“False Advertising”

Courtyard Pensacola
Ranked #15 of 65 Hotels in Pensacola
Reviewed 23 March 2009

While the rooms were clean and the beds comfortable, I was disappointed. The individual website for this hotel advertises free breakfast, which is important to us when traveling as a family. Even the wake-up call I received invited me down for a free breakfast. It was not free. It cost us over $20 for three people. When I asked why this was not free, I was told that some Courtyards were indeed free, but some were not. This one was not, although it was certainly advertised to be, because they have a cook, a female employee said. I never saw a cook. Charge for breakfast if you want, but don't be dishonest in your advertising.

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled with family

Reviewed 8 January 2009

This is a late review. We were down the week before Christmas for a wedding and couldn't have asked for a nicer facility and staff. From the time we checked in until we left, every one of the staff looked us in the eye, smiled and spoke. I believe the clerk's name was Allicia that checked us in was very polite and even offered us the choice of floors to stay on. The ladies and gentleman that worked the breakfast buffet offered service compariable to expensive restaurants, they were great, attentive and willing to help any way they could. We will definitely stay there again. On the flip side, the only complaint we had was the sofabed. Even though it looked new, the one in room 208 was hard and uncomfortable to sit in. Since I used to live in Pensacola, it a great deal to stay here and drive the 20 minutes out to the beach.

• Stayed: December 2008, travelled on business
Reviewed 1 January 2009

This hotel was very comfortable and friendly. The staff was very nice and helped me with everything I needed. Everyone was very courteous and professional. It was very clean and very convenient. The breakfast was very good.
I will stay here anytime I return to Pensacola, Florida.

• Stayed: April 2007, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 December 2008

I first stayed at the Courtyard years ago. I travel to Pensacola about 8-10 times a year to visit family and I choose this hotel every time. The staff is unbelievably friendly and beyond helpful from the managers to the front desk clerks and to the housekeepers. The property is impeccably clean, the amenities are fabulous, and the personal treatment is second to none. I have a wonderful stay during every visit. I would recommend this hotel to everyone, whether you are on business or leisure!

• Stayed: April 2007, travelled solo
Reviewed 21 December 2008

Great staff. Great rooms. Great location. Great hotel.

Met three college friends in Pensacola for a week long fishing trip (reunion). Even thought the hotel seemed full, Melany (front desk) found rooms for two of my less responsible friends. The rooms were very comfortable and reasonably priced. The staff was full of helpful/useful knowledge about the area (restaurants/bars/entertainment) advising us what was good and what was a waste of time.

If I'm ever in Pensacola again I will most definitely stay at this hotel.

• Stayed: November 2008, travelled with friends
Reviewed 14 March 2008

We stayed at this Courtyard going to Disney and coming from Disney for one night each. Nice location, comfortable beds, clean rooms and friendly staff. What more could you ask for?

• Stayed: March 2008, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 February 2008

We went to Pensacola for a funeral and booked this at the last minute. We have never been to Pensacola before or ever stayed in a Courtyard before, so I have nothing to compare this to. However, we were very satisfied with this hotel. Upon checking in, we were told their computers were down (including the guest one in the lobby). We needed to print our boarding passes for our flight home, so at some point only the internet worked and they let my husband use their back office computer to print them out. All the rooms do have free hi-speed internet. All the staff were very friendly and accomodating and kept apologizing about the computer situation. The computers still didn't work at checkout so they had to mail, fax, or email the receipts (customer choice). I had mine emailed to me the very next day! Our room had 2 double beds. They were very comfortable. The room was very clean and nicely furnished. Some rooms even had balconies. Our window opened, which is not always the case in hotels - it was nice to get a warm Florida breeze. There was an indoor pool, but we did not have time to use it. It also appeared very clean. The only complaint I could say is that there is no continental breakfast. They do have an all-you- can-eat breakfast buffett for $7.95. We found a lot of variety and the food was excellent. This hotel was less than 10 minutes from the Pensacola airport. I would definately stay there again and highly recommend it.

• Stayed: January 2008, travelled as a couple