“Should be condemned!!!”
Review of Western Inn

Western Inn
Ranked #54 of 65 Hotels in Pensacola
Reviewed 30 July 2014

I booked this hotel on booking.com...my first experience of online booking. We got there and the place was empty and the guy at the front desk was VERY rude. Judging by the looks as we pulled up, we wanted to look at a room before staying. It was HORRIBLE!! It smelled bad, there was open electrical outlets, holes in the wall....the pool had a tarp over it. The carpet was disgusting!!! I have two small children and no way was I staying in this dump!! After talking to booking.com to try to cancel my reservation with no fee..the front desk guy said "not my problem, just go!" I ended up getting charged over $60 and didn't even stay. I will never go through booking.com again!! I'm a front desk agent myself and I would be fired on the spot for treating my guests the way we were treated. DO NOT STAY HERE!! It is a DUMP!!

3  Thank OneMadMomma14

Reviewed 17 July 2014

My son and daughter-in-law booked a room here late Saturday night, 06/12/2014. They were in town for a softball tournament and thought it would be over Saturday but found out late they would be playing Sunday and no rooms were to be found that late. They went to the room and found it to be too disgusting to stay in, they said it looks like a place frequented by hookers and druggies. They left to decide what to do and then returned to ask for their money back. They had charged $100 for this sorry room which was a jacked up price anyway, and the person there(foreign of course) refused to return the money. This was nothing less than stealing on the part of this business and I hope they are put out of business for operating like this. Apparently Florida doesnt have a dept that monitors businesses like this for cleanliness or for price gouging. Appalling!!!!!

Room Tip: Don't stay in dumps like this!!
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank 2014madmom2014
Reviewed 12 July 2014

Disgusting room, smelled of mildew, there is a hole in the bathroom door that was patched with a band aid and painted over, everything is dirty. The crowd that hangs around here is unsavory and shady, and that is putting it kindly. The front desk staff are incredibly rude and unprofessional, and some don't even speak English! One of them hung up on me tonight as I was trying to extend my stay while I go apartment hunting as I'm new to the area, and everywhere else is booked this weekend due to the air show (though I didn't say that...was just politely trying to convey that I was trying to extend my stay another two nights) and he hung up on me because he doesn't speak the language. I was furious. He was mumbling sleepily into the phone (oh I'm sorry, did I interrupt his nap?! He's supposed to be working!!) Disgusting attitudes, disgusting room and property in general. It's all filthy, disheveled, neglected, and unkempt, and screams crack head motel. The staff clearly don't care. One front desk member was in her pajamas at 8o clock in the evening...did she just roll out of bed and come to work?? I would never stay here if anywhere else had rooms available this weekend. The only convenient thing is the location, the rest of it doesn't even rate half a star!

1  Thank Mmpatterson94
Reviewed 5 July 2014 via mobile

Its So dam filthy Do not Book This Place !! ever Horrible Service They Dont Even Clean The Bed. Crackheads all around Hookers Strippers .Is A Drug Zone Cops Need To Be Here.People Are Rude.
they dont do nothing Pool Doesnt Work And It Shows Up Like A Good One . this Place Is A Crackheads Cave.They Take Your Money Quick But Not Good At All. you do Better Going To The Most Trashy Hotel They Need To Remove It From Here.

1  Thank bryankash1
Reviewed 5 May 2014

My family arrived at this place around 10:30 pm on April 25 2014 after 7 hours of driving. From the street looking at it looked run down. We got to the room and were even more DISGUSTED. At 11pm some guys were hanging out on the balcony watching us bring our bags in. The room smelled awful, carpet nasty and sheets stained. We called the office to bring clean sheets. Told my young kids not to touch ANYTHING!! We slept in our clothes, didn't dare use the bathroom and was too tired to drive anywhere else. Soon as day broke we were out of there. RUN AWAY FAST

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
5  Thank shenal l
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 6 February 2014 via mobile

As a woman traveling alone I booked through Priceline express.. The room was huge, but lacking any extra lock other than the swipe spot... One of the pillowcases was stained and the sheets weren't too clean looking either... Even though I booked the room not even 15 minutes before arriving and she was able to find my reservation in the computer, they still told Priceline that I was a no-show and tried to charge me double! I did get that straight quickly and their excuse was damage to their systems due to previous weeks ice storm, the only issue they had were they were out of toner for the printer and had me sign a blank credit card receipt

Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
4  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 19 August 2013 via mobile

We will never come back here! And so we advice for everyone! Dirty room are in need of repair, stains on the bad, 30-years old a/c. Unsafe place! Feels like someone was murdered here. So stay away from here!

• Stayed: August 2013