“Pretty Bad”

Ranked #48 of 65 Hotels in Pensacola
Boca Raton, Florida
“Pretty Bad”
Reviewed 21 September 2013

We stayed here during a road trip because we wanted to have dinner with a cousin who lives in Pensacola. We were traveling with our cats, and the other hotels had large, non-refundable pet deposits. La Quinta doesn't do that, and that's the best we can say about the Pensacola La Quinta. The room smelled musty, and wasn't particularly clean. The bed was comfortable, at least. Breakfast offered very few choices, and the traffic pattern to get food was terrible. We hope to see the cousin again, but will try HARD to find a different place to stay.

Room Tip: With a room on the first floor, you only have to go up the VERY DIRTY staircase to get ice. The stai...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
Lorton, Virginia
Reviewed 20 September 2013

I have been to several La Quinta Inns and have been pleased that some are implementing "green" practices and a no smoking policy hotel wide...and they are pet friendly. So this has been my hotel of choice lately. Well,....not in Pensacola. We arrived around 9PM and had a room on the second floor. The first thing I noticed when we entered the room was that it reeked of mold. Not just a sligh scent...it reeked. I pulled back the sheets on one of the beds and there was a hair on it. Yes,...the hair you are thinking. I entered the bathroom and it smelled funny so I pulled back the shower curtain. Not only was the tub stained, but it smelled like rotten, cheesy feet. It was so gross I gagged. As I surveyed the room, I noticed a softball size hole in the baseboard on one of the walls...big enough for a small animal to fit in. After 14 hours of driving across the country, I packed all my gear and paid $160 more to go to the Marriot 1.7 miles away. The room there was $60 more per night and had a $100 non-refundable pet fee. When they heard how bad my room was at La Quinta, they comped half of the pet fee. The only redeeming thing about La Quinta is that they responded to our email regarding the room within 24 hours and gave us enough points for a free stay.
La Quinta really needs to step up to the plate and set some minimum standards for their hotels.

Room Tip: Don't choose a room here. Go to Marriot down the road.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with family

Travellers are raving about these Pensacola hotels

Mixo
Reviewed 13 September 2013

We have been going between Texas and Florida all year due to my Father's illness and have been staying at La Quinta Inns along the way. This La Quinta not only was out dated but smelled and the bathroom was moldy and the maids couldn't even put plastic liners in the trash bags. Also the door were outside the building like an old motel which now a days is not as safe as being in a locked building. We stayed only because we had been traveling all day and were very tired but will not be returning to that "motel" again.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

1 Thank Retta M
McEwen, Tennessee
Reviewed 25 August 2013

We stay at a lot of LaQuinta's and this was not the best one. We arrived late afternoon after a trip down from Tennessee and when we checked in with our reservation we were placed in a 2 room suite on the third floor. Granted that the hotel did have a elevator located outside about half way down the building and then we had to walk back to the locked outside doors to get back into the building. When we tried to get into our room, the key did not work. I had to walk down the very narrow stairs to the lobby where the desk clerk informed me that they had made the wrong keys and re-keyed the room for me. When we entered the room, it was clean enough, but very dated as far as the decor goes. We stay in suited due to the fact that I travel with my mother, my aunt, and myself. I take the sofa sleeper, and this one was the worst that i have ever encountered, the mattress was thin and uncomfortable and it layed across the couch placing horrible pressure on the back. It was so bad that I finally took the mattress off the sleeper and threw it on the floor to sleep, also, there were no pillows provided for the sofa sleeper. The king bed was comfortable enough. This was not the worst La Quinta, but also not the best. Out of the three La Quinta's that we stayed at on this trip, this was the most expensive for a one night stay, and not the best room of the three. Overall, it was a decent nights sleep, but if you can find a less dated and cheaper room, take it!

Room Tip: Not a good value!
1 Thank Darrell C
Cordova, TN
Reviewed 20 August 2013

I was recently a guest at this property for 3 nights 8/8/13-8/10/13. I was travelling with my terrier for the first time and did not know what to expect from a property accepting pets for no additional charge. I was very pleased with the condition of the room (appeared to have been updated recently with a nice Samsung flat screen, fridge, microwave, digital thermostat - AC was loud!) and the overall property in general. It is located in a very convenient location next to I-10 and only about 20 mins from the beach. It was very quiet given its location next to the interstate. Many places to eat nearby - McDonald's, Taco Bell, Waffle House, Denny's. Property was very well lit at night so walking my dog outside was no problem. I felt completely safe during my stay. Room service/maids were very friendly and accommodating as was most of the front desk staff. Breakfast consisted of packaged muffins, bagels, cereal, fruit, yogurt, boiled eggs, coffee, OJ, milk. Upon check out and half way back to TN, I realized I left the leash for my dog in the hotel room. I contacted the hotel and spoke to the property manager - Chris. He located the leash and mailed it free of charge to my home address! This is an example of EXCELLENT MANAGEMENT AND SERVICE! HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!!!

Room Tip: Ask for one of the interior rooms located over the lobby.
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 8 August 2013

This hotel was awesome for the money. Sure you read comments on here about the carpet, well if anyone has ever stayed in a hotel in Florida then they know that most of the time the carpet is dirty. It's Florida, people go to the pool and the beach and walk barefoot! It was in a great location with lots of choices for food and/or shopping. I took my dogs with me and they were more than welcome there.

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Louisville, Kentucky
Reviewed 8 August 2013

I stayed here to use up some points. I feel bad complaining about a free room but I feel like I should warn people as well. The bathroom had black mold on the ceiling. The door which opens up to the parking lot had pry marks on it. Scary. Don't spend your money here. It is terrible.

• Stayed August 2013