Residence Inn Pensacola Downtown
US$188
US$181
US$176
Homewood
Best Western Plus Blue Angel Inn(Pensacola)(Great Value!)
US$137
Hampton.com
US$177
US$159
MainStaySuites
Comfort Inn - Pensacola / N Davis Hwy(Pensacola)(Great Value!)
US$103
US$93
ComfortInn
US$155
US$139
US$166
US$161
HolidayInn.com
All reviewsone bedroom suitewaffles and ice creampet feesocial hoursuper comfy bedliving spacecome homesolid hotelhot breakfast in the morningwalking distance to restaurantslarge suitepet friendly hotelhome away from homebasketball courtstayed here for two nightslocation is greatsitting area
Reviewed 4 April 2012

Our room was clean and roomy, When entering the room..the computer table is on the right,the couch and living room area with a chair ,ottoman and small coffee table,and 35"TV is right behind it, To the left is the kitchen with a refrigerator-freezer w/ice maker,2 burner counter stovetop,w/fan overhead . There is a microwave,toaster,
coffee maker,and dishwasher. On counter.In a little basket there is coffee and popcorn to pop in the microwave and dishwasher detergent. In the cabinets are dishes,cups,glasses,bowls,utensils and pans.(everything you need and may not use!) There is a small dinette table..about 2'x4' with 2 chairs. A closet is also in the kitchen area with an ironing board and iron. Toward the back of the room was the bedroom with a super comfy bed with way to soft pillows for me,TV and bureau. The bathroom was off the bedroom and the vanity separate(with hair dryer). There was a laundry room a few doors down from us..only $1.00 for washer and $1.00 for dryer..very convienent. They also serve a free breakfast.
This is a great place to stay for all it has to offer..I found it to be clean and the staff was pleasant and friendly. Directly across the street is an Outback and Rodizio. Just up the street is a Carrabas and the famous McGuires is just around the corner. Don't miss Joe Patti's famous seafood market..take home some fresh fish and cook it up!
We will definatly be back to this hotel..wish I could have stayed longer.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 March 2012

Three of us stayed here for four nights in a 2 bdrm. suite. I requested the top floor when I booked the room so we wouldn't hear anyone above us, but nope, didn't get it. We were told the suites on the third floor were already full and nothing they could do. This made for some unwelcome racket where we could hear clomping at all hours. I found housekeeping an issue--we were gone for hours our first day and our room did not get cleaned until late in the afternoon after we requested it. The next day they called to see if we wanted service just because we were still in our room after 10 o'clock. Um, yes. The next day the phone rang around 10:30 and there was a hang up -- I wonder if it was them! I just got the feeling they didn't want to clean the rooms after 10 AM. The modern couch was not comfy, and the beds were sort of soft but that's just not my preference. (Oh, and why do hotels now have those square pillows? I like regular pillows, what's wrong with those?) The kitchen/dining area was very nice and we used everything in there that was provided (including popcorn!). The shower was super, though the soap, shampoo, and lotion were boring. I couldn't figure out the blow dryer, duh. Bath towels not so plush but plenty of them. We enjoyed the breakfast and thought they did a good job there though sometimes you had to wait to get something, or ask for it (yogurt, ice, waffle mix), but the staff were helpful and always brought out more. Limited tea choices. The people at the front desk were friendly, though often sitting away from the front so you kind of had to catch their attention. One woman gave us a really good recommendation. The pool was hot, not refreshing at all; they should turn off the heater when it's warm out. The downtown location of this hotel was great, and we did have a lovely view of the bay. Overall, a pleasant stay, however, for the price, this Marriott should rate 5 stars.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 January 2012

Let me preface my review by stating that I used to work at the 5-star Loews Regency Hotel in NYC, so I know firsthand about excellent hotel service. That being said.... What a fantastic little hotel the Residence Inn Downtown Pensacola turned out to be! Their website seemed almost too good to be true but it was spot-on!

Stayed in Room 207, a King Studio, and found it to be spacious, spotless, and superbly decorated. The layout of the furnishings made the king size bed appear to be in another room -- brilliant optical illusion created by placing the large flat-screen tv on a dresser between the foot of the bed and the living room area.

The room was large enough to have a chaise sofa (which was actually a sofabed), a comfy chair, coffee table, ottoman, end table, large work desk and appropriate executive-style chair, a dinette table and 2 parsons chairs, a full kitchen (microwave, fridge, countertop burners, coffee maker, toaster, etc) with all dishes, cookware, and utensils.

Bathroom was brightly lit and stylish. Shower / bathtub combination was roomy -- curved rod for shower curtain made the space feel even larger. Ample supply of towels which were perfectly clean and fluffy!

Great attention to detail -- flowers on the bedside table, jar filled with hard candy on the coffee table, kitchen set-up which included coffee (reg/decaf), tea, sugar and substitutes, creamer, salt/pepper, and a full size bag of microwave popcorn!

On the fridge, I found a calendar posted which listed the "light dinner" for each date in the month. Yes, a light dinner is included in the rate! The first night, we had meatball subs and french fries. The second night, we had pasta salad with Italian sausages. Both nights, there was also a green salad, a dessert item (such as chocolate chip cookies), soft drinks, and beer or wine. Yes again, ALL INCLUDED IN THE ROOM RATE !!!

Breakfast in the mornings (also included) offered many choices from a hot egg entree made with real eggs, muffins, bagels, waffles (you make 'em right there), toast, fresh fruit, yogurt, cold cereal, grits, oatmeal, fruit salad, juice and more.

Always fresh hot coffee and tea -- even hot chocolate -- in the lobby!

The entire hotel offers free WiFi, plus there was a desktop computer in the lobby (with a printer) for complimentary use. Great for printing a boarding pass and saving time when headed to the airport!

Heated outdoor pool was amazingly well-kept and clean. BBQ area on the patio. Ball court. Workout room was small but seemed to be doing the job for those who used it.

Staff was friendly, helpful, and willing to go the extra mile for any request.

HIGHLY RECOMMEND !!!!!!!
And I will definitely return to this property again and again.

Room Tip: A studio room is perfect for a short stay (one week or so).... with family or a long stay, you might want a 1 BR suite or larger, but either way, you'll have lots of space! I stayed in Room 207 and have no complaints! (King Studio)
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
7  Thank MistressMina
Reviewed 28 January 2012

We stayed for one night at this lovely hotel. It's perfectly located in the downtown area of Pensacola. We were in the city for the Gallery Night event. Rooms are of good size and everything was clean. I had read some reviews regarding noise traffic but it was minimal (our room was facing the downtown), I am normally very picky about noises and that did not bother me at all. All the staff were courteous and friendly. We missed breakfast but it seems to me it was the usual Marriott Residence Inn business: a few pastries, cereal and a hot dish.
We will definitely stay here again in the future. Tip: use your AAA card membership to take advantage for special rates.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
3  Thank JOFH_Review
Reviewed 26 November 2011

Just leaving this morning and wanted to post this while I had time in the car. I was a little hesitant to stay here because I really wanted to stay on the beach; but since I had family travelling with us and had free points we settled on this property. We have stayed at a TON of Residence Inns because my husband travels quite often for work. I was expecting more of the same. This property though had a little something extra. On Wednesday night the very friendly "dinner attendant" had prepared the managers night special but added her little bit of flair to the menu-grilled red onions for the burgers and very yummy pork and beans home cooked made it a wonderful treat. She mentioned that night that they were going to have s small Thanksgiving meal the next day. I coudn't believe it! Every other RI closes their dinner buffet for the Holidays. I mentioned that I would love to make stuffing to contribute to the meal. She directed me to a local store where I picked up the necessary items. This meant a lot to me since we were going out to eat and I would miss making stuffing for myown family and it never really feels like thanksgiving without the smell of stuffing being made. June (the dinner attendant) is a real asset to this place. Her friendly demeanor made us feel welcome and added to the pleasant experience of this trip. Breakfast was also good. Home made grits every morning was a real treat to this southern gal. One more surprise is that the eggs were REAL!!!!
Now that was a real shocker. As for the room, very typical RI style. I was a little dissapointed that we did not have an oven. I had called to verify this early on and was told there would be one. The manager then suggested we could check out another room if we wanted to but knowing we had just gotten unpacked and settled offered for us to use the breakfast kitchen to bake some cookies on Friday night. WAY TO GO!!! That is the way to treat your customers! This was our first time in Pensacola and hopefully not our last my DH loved it. We ate at the Grand Marlin which I will review later and the Hilton at Pensacola Beach. The pool at the RI was warm but coudn't convince the family to swim. Maybe next time. Thanks management for a wonderful stay.

Room Tip: I like the "bay view"
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family