“should not have the Laquinta name!!”

La Quinta Inn Pensacola
Ranked #50 of 65 Hotels in Pensacola
Reviewed 28 August 2008

lets start with check in, our room was not ready and they had the maid go in to clean the room... 5 minutes later she walked out... Now do you think she even changed the sheets? I am not sure either. the room was nasty!!! smelled and scared me. we watched people putting their kids in the pool with no swimmers on just little girl underwear... Just keep driving if you come to this hotel!!!

I spilt water on the bathroom water on the floor and i went to wipe it up and the washcloth was BLACK when i picked it up!!! EEEWWWW!!! front desk was rude, they lied, and took my free nights stay and never gave it back!!

• Stayed: July 2008, travelled with family

Reviewed 30 June 2008

We were driving through to Orlando and happened to stop in Pensacola. This was a VERY basic hotel with a strange odor. Probably from the dogs that we see walking around. I love dogs but my goodness. There's no way that they could get all the smell out of the rooms.

Definately a place that you don't want to walk around without your shoes. We tried to spray the room Glade but.. alas.

We won't be back.

Stayed: June 2008
Reviewed 16 June 2008

For about 10 years I have wanted to go to Pensacola, FL so this summer for my traditional birthday vacation I decided to take it there. Reguardless of the other negative comments about this location of the La Quinta Inn I feel overall that it was an enjoyable stay. Conviently located near the interstate and on Davis HWY it was fairly easy to manuver around the city and find our way back to the hotel once we got our barings. The pool was a nice touch as we went swimming every night we were there. As long as we left our do not desturb sign in our door we were never bothered by the hotel staff which is always a plus. When I accidentally locked us out of the room the front desk was more than happy to give me an extra key card to get into the room. I would deffinatly reccomend La Quinta Inn to my friends and family planning a vacation. I think if there were anything negative I could state about this hotel it would be the fact that the bathroom was not designed for tall people as it was a bit difficult for me to take showers. Overall I give this hotel an above average rating, the service was excellent, the room was spacious and our stay was over all enjoyable.

• Stayed: June 2008, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 January 2008

I got it through Priceline, and I was satisfied with the price/quality ratio. It is easy to locate, quick check in, and it offers clean, basic accomodations. Complimentary breakfast (I liked the cappuccino machine), and free wifi internet.
I would go back.

• Stayed: December 2007
Reviewed 14 January 2008

Hotel was fine although not the nicest spot in town. Close to some shopping and very convenient to highways. Seems to be pet friendly as there were a couple of cats sitting in the corridors and I saw some dogs too.

La Quinta is not my preferred chain but this seems better than others.

Staff were friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: December 2006, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 October 2007

This hotel truly offered great service and hospatility. They do not charge extra for pets, and the staff all love pets, they would even ask us to bring down our pup to visit. The room was nice with updated furnishings and the housekeeping girls did a great job... This hotel is a great place to stay...

• Stayed: August 2007, travelled on business
Reviewed 17 August 2007

The price was right, for sure, but I don't think I'd stay here again. First of all, the neighborhood seemed a bit iffy when I ventured out to the grocery store right down the road. Second of all, there was a stabbing incident there the night we stayed. Yikes. I'll spare you the details. Third, and relatively minor compared to that, the free breakfast was not well stocked or attended to. The manager sent me a free night coupon when I complained about a couple of issues, so I know he's trying to be responsive, but in all honesty, I still can't recommend this place. There must be better options nearby. Incidentally, there's a Denny's on the property with surprisingly good food and a very charming waitress--she even called everyone "Hon."

Stayed: September 2006