“Not a Family place”

Add it.
Econo Lodge Pensacola
Ranked #57 of 65 Hotels in Pensacola
Reviewed 15 June 2009

This place was the worst place ever. Unfortunately we made reservations on line with Hotel.com and did not know how to cancel. We arrived late after driving all day with children and did not have a choice. The room had so much air freshener that it was over whelming but still smelled like dog. The towels were stained brown and had wholes in them. The sheets were stained torn.
The only good thing about the hotel was the front desk clerk was patient.

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled with family
1  Thank BlessedX5
There are newer reviews for Econo Lodge Pensacola

Reviewed 19 March 2009

this is a roach motel. room are very nasty and outdated, especially the building in the back. Nails in headboard and yes I have pics to prove it. No towels and tissue in rooms and yes you will have to drive or walk up front because I believe they are short staffed. I went up front to checkout as soon as we entered the room, but the guy said that he would have to send us a check although we had just paid with cash. He clamied there were no other room available, but I know we counted the hold back building vacant. we asked the manager the next morning for a refund but was given $5 discount. If you stay there you will be sorry. This hotel needs to be destroyed. Don't let the pictures fool you, these pictures must be from another hotel.

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled with family
1  Thank madashell1
Reviewed 28 August 2008

On our circle trip through the south we unfortunately made no reservation for the weekend of the 4 of july 2005. Looking for a hotel in the pensacola area we had the chance to take a look at this awful place (but did not stay there). Already the reception is a dirty mess. When we asked for a NS-room with a king size bed they offered us a filthy, stinking room with mostly damaged furniture that obviously was a smking room until the day before and they simply placed a "non smoking"-sign at the door. They would have charged $70 without breakfast for it.... We decided to leave and stayed for $ 150/night at a hilton garden inn.

• Stayed: July 2005, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 August 2008

We call ahead on a Sunday Morning due to arrive later that night. and got a room for $55+ taxes Total $59 which is the weekday rate which runs from Sun-Wed.The total weekend rate is $79 from Thur-Sat. The room was clean and had a hairdryer, iron, ironing board, but no coffee maker, nor did any room have one. There wasn't an Ice Machine on property, so you had to get the Ice from next door at the Days Inns. Both hotels are ran by the same company and the friendly helpful staff works both places. I belive the Days Inns rates are 59 and 79. The was a swimming pool at the Days Inn that can be used by both patrons, but the pool needed some attention because it was always a slimey green color the whole week we stayed next door. We would have liked to swim but the Ocean was probably safer. The wireless could only be accessed in the Lobby of both hotels. The rooms were clean and the patrons seemed safe and not seedy looking or dangerous. Mostly families or business people. The hotels were close to I-10 and I-110 and only 10 minutes from Downtown and about 15 from Gulf Breeze and 20 from Pensacola Beach. We would stay there again.

• Stayed: July 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed 15 September 2007

Okay, First off when booking the room my fiance' and I had originally booked it for six nights. We then had to change it due to our work schedule. If was the worst that had already started before the honeymoon. Upon arriving after check in we got to the room. Oh my god JUST NASTY!!!! Housekeeping had not vacume nor did they sweep the bathroom it had hair all over, despite the tub (soap scum) We didn't have any emergency thank god because we had no phone card to the phone for two days. We went to Walmart to purchase our own sheets and towels because they were dirty. I just wanted to get refunded for the nights but I was put through hell to get refunded. If you are a nasty person who just wants to get away then i suggest that you go to the Econolodge @ Pensacola. To be Frank'd its cheap dirty and the manager has no concerns what ever. We bought it to his attention and it was like nothing was mentioned to him. What a trip!

Very Disappointed & Displeased!!!!

Stayed: August 2007
Reviewed 12 March 2007

Stayed 3 nights at hotel. Property has had renovation and I was impressed with decor of room. Nothing fancy...basic ammenities. Best feature was staff. New owner greeted me with a handshake at check in. No pool...but no problem. Had enough water at the beach. Rates are appropriate with quality of property. Will book next time I'm in town. Appreciate the friendly atmosphere.

• Stayed: March 2007, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed 19 February 2007

I booked my room on their website (a King NS). When I checked in, they didn't have any King NS rooms available. The lady at the front desk (very nice) gave me a Queen NS with a $7 discount. Okay.... We got to the room and found it clean but the bed is really, really low to the ground - not typical I thought... anyway... Also we found that the housekeeper had forgot to put up a new shower curtain. We called the front desk to request one - not a problem; 45 minutes later they still had not delivered it. We called the front desk and told them that we would pick it when we left for dinner. So we did, which meant that we also had to put it up. Okay... not a real problem, but more trouble than I wanted. The walls are thin, we heard alot of the Mardi Gras activites next door. Not real bad, but ..... anyway. The next morning I got my shower first, (8:30 am on Sunday), very little warm water. I took a really quick shower. My husband had to take a really really quick shower. Also, no heater in the bathroom... we had the heat cranked up in the room just to keep from getting pneumonia. The room, tax & all was only $50, so we really got we what we paid for - no extras. We didn't see any kind of pests or anything that wasn't cleaned so it was worth $50 I guess. If we're on a tight budget again, I'd stay there again. (Also, my husband went to the "Continental Breakfast" -very disappointed. Three kinds of non-bran generic cereal, milk, oj, coffee, bananas, apples and a toaster - no bread, bagels, pastries or anything like that for the toaster?? - So don't count on the "Continental Breakfast" for money saved on a meal - you'll wind up at McDonald's down the street like we did!)

Stayed: February 2007