“Exceeded my expectations!”

Ranked #15 of 65 Hotels in Pensacola
Jacksonville, Florida
“Exceeded my expectations!”
Reviewed 23 March 2012

I had read the reviews before we booked and most reviews were favorable. We decided to stay due to the location of the hotel to the family event we were attending at the military base. WOW! This hotel exceeded my expectations. I normally will not stay at a Courtyard due to the fact they have no room service but it was the location we were needing for our weekend stay. The room was very clean, the bed was very comfortable with a great mattress and there is a cafe downstairs that serves " real" breakfast and not just muffins. My uncle stayed in a suite as that was the only room left for the evening and it was one of the largest suites I have seen at most hotels! Everything about the hotel was GREAT and we would stay there again!

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Christina K

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Hudson, Massachusetts
Reviewed 27 January 2012

And delightful staff! Really cheap breakfast buffet with eggs cooked to order. Not a lot of frills but really a lot of soul.

Room Tip: If you like a cold room fiddle with the ac. It's warm and muggy,
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
Dallas, TX
Reviewed 19 December 2011

This is a very nice updated hotel. We stayed there on the way to Disney and needed a hotel right off the interstate. I read reviews from Tripadvisor before booking a room. I think it was a little pricey but we had a good experience and would stay there again. I really liked the Bistro. The food was very good. I had the oatmeal cobbler... yum!! However, I am accustomed to having a nice hot complimentary breakfast from Hampton Inn so it is disappointing to have to pay for breakfast, especially when the cost of the hotel is already steep.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
Biloxi, Mississippi, United States
Reviewed 2 December 2011

This hotel exceeded my expectations. Staff was very helpful and pleasant. Room was VERY clean and smelled fresh! Updated decor. Bed was very comfortable, bathroom was spotless. Very close to the airport - took us 10 minutes to get there.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with friends
Atlanta, GA
Reviewed 21 November 2011

I tend to always book Marriott hotels because from hotel to hotel, they are pretty consistent. I know what to expect. I also have come to expect good service. They've only failed me in the customer service department twice and this hotel was the second instance. As usual, the room was comfortable and well appointed. It looked almost new. Nice comfy bed with fresh smelling linen. A mini office area with a sofa bed, desk, a mini-fridge and microwave. We were only here for one night but after a long day of driving, we were happy to have some comfortable surroundings and got a great night sleep as usual. It seems that they only have one person staffing the customer service desk and he spends more time in the office behind the front desk than he does at the front desk. The same person that checked us in the night before was there the next morning when we left for breakfast. He was pleasant but had none of the friendliness that I've come to expect when I arrive. He checked us in, swiped my credit card, handed us our keys and explained how to get to our room. That was it. No recommendations about places to eat in the area or letting us know when the restaurant was open. Luckily, there was a Papa John's ad on our room cards. They had a large information screen on the wall near the elevator but that does not replace a human being courteous and perhaps inquiring about your day, what info you might need, or where you're headed and offering suggestions about the local area.

The next morning, we saw him briefly at the desk. We came back from breakfast wanting to know what time check out was since no one told us and it was not in the little book they leave in the room. No one was at the desk. I stood there for a few minutes and a maid finally walked by so I asked her. Still no sign of the front desk staff though. They left a copy of the bill in our door as is typical nowadays but I still stop by the front desk to drop off the room cards. Still no sign of the front desk staff. This time, an employee in the restaurant directly in front of it, sent me on my way with a friendly goodbye. Maybe I'm one of the few people left who think that the human element is a big part of customer service. The front desk is a customer's first and biggest impression of a hotel. I'm not sure we would book this hotel again simply because the front desk staff was virtually nonexistent and when he was there, you get bare minimum service.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank aunaturale
Pelham
Reviewed 31 October 2011

Have had very good experiences at other Courtyard properties, this one was not up to par. Had a king with sofabed and the room was so narrow that two people had difficulty walking around. The bedding was older and in need of replacement. This property does have an indoor pool, which is great in cooler weather. The onsite Bistro is good but overpriced. Staff of hotel were helpful.

Room Tip: Connecting rooms are few and far between.
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
Burr Ridge, Illinois
Reviewed 24 September 2011

Lovely updated (or new?) hotel. Contemporary decor, friendly staff, clean clean clean rooms, comfy beds/linens, big screen TV, quiet rooms, lighting fast free internet. Great comfort for a solo traveler. Keep it up!

Stayed August 2011, travelled solo