“Nice Place, I'd visit again” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Residence Inn Pensacola Downtown

Residence Inn Pensacola Downtown
Ranked #14 of 63 Hotels in Pensacola
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
“Nice Place, I'd visit again”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 August 2012

I stayed here for three days of business. The rooms were a good size. Everything was basically new and updated. The bathroom tube area could have used more lighting. The staff was very responsive to a door-lock issue. The bed was very comfortable! And the breakfasts were good, they always had protein which is important for my pathetic attempts to be on the Caveman diet.

Very close to the Cardosa shopping mall and historic downtown. Reasonable price.

Room Tip: I was very happy on the second floor near the elevators. Though if you like to sleep in, being next...
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
New Orleans, Louisiana
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 July 2012

Stayed here in July of 2012. Loved it. Staff was the friendliest I've ever seen in a hotel. All staff spoke to us, every time they saw us. I've never come across that before! Alex, at the front desk was very friendly and helpful. Our room and the hotel were very clean, enjoyed the pool only once, it was nice (spent a lot of time at the beach). Breakfast was good, my only complaint would have been to put more choices out for breakfast. More hot choices, but everything we had was very good. This hotel is in a great location, close to good food and beaches. Also, the Hotel Manager was very nice and seemed to be very attentive to the guests.

Room Tip: Room overlooking pool, separate bedroom suite is great. Lots of room.
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
Milan, Tennessee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2012

We had a group of 28 with our church youth group, and stayed 4 nights. This is the second year I have travelled with this group and stayed at this hotel. The staff is always friendly, the rooms, halls, eating areas, are always clean. The breakfast is great! As bus driver, I needed a quiet, comfortable room, and that is what I have had both years. My only issue was the pillows, which were too soft for me.

Room Tip: Bring your own pillow, if possible
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with friends
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 July 2012

Excellent customer service. If you don't need to stay on the island the location is right near the bridge to get there. Nice outdoor grill and basketball court. Speedy check in.

• Stayed July 2012
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
resinndt, General Manager at Residence Inn Pensacola Downtown, responded to this review, 19 August 2013
Thank you so much for your feedback in reference to your hotel stay with us. I wanted to personally apologize for the inconvenience you experienced. This is not the kind of customer service we are accustomed to providing and I would greatly appreciate it if you wouldn't mind giving me a call to discuss this further. We take pride in taking care of our Marriott Rewards members and I will be handling this situation accordingly. Once again, thank you for your feedback and I look forward to speaking with you soon.

Best Regards,
Christy Dixon
850-432-0202 x503
Dacula, Georgia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 July 2012

We spent 3 nights in this hotel. The staff is just outstanding! Friendly, polite, and accommodating. The hotel is located in an area convenient to local restaurants and attractions. The room we stayed in was very clean and well maintained. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
Tallahassee, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 July 2012

Clean rooms, good breakfast, helpful staff. We were very pleased and happy to find a new "go to" hotel in Pensacola. We come here a lot, and have stayed in a few different places. I think this one is a keeper.

Our room was very clean, the bed was very comfortable. The bathroom was clean and new and we had room to spread out. The air conditioner worked great, and we were never bothered by any noise at all.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
Fairbanks, Alaska
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 July 2012

Myself, my parents, and my sister's family stayed in a 2-bedroom suite with an incredible view of the water. The room was clean and comfortable with one exception - the sofa sleeper! I was relegated this torture contraption which was so uncomfortable that I actually lost sleep over it the first night. The other two nights I slimply slept on the couch in its regular "couch" form.

All else about our stay was wonderful. The front desk staff was helpful and friendly. Every other staff member we came across (maintenance, housekeeping, etc.) greeted us with a smile.

The breakfasts were terrific and varied daily: One day the main dish was a McMuffin-type sandwich and another day it was a breakfast burrito, etc. Everyday there were multiple kinds of cereal, milk, and fruit, as well as eggs, toast, and pastries. There was concentrated orange and apple juice and coffee as well.

The pool was well maintained. Though it's small, it was sufficient for our family and a couple of other families to enjoy it at the same time.

The gym had three treadmills, free weights, and a few other items. It, too, was clean and well maintained.

A note about location: Although this hotel is close to the water, it is not near a beach. We had to drive 5-10 miles to get to a beach...so don't expect to walk out of the lobby and into white sand! You will have a short commute to get to any one of the gorgeous beaches in Pensacola.

I'd definitely stay here again!

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank KellyAroundTheWorld
Also consider these accommodations in or near Pensacola
Pensacola Grand Hotel
Pensacola Grand Hotel
#12 of 63 in Pensacola
Courtyard Pensacola Downtown
Courtyard Pensacola Downtown
#22 of 63 in Pensacola
Holiday Inn Express Pensacola Beach
Holiday Inn Express Pensacola Be...
#1 of 10 in Pensacola Beach
Hampton Inn & Suites Pensacola/Gulf Breeze
Hyatt Place Pensacola Airport
Hampton Inn & Suites Pensacola / I-10 Pine Forest Road

Been to Residence Inn Pensacola Downtown? Share your experiences!