“Excellent Hotel & Friendly Staff”

Residence Inn Pensacola Downtown
Ranked #14 of 65 Hotels in Pensacola
Reviewed 23 August 2013

Great hotel and beautiful rooms. Unfortunately, we had to check out in the middle of the night after only being there a few hours. The staff were very understanding and assisted us above and beyond our expectations. Definitely recommend.

Room Tip: All rooms are excellent.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 18 August 2013

Im a Gold Marriot member. I wasn't greeted fairly. I wasnt greeted at all. I was ignored for 5 minutes until another Marriot Team Member approached the desk (other than the one playing on her cel phone). The only thing stated to me was: ID and credit card. No personal contact whatsoever.
I asked for a feather free room as stated in my profile. This was not complied with.
I requested this again, and re-requested this an hour later, as I was ignored.
Apparantly, they were pre-occupied with something other than guest services.
I did end up getting 2 feather free pillows; that would be great if I were the only one deathly allergic to feathers . It sucks when you have to bring your own pillows on trips because the hotel is incompetent.
Did I say this was a reward stay? Grade 5 hotel my @ss!!!
I tried to contact the "Elite Service Line" multiple times. They are open 6 am to 1900.
No help whatsoever. Maybe if I call tomorrow............
To be continued> Im not utilizing a free reward room on a POS hotel. Im positive the Hilton Diamond desk would have corrected these errors.

Stayed August 2013 Value
Location
Sleep Quality
Rooms
Cleanliness

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank timex_cowboy
Reviewed 26 July 2013

The hotel is located a 20-min by car from Pensacola Beach and have all sort of restaurants on a walking distance. The rooms are comfy (awesome king size bed) but not very spacious for a family of four: it is just right. The buffet breakfast (US style) is above average and probably the cook in charge is very good. They also offer free simple dinner (weekdays) for free (my family did not try it), different dishes from American cuisine. The pool is small but clean. The parking lot is large and there is always a parking space for you, even when the hotel is packed.

I really picked this hotel because of the kitchen available inside the room. You got everything you need (in a very tiny space, but workable) but the conventional oven. I have never had problems with the smoking detectors as well. Tip: 30-min by car you have a fantastic fresh fish market called "Joe Patti's". Just amazing if you enjoy cooking when you are on vacation.

The biggest problem is the cleaning service. I had the impression they only work for daily tips (I always tip on the last day, just to test maid services in hotels). We needed to beg several times for proper cleaning (see one of the photos the way they left the kitchen after the "cleaning") and to take the trash out. When you cook you really need someone to help with the cleaning. And it was not much: we used extensively the dish washer to minimized the mess. But these ladies were lazy and incompetent. Not Marriott quality standard at all.

We let the front desk know TWICE about this issue (the manager was never available), but they seemed not to care. Setting aside this cleaning and the lack of active management issue, the customer service overall was pretty solid and cooperative. I made a mistake on my reservation and got one day earlier. The front desk managed to find us a room even under high season! Nice.

If you don't cook like me and use this hotel just as a good location to get close to Pensacola Beach, I believe it would be a 4 stars.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
resinndt, General Manager at Residence Inn Pensacola Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 31 July 2013

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of our hotel. Our comfy rooms and fully equipped kitchens definitely make the Residence Inn stand out from other brands. I'm glad you enjoyed our complimentary hot breakfast buffet and appreciate the positive comments on some of our other amenities we provide as well. Thank you for informing us on the housekeeping issues you experienced while staying with us. I truly apologize for the inconvenience. This is not the kind of customer service we like to provide and have addressed the issues accordingly. We are continuing to do all we can to improve the Residence Inn and greatly appreciate the feed back. Feel free to contact me directly, if you would like to discuss this any further. Thanks again and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.
Best Regards, Christy Dixon (General Manager)

Reviewed 8 July 2013

We stayed one night on our way to Destin. The room was clean and comfortable, despite a problem with the thermostat. We weren't uncomfortable, but we couldn't get it to cool down as much as we wanted. The linens were clean and the breakfast was just fine.

Reviewed 5 July 2013

Took my son to Pensacola on a special father/son trip. Hotel was clean and well kept. The staff (Carol and Christy) were terrific and very friendly. This will be my hotel of choice when staying in Pensacola.

Reviewed 4 July 2013

We stayed for 3 nights in a one bedroom suite. It was very clean and spacious for the 3 of us. The staff here are great, especially Carol. All staff are happy and helpful. We enjoyed the breakfasts they served. We were in town for a wedding. It was convenient to the church in downtown, the rehersal dinner in Gulf Breeze and the reception in Pensacola Beach. We really enjoyed our stay. Everyone was wonderful to us.

Reviewed 20 June 2013

We stayed for 3 nights this trip. It is your typical residence inn, clean, comfortable, and spacious. The staff are very friendly and helpful. We love that you can walk to several restaurants, like Another Broken Egg, McGuires , and Outback.This is a good location if you want to see downtown Pensacola, NAS and the beach. It wasn't our first stay and probably won't be our last.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple