We stayed at this hotel this past summer. We wanted a place to stay for a week while our kids attended camp at the Christian College. This was perfect for our stay.
Pros: The breakfasts were hot and plenty, get there early if you want to make waffles to avoid a long line. They had coffee in the main lobby pretty much all the time. The staff were friendly and it felt safe enough in the general area. There were even a few geocaches close by to find :o) The rooms were spacious and the kitchen was a welcome feature. Tennis court was cute, small, but the kids liked it (bring your balls and raquets. Didn't try out the pool; a little small, but the guests seemed to be enjoying it.
Cons: Only one bathroom was a little tought to share, but worked out ok. Would have been great to have two bathrooms for a unit that would sleep at least 6. We forgot to ask for a top floor room and got stuck on the bottom with noisy kids running around for 2 nights on our ceiling. The noisy neighbors left a large bag of garbage near our door, which stayed there for several days until we reported it. I was a bit surprised it didn't get picked up by staff when they cleaned that room, but who knows.
You need to be aware that they do have a kitchen, but only one set of utensils and limited plates and such. They did have pots, but you would be smart to bring paper plates, plastic forks, etc. to be sure you were covered.
Go ahead and ask for an extra set of towels/rags/handtowels for each guest you bring beyond two. They only have two sets in the room. That apparently is their policy. You will need to ask and go get them if you forget to ask upon check-in. I think they have pool towels to use at the pool area. Same for sheet sets; we had to ask for another set for the fold-out couch. I guess they had a problem with those sorts of things walking off.
That about covers it. Only a few odd things, like you can't park by your room unless you stay in the front rooms. You don't get room service or maid service, which we never want anyway. Lots of candy wrappers and such under the sleeper sofa, but nothing too nasty. I really didn't have many complaints and appreciated the space this hotel provides for a longer stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome Home to MainStay Suites, Pensacola, Florida. All Suite types (Single King, Double, Penthouse, and Executive) feature fully equipped kitchens, free local calls, free high speed wireless internet, hot breakfast each morning in the gatehouse, sparkling pool with hot tub, fitness center, and the area's only in-room fireplaces. We are conveniently and centrally located near I-10 and I-110 at exit 13(Davis Highway); close to Univ. of West FL, West FL and Sacred Heart Hospitals, University, and Cordova Malls, and just minutes from Downtown, Pensacola Beaches, and Pensacola NAS and the Naval Aviation Museum. WE have Great Nightly and Extended Stay rates and are honored to offer special discounts for our heroes in the armed forces. Check us out on facebook at MainStay Suites Pensacola, Florida. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, Choice Hotels, TravelUp, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your MainStay Suites Pensacola reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mainstay Suites Pensacola, Fl Hotel Pensacola
- Residence Inn Pensacola
- Pensacola Residence Inn
- MainStay Suites Pensacola Florida