“Good Location, Nice People, Clean Comfortable Room”

Residence Inn Pensacola Downtown
Ranked #14 of 65 Hotels in Pensacola
Birmingham, AL
“Good Location, Nice People, Clean Comfortable Room”
Reviewed 28 May 2013

We stayed at this hotel for two week nights and I would be hard pressed to find anything to complain about. We had the two bedroom suite and brought a Golden Retriever with us-the hotel does charge the average pet fee. There was a welcome bag for Maverick, with doggie poo bags and treats. They also give you magnets to put on the door to let staff know there is a dog (a.k.a furry family member) in the room. We didn't want cleaning service but they made sure we had plenty of fresh towels, shampoos, coffees, etc.
There are great places to walk a dog around the area or just to go for a walk, period. There is a beautiful, emotionally stirring veteran's park behind it that has some incredible memorials. The hotel is also on the bay, so you can walk out to a pier. McGuire's famous Irish pub is across the street but other restaurants are also in walking distance, including a Brazilian steakhouse.

Our room was spotless. The furniture was a tad old in the living room but it was very comfortable. The kitchen was impeccably clean. We were downstairs for social hour both evenings which was really fun- the hostess and other guests were very friendly. I was impressed- I was expecting cheese and crackers; we had salad/beef stew one night and hamburgers and french fries the next. The hot breakfast was delicious and the staff warm and welcoming. There were lots of light options for breakfast (yogurt, fruit, cereal) although I have to admit I went straight for eggs, sausage, grits and a biscuit. Very good coffee.
We will definitely stay at this Marriott again and I would whole heartedly recommend it to others.
I am going to give "sleep quality" a good rating instead of excellent-the room was very quiet and comfortable but the pillows weren't the best ever. Pretty good but not great. Could be just a personal preference of mine, to be fair.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank AllieRK
resinndt, General Manager at Residence Inn Pensacola Downtown, responded to this review, 8 June 2013
Thank you for your great review of our hotel and our staff. I have taken the liberty of sharing your comments with housekeeping and food and beverage employees. It's nice to know that they are "getting it right"! We are in the process of upgrading our pillows accross the Marriott family. By 2014 the standard pillows are going away and all beds will have king sized pillows. Hope you make it back to check it out. The beaches are looking great this time of year!!!!
Paul Martin

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
florida
Reviewed 27 May 2013 via mobile

It's hard to really judge a place when because of circumstances you are in the room for a long stay. Even the best of mid range hotels can cause cabin fever. This particular Residence Inn is better than some others I have used. I have a small, ( 5 lb. ) dog , and they do allow them for a reasonable one time charge.
The room was clean and fairly large, and the flat screen TV was also large. Although movies would be a nice touch, since its a family place I'm sure that they could edit the choices. As others have mentioned , the staff seems very nice,lots of hellos, and pleasantries. They do offer food Monday through Thursday evening, as well as breakfast 7 days.
If you are looking for gourmet food, look elsewhere, but if you are traveling with a family , this perk could save you close to the price of the room every day.
Several ok places to eat are across the street , as well as the very famous Mcquires, a good place to be able to walk home from! The one drawback, for me was the very loud air conditioner that seemed to have a mind of its own, it cooled fine , maybe a little too cool , but a minor point. All in all a good place, a good price, a good location , and a good staff.

Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
Making our Extended Stay guests feel comfortable is at the heart of the Residence Inn brand. Thank you for your great comments and thoughtful ideas. We are in the process of "revamping" our A/C units and we should be complete by 2014. I will share your thoughts with our staff.
Hope you signed up for Marriott Rewards, so you can come back and "stay on points"!
Summer's here and the beaches are beautiful!
Florida
Reviewed 21 May 2013

Every was very nice from the room to the staff. Check in was quick. The room was very nice and clean. Within walking distance to restaurant row. (Gregory St.) Only a few miles to downtown Pensacola. A short ride to NAS or the beaches.

Room Tip: Outdoor grill available for cooking
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
You are right, we are in the middle of Pensacola. Downtown night life to our left and warm sugar white Beaches to our right. Residence Inn and our great front desk staff are waiting to welcome you back to Pensacola. Thanks again for you comment.
Ormond Beach, Florida
Reviewed 13 May 2013

We are on two motorcycles and they let us park our bikes right out front. This is close to NAS Pensacola and within walking distance of McGuires. Property is 13 years old but looks brand new. Best breakfast with tremendous variety of offerings. Evening manager is Willie who is VERY personal, other than calling me 'Sir' , and he made our stay very pleasurable. We will always stay here when in Pensacola.

Room Tip: 3rd floor is best
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank reddykilowatt
resinndt, General Manager at Residence Inn Pensacola Downtown, responded to this review, 15 May 2013
Thank you for your great review of our hotel and our staff. I have shared your words with Willie and he wanted me to thank you for the "thumbs up". The weather is warming up and perfect for riding...I hope this means you will be coming back real soon. Our newly renovated pool and patio area are refreshing after a long motercycle trip.
Again thanks,
Seoul, South Korea
Reviewed 2 May 2013 via mobile

I stayed here with an old friend to hang out in the city. First let me say the area of this hotel is great. It is located across the street from some restaurants and is a $6 cab ride to downtown. When I checked in the hotel staff were extremly nice and accomodating. I asked for a room away from children and I did not see or hear one until breakfast. The room I reserved was a one bedroom. The price was very reasonable. The rooms were okay but kind of small for a Residence Inn. There were some cracks here and there where you can tell the place is a little dated. But I have stayed at numerous Residence Inns and I must admit this one had the most comfortable bed...maybe the most comfortable bed I've ever slept in of any place! Breakfast the next morning was pretty good. There was a wide variety of food and the staff was very friendly. All in all this was a comfortable, quiet, relaxing place and I would definitely recommend this
place to stay.

• Stayed December 2012
resinndt, General Manager at Residence Inn Pensacola Downtown, responded to this review, 3 May 2013
Thank you for your kind words especially about our staff. Also thank for commenting on our wonderful Jameson beds. We were renovated two years ago and we have just completed a pool and patio renovation. I hope that when the weather gets warmer, you will come back and enjoy our beautiful outdoor area.
Winter Haven, Florida
Reviewed 28 March 2013 via mobile

Employees are wonderful, upgraded us to bigger room so it would be more comfortable for my family.beds are very comfortable, view is beautiful. Dinner was very good and breakfast is best I have seen. Nice grill out by pool and restaurants a Ross the street. Location is great. Highly recommend!

Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
resinndt, General Manager at Residence Inn Pensacola Downtown, responded to this review, 31 March 2013
Kathy:
Wow...thanks for giving us 5 out of 5! Its nice to know our hard work pays off. As you noted about our grill ( and fire pit, now) our outdoor renovations are complete. There is much more room to relax next to our pool. Weather is getting nicer, hope you will come back soon.
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed 14 March 2013

The evening hot food was spectacular, not typical Residence Inn fare. Very hearty hot food, the Hostess was delightful and offered good company as well as service. The room was very clean and comfortable.

Room Tip: I have not had a bad room at a residence inn.
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled on business
resinndt, General Manager at Residence Inn Pensacola Downtown, responded to this review, 21 March 2013
Dear Joe:
Thank you for your glowing report about June and our Evening Social. We offer tasty treats Monday - Thursday and June adds her southern spice and warm hospitality. Thanks for taking note! I hope you will come back and see our newly renovated pool and patio area.
Paul Martin
Also consider these accommodations in or near Pensacola
Pensacola Grand Hotel
Pensacola Grand Hotel
#11 of 65 in Pensacola
Courtyard by Marriott Pensacola Downtown
Hampton Inn & Suites Pensacola/Gulf Breeze
Days Inn Pensacola - Historic Downtown
SpringHill Suites by Marriott Pensacola Beach
SpringHill Suites by Marriott Pe...
#3 of 10 in Pensacola Beach
Hilton Pensacola Beach
Hilton Pensacola Beach
#6 of 10 in Pensacola Beach

Been to Residence Inn Pensacola Downtown? Share your experiences!