“Don't let the updated exterior fool you...”

Days Inn Pensacola - Historic Downtown
Ranked #33 of 63 Hotels in Pensacola
Athens, Ohio
“Don't let the updated exterior fool you...”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014

This is a pretty gross motel. The carpet looked like it hadn't been washed in years. I was surprised that there was an HDTV in the room because the rest of the room looked like it was from 1970. We were greeted by a (luckily dead) roach in the bathroom when we first checked-in. The duvet covers had cigarette burns. The whole room smelled gross like must and cigarettes (in a non-smoking room). I had to wash everything I brought with me after my trip because it smelled like that room (even the clothes I didn't wear that stayed in my suitcase.

The "breakfast" was stale bread/doughnuts and sausage gravy that looked like it had been sitting out for days. I did manage to find a mushy apple though. And the woman attending the breakfast looked like she was in her pajamas and rolled right out of bed...I didn't even know she worked there until she yelled at a kid for using his hands instead of the tongs to grab a stale doughnut.They are putting a new exterior on the outside walls to update the look, but the individual rooms need serious attention.

I would not stay at this motel again even if it was free.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Ajit P, Owner at Days Inn Pensacola - Historic Downtown, responded to this review, 30 May 2014
Dear David J.

I am disappointed to learn your stay was not exceptional. I will be looking into your observations as they relate to the room you stayed in. All of the rooms on our property do have modern amenities such as micro fridges, flat panel tvs, ergonomic desk seating, wifi. The bathrooms have granite counters, porcelain tile floors. The rooms were all repainted this winter and have crown molding throughout. The bathtubs have been retiled. Our breakfast bar has cheese omelettes, hot waffles, biscuits and gravy, croissants, cinnamon buns, muffins and yogurt, Renovations come in stages and we wanted improve our curb appeal so we have done the exterior. Mr. J,. I truly assure you we did not begin this to "fool" guests. We value our guests and want to improve the facility so they have a great experience when they visit us. I do thank you for your feedback and I will look into the items you noted.

Regards

Ajit

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (76)
Lisbon, Portugal
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 May 2014

Although the building is old and not in the best condition, the room that we stayed in was Ok. It seemed that it had been refurbished recently.
The pool and staircase were dirty. Dated pool furniture.
There is a bar below the reception which had live music was very loud.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Ajit P, Owner at Days Inn Pensacola - Historic Downtown, responded to this review, 29 May 2014
Dear Joao R.

I appreciate the feedback from your recent stay. As our renovations start to wrap up, we will focus on making sure the items you observed are addressed. We are making every effort to complete the work as quickly as possible. I do thank you for staying with us and taking time to communicate your experience.

Kindest regards

Ajit
Travellers also viewed these Pensacola hotels
Pensacola Grand Hotel
Quality Inn & Suites
Quality Inn & Suites
#21 of 63 in Pensacola
Courtyard by Marriott Pensacola Downtown

Been to Days Inn Pensacola - Historic Downtown? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Days Inn Pensacola - Historic Downtown

Property: Days Inn Pensacola - Historic Downtown
Address: 710 N Palafox St, Pensacola, FL 32501-3924
Region: United States > Florida > Florida Panhandle > Pensacola
Bar / Lounge Business Centre with Internet Access Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Restaurant Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
Ranked #33 of 63 Hotels in Pensacola
Price Range (Based on Average Rates): £
Hotel Class:2 star — Days Inn Pensacola - Historic Downtown 2*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Odigeo, Travel Republic (UK), Booking.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Days Inn Pensacola - Historic Downtown reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Days Inn - Pensacola Historic Downtown Hotel Pensacola