“Nice, but not the best”

Courtyard Pensacola
Ranked #15 of 65 Hotels in Pensacola
Reviewed 18 August 2014

I really liked this hotel because it was cheaper, and still close enough to everything. We went to the beach the one night we were there, and it takes 30 minutes, but that's okay because you definitely pay more to stay right down by the ocean. The room was nice, but we did find a few bugs, but they were dead bugs, so I guess that makes me feel better? And the bed was super comfy. Couple downsides: No free breakfast, coffee in the room was awful, and the elevator was a little scary (jerked a lot and felt like the cables could snap off at any moment) but the place was okay for one night. There are two other Marriotts in the same parking lot and those seemed nicer than this one.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Courtyard Pensacola

Reviewed 29 July 2014

Checked in on Sunday night only to find a roach had crawled into my peanut brittle. I carried the roach and my peanut brittle to the front desk where the young lady stated that was disgusting. On Monday I found another roach in my room and took it to the front desk and asked to speak to the manager. The manger, Michelle (nice lady), stated they are having a problem with roaches and have been working for months on the issue. I would have moved to a different hotel but there was a baseball tournament in town and there were no rooms available.

Despite trying to keep all my bags zipped-up I found a roach in one of my bags when I got home.

I called Marriott corp. who waited several days and then I received an email from the hotel i.e. corp. did nothing - not what I expected from Marriott.

The PNS staff was nice but they seemed powerless to address the issue.

I stay in Pensacola about one week a month and this is the first time I have had this issue.

This is also the first time I have ever posted a negative review.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
4  Thank sleepingdogsfla
Reviewed 23 July 2014 via mobile

This hotel is absolutely stunning. The staff are very attentive and polite. They have a nice lobby with contemporary features. The bistro is very handy and they even serve Starbucks coffee. They have an indoor pool and hot whirl tub which is very nice. The rooms are clean and beautiful. It's truly a home away from home.

• Stayed: July 2014
Reviewed 15 July 2014

Without having any reservations at all on a recent trip to the Pensacola area....my 21 year old daughter & I decided to "wing it". Little did we know, this area had 3 large events which basically made availability of rooms at a premium. On night #1 we checked into another hotel near the interstate. After about 20 minutes we decided to check out due to safety concerns. We pulled into this hotel & was greeted in the friendliest manner (Latoya?). We were lucky to secure a room , albeit more than twice the price of the previous.

The room was very comfortable & inviting. A/C worked great. Bedding was comfy. Bathroom had plenty of room. During the night I did hear the train passing through several times, which seemed loud.

The hotel lobby was spacious, modern & clean. I purchased food from the Bistro & although tasty, a bit overpriced.

Day 2 we extended our stay. I was very impressed that they remembered my name & room number. The staff was constantly greeting people & were always super friendly. I hope to stay there again on future travel.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Luv2travel32738
Reviewed 12 July 2014 via mobile

Nice, well maintained hotel with an excellent staff. Facilities are average for this class of hotel (saline pool is very nice, but is indoors and the sunning area was fairly small; exercise room contains a treadmill, a bike, an elliptical and some free weights). The staff pop this place into exceptional. Their constant friendliness and attention to detail keep the place clean and attractive.

Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank Leslie P
Reviewed 9 July 2014 via mobile

We were on our way to Destin, Florida and staying here overnight to take full advantage of the next day at Destin. Upon arrival, we entered and were greeted by very courteous staff. The hotel lobby was very nice and remodeled but the hotel location and rooms need improvement. The hotel elevator flooring color (natural dark brown) but looked dirty...like a replacement was needed. It didn't help that is located across from the indoor pool and probably saturated overtime from water of pool enthusiasts. Secondly, our room had an AC unit in the room like you would find in older hotel models (near the floor and with the turn nob). Lastly, we could not help but hear at 2-3 am sounds from the expressway (motor cycles racing in the direction of Pensacola beach for about 10 mins plus the white noise of the traffic). We have stayed at various Courtyard Marriott hotels and this is a older hotel. If they can fix the rooms and noise pollution from the expressway, we might stay there again.

Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank Whatup1989
Reviewed 9 June 2014

My boyfriend and I stayed here while visiting my sister and her family during Fiesta of Five Flags 2014. It was only 2 nights but it was a nice room in a quiet location. The room has an awkward layout so staying for a longer period of time maybe wouldn't be ideal however, like most Marriott properties the room was nice and comfortable. We had quite a large refrigerator, microwave and balcony. The property also had an indoor pool and hot tub (a little odd for FL) and both were handicap accessible.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple