“Best kept secret.”

MainStay Suites Pensacola
Ranked #11 of 63 Hotels in Pensacola
“Best kept secret.”
Reviewed 29 May 2012

I was very Pl eased with this place. I have been renting vacation homes each year until this one and I was very skeptical about it at first until check in. I will be coming back. I saved plenty of money staying at thread location. I recommend this to any one looking to stay 10 from the beach.

• Stayed May 2012

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
beloit wisc
Reviewed 6 May 2012

we were guest here Thur and Fri 5-3 and 5-4-12. Check in was quick and efficient and staff was very helpful and friendly. Our room was very clean and overall a very good experience. The breakfast was good and there were plenty of options for breakfast there from hot items like french toast, sausage, various danish rolls etc. We used the hotel as a base while we explored the Gulf Islands National Seashore and the State parks. I did think it was somewhat difficult to find at first when you get off the interstate . We will be bak again when we are in the Pensacola area. gary and mary

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
Niceville, Florida, United States
Reviewed 27 April 2012

I needed a place to stay for the night because I didn't want to drive all the way home at night. I am a commuter at the University of West Florida and I had to stay late on Wednesday and then back again the next morning. I needed somewhere to stay that was nice and close to the school. I found this place out from expedia.com and I am very happy I did.

The only thing bad about the hotel is that it is hard to find. I had to call the front desk to get directions for some reason my cell phone's GPS is off a few blocks and says the hotel is in front of some other business.

The hotel is near I-10 and I-110 but I did not hear any highway traffic. The area looks more like condos and so does the rooms. I traveled alone and felt safe. I am a single woman in my 20's and felt comfortable. In the morning they provided me free breakfast, sausage, cereal, waffles, etc. It was great and it was free!

I like the place so much I gave housekeeping a little present, two small bottles of moscota wine. I booked a king studio room which had a full kitchen, fireplace, desk area and couch. Very large for one person. It was almost an apartment/condo.

You will be very happy here and if I have to stay overnight again I will be coming to this hotel. They also offer weekly rates for extended stay.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled solo
4 Thank Valerie B
Virginia Beach, Virginia
Reviewed 8 April 2012

The hotel itself is nice and seems well run. We had a bathtub issue the first night but maintenance was there in under an hour to fix it and we had no further issues. Breakfast was good and plenty of options were available...eggs, biscuits, waffles, juices, muffins,etc. The staff was a bit unfriendly and I felt they were not involved enough in managing the guests. There was a man and his three children in the whirlpool for probably an hour. The child was screaming nonstop for this entire time because he was trying to teach them how to swim...for an hour, right next to the management office. I was shocked that nothing was done to stop an incident that was truly disturbing. On our final of 4 days, there was a block party right outside our room. The kids were literally outside my door, which was only feet from the main office, hooping and hollering until at least 2 am. I know things like this happen, but I feel that its up to management to keep their eyes and ears open for disturbances like this which I felt were glaring. Also, when we needed more towels, we were told that they had no clean towels and we would have to come back in 3 1/2 hours. When we came back, we had to wait several minutes to get a few towels. Overall, though, it was a nice room for a reasonable price.

Room Tip: Get a room far away from the pool. I think that's why it was so loud, because people sometimes...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank researchercf
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 5 March 2012

I have been staying here for over 5 weeks so far.
During my stay they have upgraded all the kitchen appliances.
The staff is top notch, the grounds are clean and safe.
For an older hotel this one keeps getting better every week.

• Stayed February 2012
MainStayPensacola, Manager at MainStay Suites Pensacola, responded to this review, 12 March 2012
Woww...What nice comments...yes we have been busy working hard to provide the best guest experiences for you...we sincerely appreciate your note and also thank you for your patience during our remodeling...
Team MainStay Pensacola
Saint Cloud, Florida
Reviewed 8 January 2012

I stayed here for 3 nights in Jan 2012 with my hubby, 2 yr old and our dog. The rooms are comfortable and spacious but could use some updating and better cleanliness in the kitchen. The garbage disposal had an awful smell and I had to cover it with a dish to keep it from stinking up the whole room. The beds were comfortable. The staff was super friendly and very helpful. Breakfast was good, waffles were suprisingly good. They were in the process of replacing all the microwaves in the rooms. The hotel is right off the interstate but our room was very quiet. I would stay here again. It is one of the nicer pet friendly hotels we've found.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with family

Stayed January 2012, traveled with family

Thank you for staying at MainStay Suites in Pensacola...I am sorry you experienced some problems with your disposal. Maintainence is available most hours to address such issues so I hope you didn't have to wait too long have that issue resolved. I am glad to report that INDEED WE HAVE CONTINUED our upgrades since you were here...I am glad to report that we now have ALL NEW STAINLESS APPLIANCES to accompany the new microwave you got when you were here. We have also installed new carpet throughout...that all goes with the new bedding...new 37" flat panel HDTVs...and new cabinery...and oh yes...new granite countertops as well...Please come back soo so you can see for yourself all of our upgrades !!

Team MainStay
Daphne, Alabama
Reviewed 17 December 2011

We stayed here the night before a very early airport departure. I've never stayed at MainStay Suites before but learned here that this property used to be a Residence Inn, which I've stayed at many times and liked. This hotel is hard to find behind an ailing shopping mall along a frontage road filled with low end and weekly rate hotels, a closed restaurant and a radio station.

At check-in, I asked if any of the rooms I had reserved, a 2 bed + sofa bed room, were upstairs, and was told no. I was asked if I'd rather have the Penthouse suite and I said sure, as long as it is the same price as the room I reserved, and that's what I got, so I was pleased. Those suites have a king bed upstairs in a loft area plus a bathroom and downstairs there is a full size Murphy bed and bathroom, sofa bed, wood burning fireplace, living room, small dining area and kitchen. Neither bedroom area is behind a closed door for privacy.

The space was great for our group but very ragged around the edges. The odor coming from the disposal was so foul I almost retched, so I covered it with the rubber stopper.The microwave was so old we were afraid to use it and the other appliances were old and stained, chips out of the counter top and paint smudges were on the carpet. We couldn't figure out how the ceiling fan worked upstairs but the beds were comfortable. Behind the furniture we found food crumbs, dust/hair globs, a broken outlet cover, hair clips, etc. Why don't housekeepers look behind furniture and clean it up?

They must have trouble with guests stealing TVs, bedding and towels, since there are signs that tell you what your account will be charged if any items are found missing and the TVs are alarmed. We had a quiet night, the breakfast was fine, the grounds are well landscaped and the employees were pleasant. I'm not sure the value was there for the price I paid, even with the upgraded suite.

Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
6 Thank ksheff-travel
Thanks for the comments from your stay in December...I am glad to report that since your stay we have been busy working on a complete renovation to make your next experience with us even better. We have just completed installation of new carpeting throughout the entire hotel. In addition...we have all brand new Stainless Steel appliances in our Full Kitchens that go very nicely with the brand new granite countertops. The new flat panel 37" HDTVs were installed right before your visit along with our brand new bedding. We hope you will come back soon to see first hand all of the exciting improvements.

I am also glad to report that work is getting started on the exciting rennovations at Former University Mall...For brand new anchor stores as well as additional restaurants are planned so there is alot in store for our area...come back soon and ofter.

Thank you.