most of the trip wanted to make it in time to see the sun come up on the day we were supposed to check in. I didn't think about what time check in was until we were about 6 hours in to our 7 and a half hour trip. We left about 10:30 at night the night before, and hadn't slept all night. I called around 5 am, and told them I had goofed and forgotten to find out what time check in time was, and was inquiring about early check in's. They told me they could try to get us in at the earliest by 10:30 IF the prior people in our room were checked out and the room was clean by then, and they warned me they couldn't guarantee it, and I told them I understood. We made it in town by 6 am, and watched the sun come up on Pensacola Beach. We then decided to cruise around town and grab something to eat while we wasted time until we could check in. We were both exhausted by the time we swung by the hotel around 10:45 am. I walked in and asked the gentleman working the front desk if there was anyway we could check in early because we both needed to catch some sleep and had been driving all night. He looked on the computer and told me that he could get me in early, but not till around 1:00 pm, and I thanked him. I had just made it back outside not 5 minutes later, when he came outside and stopped me before we pulled away and said they were going to have a room open sooner, and invited me to come inside to fill out the paperwork so we could get in as soon as it was ready. We were checked in by 11:00 am, and were fast asleep. I was unbelievably grateful for his customer service. I work in customer service and I strive to provide this sort of kindness and caring I received upon arrival.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- For fun in the sun or a historic trip through the capital of Florida, head over to Days Inn Pensacola-Historic Downtown. Located in the heart of downtown, off I-110, our Pensacola hotel is the ideal home base for experiencing all the Gulf Coast has to offer. Wake up to a free Daybreak continental breakfast and scout out area attractions with free WiFi. Take a refreshing swim in our seasonal outdoor pool, relax by our picnic and barbeque area, or take advantage of guest laundry facilities at our pet-friendly hotel. Relax and enjoy a meal at our onsite restaurant, Big Easy Tavern and Cajun Cafe. Enjoy live performances at Pensacola Civic Center or experience history at Pensacola Village. See military aircraft and historical records of U.S. naval battles at the National Naval Aviation Museum. Visit Cordova Mall and the beautiful Gulf of Mexico shore, where you can fish, swim, and scuba dive. Sam's Fun City is just minutes away, with rides and amusements. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Days Inn Pensacola - Historic Downtown reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Days Inn - Pensacola Historic Downtown Hotel Pensacola
- Pensacola Days Inn
- Days Inn Pensacola - Historic Downtown Florida