“Very Disappointing hotel” 2 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #13 of 63 Hotels in Pensacola
Williamsburg, Virginia
“Very Disappointing hotel”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2013

We recently stayed here for a business trip. The location was great and the room appeared nice until I saw an uninvited guest (roach) crawling on the desk in the room. I didn't bother notifying the front desk, thinking it was an isolated incident. Well, on the third day my husband was packing and he discovered another roach crawling along the baseboard of the wall and carpet and. As we checked out I advised the clerk. To my surprise he minimized the issue and stated he will have a staff member spray the room. Also, breakfast is not included of which now I am glad! This hotel has some cleanliness issues and we will not stay here again!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Laurie M

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2013

We stayed at the Marriott Courtyard in Pensacola for our beach vacation. The hotel was clean and modern, everything was perfect.... until our 2nd day. We went out for the day and when we checked our bank account that day we found that we were charged almost $350 for smoking in the room (it was really $250 for the actual fine and the rest of the charge was explained as transaction fees and taxes???). My husband is the only smoker in our family and he only smokes outside. The staff had actually seen my husband go outside several times to smoke. When we told them that we did not smoke in our room they said that they would check with housekeeping. After the front desk and management checked with housekeeping to see that there was no evidence and then went to our room and smelled no smoke they reversed the charges and apologized. In fact, the front desk worker said that housekeeping probably smelled it on my husbands clothes in our room...As apologetic as they were about it, our vacation was still ruined. We had our vacation planned and budgeted down to the penny. Because they charged our account $350 on a Saturday, our bank account didn't reflect the reversed charges that weekend. We had to cancel our dinner plans and eat pizza in the room. Then we had to cancel our waterpark and dining plans for Sunday and just go home after check out because the charges weren't back in our account yet due to banks being closed. This trip was very heartbreaking for my children, husband, and myself. My kids are young (ages 6, 4 and 2) and were affected by this horrible mistake made by this hotel. Maybe next year when we get to take a vacation again we won't cry all the way home.

• Stayed July 2013
5 Thank svannasmiles
Austin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2013

Booked hotel through Priceline
Name Your Own Price. Great hotel with excellent service. Location of hotel is conveniently located to restaurants and shopping mall. Nice hotel and children friendly. Would stay here again when I'm in town.

• Stayed July 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
PMohan, Director of Sales at Courtyard Pensacola, responded to this review, 22 July 2013
I am very happy that you enjoyed your stay! We try our very best to do all that we can to make this your home away from home.
North Carolina
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 July 2013

This was a business stay in Pensacola. The hotel was very easy to find and quite convenient for our business meetings. The room was clean and comfortable with two exceptions. First, we had a lovely balcony but no furniture to sit upon. Secondly, the bathroom provided two types of hair conditioner but no shampoo. It is the little things that make future visits iffy.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 July 2013

We stayed at the Courtyard Pensacola when we took my daughter for a University of West Florida (UWF) campus tour and it was great! Very centrally located and the room was clean and cozy. The front desk staff was very helpful and cordial. My daughter decided to attend Florida Gulf Coast University (FGCU) in Fort Myers instead, but if she would have chose UWF we would have gladly stayed there when we would visit her. HIghly recommend!

Room Tip: Our room was on the second or third floor and overlooked the pool area. We had no issues.
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 June 2013

Recently stayed at this hotel after staying at a resort hotel in another city and I must say the attention, friendliness, and service at this hotel surpassed everything I experienced at the resort. The friendliness and attention received from the housekeeping staff is among the best I've seen in my traveling experience. The management is also very accommodating and eager to please the guests at this hotel. Very modern & clean place to stay. I will definitely stay here again!

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank bamajag1
Jacksonville, Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 June 2013

DOS 3/2013- My family and I ONLY chose this hotel for the inside heated pool. I know my expectations so I called several days in advance to assure the amenities were working properly. I was told by the clerk "As far as I know to everything's working". So we traveled from Jacksonville to Pensacola ready for family fun. I got my first hint there was something wrong when we entered the lobby. There was a family dripping wet requesting a refund. Never the less, we checked in, left for a couple of hours, then came back to the hotel ready to enjoy the pool. The pool was Ice Cold. Everyone's teeth were chattering. I made a complaint at the front desk and I got the sarcastic reply "Yea, I know. Aww I'm so sorry" however with the look of "No, I'm really not". She proceeded to say the temp was set at its max and it was registering correctly. I had her go get the maintenance guy to prove it considering all the guest were shivering and complaining. Surely enough his gauge registered 80 but it was NOT! I know what 80 degrees feels like and that's not it. He tried to convince me with some cockamamie story about it being cool outside and yadayadayada... To top it all off, the Spa was completely broken reportedly over a week. I wanted to try a new location considering we chose to pay $150 to stay there for the pool, and of course we we're denied because we were checked in longer than 2 hours although we weren't there on site. They offered absolutely nothing to accommodate their disgruntled customers but sarcasm so we we're not happy. We will never return to this location. 1) Apathetic staff 2) Cold "heated" pool 3) Small rooms for the price 4) Noisy hallway 5)TV volume malfunction 6) restaurant hours very inconvenient 6) Broken Spa Tub---- 2 thumbs down for a Marriott chain.

Room Tip: Don't go for the inside heated pool or spa.
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled with family