“A Convenient Second Choice”

La Quinta Inn Pensacola
Ranked #50 of 65 Hotels in Pensacola
Reviewed 28 July 2014

My husband and I decided to go last minute to Florida for the fourth of July. Of course, everything was booked, so we ended up staying on the outskirts of Pensacola. We needed a place that would accept dogs as well without charging up our tab. This hotel offered that to us for only $25 extra dollars for the whole stay. The room was clean and comfortable and had a nice view of the pool. The pool was also clean and allowed a cool respite after a hot day at the beach. It was crowded with many families as well but it was the 4th of July weekend. Despite the busy pool, the 10 pm closing was adhered to and did not interfere with rest (as some pools can have noisy swimmers partying late at night). The drive into Pensacola was not that bad, about 15 minutes. I thought I would mind staying away from the beach, but it really wasn't that big of a deal. There are many restaurants nearby this hotel and a Denny's(?) I think, right in the parking lot. The only complaint I have about this place is that our TV did not work and though we asked about it three times, it was not fixed. The other issue I had was the breakfast bar. The offerings were unimaginative and not that good. The coffee was watery, and it was so crowded you had to wait in line for even a sugar packet; that is if the other guests were not pushing past you or cutting in front of you. Then again, it was the 4th of July weekend, so many faults can be possibly forgiven. All in all, if I can't get my favorite place at Pensacola Beach, I would definitely stay here again. It was affordable and convenient. One more item of mention, if you bring a dog, there are places in the parking lot with plenty of grassy area- just watch where you walk!

Room Tip: second level pool view rooms offer a view and no noise. pick a corner room and you will be near the...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for La Quinta Inn Pensacola

Reviewed 28 July 2014

This place was a disaster and would make a setting for a comedy film about America's Worst Hotels. The staff as nice and helpful but clearly overworked. The price for the hotel was moderate, but the stay was worthless.Carpet was wet and there was an over-powering smell of dog. It appeared dogs had marked their territory in the room and no one had cleaned it. The bathroom tile was stained and tub drained so slowly we ended -up in a bath rather than a shower. Hairs and stains on the sheets. A little league baseball team was staying at the hotel so they took all of the food from the breakfast and the staff could not replace items because they were busy with other issues.The hotel was booked solid so we could not get another room, yet we had made reservations in advance.

Room Tip: Avoid the stairwell and path near pool.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Bailale d
Reviewed 26 July 2014

The hotel is old and the rooms are dated. Not the cleanest La Quinta hotel I have stayed it. They are pet friendly and easy access to I-10 but I have chosen to stay at a different La Quinta on my return trip to Florida. Planning to stay at La Quinta in Daphine, Al. which is newer and has a higher rating. Very limited pet walking area. Their free breakfast was ok but did not have a full selection like some other La Quinta's. The hotel was also packed and when we arrived to eat around 0800, the food selection was limited with what they did have. On a positive note, the staff were very courteous and we were a late arrival around midnight; so, I called to let them know we would be late and they held our room.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 July 2014

Booked our room with a late arrival. Told the girl at the desk we would not be arriving until after midnight. --did not book with that 800 number--talked to the front desk here. Got in at 3:30 (after driving 10 hours) to find they had sold our room and had "none" left. She had run my CC twice! Now capital one had placed a block for fraud because she ran it twice!!!! We were traveling with our dog and specifically booked here because they are pet friendly. Did I mention she told me there were no rooms left? Anyway....she put us in the skankiest (is that a word?) room, smelled like a combination of cat pee and vomit. I see why they can't rent it. Couldn't take my shoes off. Promised to move us to a different room if one becomes available. If you can stay somewhere else ....
on a good note, the front desk staff in the morning was pleasant and willing to try and find us a different room. If not, I'm going to let my dog sleep in the room and I might sleep in my car.

• Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank momfernan
Reviewed 21 July 2014

On the plus side, the hotel staff (with the exception of one maintenance man) were friendly and helpful.

It's not their fault that the hotel is in such disrepair. Need to bulldoze it and build a new one.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank michaelsX2710KD
Reviewed 18 July 2014 via mobile

This La Quunta on Davis Hwy is so dirty! The carpet was almost black, the plumbing doesn't work! The bed sheets were stained a very substandard room. If you can avoid this place do and keep on driving!!

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Julissa B
Reviewed 16 July 2014

Was there the weekend of the Blue Angels show. Beds and pillows were so very comfortable! My main issue was the condition of the carpet in the room, it did not appear to be very clean. Breakfast was average but there is a 24 hour Denny's right next door. Internet access/wifi was easily accessed and quick. Staff was very gracious and friendly.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends