“Good experience”

Ranked #11 of 65 Hotels in Pensacola
Chicago, Illinois
“Good experience”
Reviewed 4 August 2013

Overall, we were happy with our stay. The first night there was a mis-communication between reservations and our room assignment (not the local hotel's fault) but Fanisha at the front desk was very nice & helped smooth out the problem. Because of the reservations department and the mis-communication there was a problem with the charges, but the manager Paul Blake was very kind and took care of the problem. Like other reviewers said, the hotel is located around an old mall and the area does seem kind of "seedy" but we encountered no problems. The room was clean and pretty nice. Because of Paul, we would more than likely stay here again...unless we are able to find something affordable on the beach! Make sure you eat at Fuji Sushi - http://pnsfujisushi.com/ - the owner is very nice and that too was a great experience and Sky's Pizza Pie - http://www.skyspizzapie.com/ both are right down the street. Being from Chicago, their pizza was very good and their garlic knots were delicious!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
MainStayPensacola, General Manager at MainStay Suites Pensacola, responded to this review, 6 August 2013
I am so glad your experience was good at MainStay in Pensacola. It is so nice to hear kind comments like yours and it really makes us happy to know that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future. Please feel free to keep my contact information and call me for reservations in the future so we can "real time" insure that we have the availability yof the exact room type you want.

Thank you again and we really can't wait to see you soon !

MainStay Suites
7230 Plantation Road
Pensacola, FL 32504
850-393-8433 cell
850-477-3399 fax
mainstayflb78gm@outlook.com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
Birmingham, Alabama
Reviewed 28 July 2013

My family & I stayed here during the weekend of July 19th-21st. The rooms are nice but could use a little more TLC (carpet had stains) Need to stock more linen for the extra beds (pillow cases, sheets, & blankets)Price is reasonable.

• Stayed July 2013
Ajit P, Owner at MainStay Suites Pensacola, responded to this review, 12 October 2013
Dear Thaskc1

Thank you for taking time to post comments on your stay. We do appreciate the feedback and I will discuss it with my housekeeping staff. I do appreciate your suggestions because it helps guide us in improving the quality of our service.

Many thanks

Ajit
Reviewed 23 July 2013 via mobile

We arrived late in the night to find a friendly front desk person. However when we got to our room we were horrified to first find out we didn't get the room promised by phone(short a room with in the suite). Secondly there was dried food in the bed spread for the sofa bed. Lastly we found dead bugs in both down stairs beds. We promptly asked for a refund and fled. Go to the Marriott town suites.

• Stayed July 2013
2 Thank Jayda R
MainStayPensacola, General Manager at MainStay Suites Pensacola, responded to this review, 24 July 2013
Thank you for your response. We typically get great responses and even received a Certificate of Excellence recently from Trip Advisor. We do recognize that we did drop the ball in this particular instance during a week of oversell occupancy. We wish we would have had the opportunity to move you to a room that better suited your needs before you left. If you will give us the opportunity to make it up to you in the future, I will offer you our best available rate and personally inspect your room prior to your arrival.

thank you.

MainStay Suites
7230 Plantation Road
Pensacola, FL 32504
850-393-8433 cell
850-477-3399 fax
mainstayflb78gm@outlook.com

Facebook: MainStay Suites Pensacola, Florida – New.
Covington, Louisiana
Reviewed 11 July 2013

I made a reservation here because my Garmin still had it listed as a Residence Inn. They lady on the phone never told me otherwise when I asked if she had my Marriott Rewards number. Upon arrival I was very disappointed to see the area the hotel was in. Looked like an area for cheaper hotels. I would have gone elsewhere, but it was 3am and I had been driving for hours. Upon entering the hotel it had a very musty smell and everything had "wet feel." The room was very spacious (we were in a two queen suite) and had newer appliances. However, the carpet, furniture, and fixtures were very, very old. The tub kept about a foot of water in it when you showered and there was mold on the ceiling. We did not ask for a smoking or pet room, both of which this obviously was. This is acceptable considering we have children with allergies. I called the front desk twice with no answer. There was also a bowl in the dishwasher that must have had salsa or something along those lines in it because it was turned upside down and the sauce was all over the inside of the dish washer. I did not know it until later, but my daughter found a disposable raiser under the bed (I wish I would have known that then because they guarantee satisfaction). To be fair, I did address the issues I knew about with the front desk next morning and the manager acted very surprised and asked what he needed to do to make it right. I told him not to worry about it. However, after reading other reviews with similar issues and finding out about the razor, I would have asked for my money back. Although the area is not the best, it seems that the property has potential, but they will not be in business long if they do not change their service and fix up the rooms.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
4 Thank Ron1790
Reviewed 27 June 2013 via mobile

This property is promising, but it due for some renovations,replacement decor.
The rooms are a bit tired, though
Functional. Room details are worn. You can see repairs to walls, doors, floors and tile, cabinet molding is missing. The room repairs were done but shoddy, the suite works & is good spacing, bedding is great, but you can see rust on metal bathroom vents & Fans. It just needs some TLC. We Would stay again, building 3, lower level. Kudos to the chef, the hotel provides a wonderful breakfast& is dog friendly...TY!!!

• Stayed June 2013
Indianapolis, Indiana
Reviewed 26 June 2013

Our Spring Break trip originated in Destin, but we made a last minute decision to stay in Pensacola for two nights, and found this place online. We got a terrific suite with a king bed in an upstairs loft area, a queen bed and a sleeper sofa. The unit also had a full kitchen, eating area, fireplace and 2 full bathrooms. All for a terrific rate!! The room was clean, and the place was really quiet, even though it was over half full. My daughter loved the outdoor pool, and my son loved that they had a basketball court right next to it.

I would absolutely recommend this place to anyone looking to stay in Pensacola.

Room Tip: Get the larger suite - it's only a small cost to upgrade and you will have a ton of extra room...
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
Zephyrhills, Florida
Reviewed 21 June 2013 via mobile

First room wreaked of animal urine/feces. Second room wasn't much better. Toilet not secure. Only 2 towels with 2 queen size beds-should be 4 towels. Carpet and furniture not clean. Pool was ok, but used bandaid on deck. No pool towels. Although they did welcome our big dog, we should have done more thorough research-found a better place to stay. We saw an old mattress, torn poster, and interstate for view. Did not feel safe in this location.

• Stayed June 2013
4 Thank Smallfamily5807
MainStayPensacola, General Manager at MainStay Suites Pensacola, responded to this review, 26 June 2013
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback regarding your recent stay at our hotel.

We are glad to accept pets and make every effort to clean each pet room and the carpet thoroughly upon a pets departure. We apparently dropped the ball on this instance and sincerely apologize.

I hope that you will consider staying with us again so that we can have another chance to provide you with a superior experience. Call me if you will be returning and I will personally inspect your room and waive the pet fee on your next visit.

MainStay Suites, Pensacola, FL