“Loved my stay!”

Ranked #11 of 65 Hotels in Pensacola
Lages, SC
“Loved my stay!”
Reviewed 7 September 2013

Our family enjoyed everything about our stay here. The room had plenty of space to spread out which was good because we have 4 teenagers. The kitchen was practical and clean. We have a daughter in college near the hotel, so we will be back to stay here in the future.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
MainStayPensacola, General Manager at MainStay Suites Pensacola, responded to this review, 11 September 2013
I am so thrilled to see that you enjoyed your stay with us. Your kind words really provide great motivation to a team that works hard to make each guest want to return.

We really look forward to having you back when you visit your college kids. Please do not hesitate to let me know if there is anything we can do to make your next visit even better...

Call me for reservations and our BEST AVAILABLE RATE or if I can be of service in any other way.

Thank you again!

mainstayflb78gm@outlook.com

Facebook: MainStay Suites Pensacola, Florida – New.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
Port Allen, Louisiana, United States
Reviewed 7 August 2013

My family stayed at this facility on July 23, 24 & 25 of 2013. My daughter has a skin condition so I thought the red bumps that began to appear on her while there were related to sensitivity to something in the hotel or simply veering from her organic diet while on vacation. When we got home and the issue was not resolving I brought her to her doctor. I was advised that it was not a rash but some sort of bites and that the timeline made sense to it occurring at the hotel. I called the manager ( Paul Blake ) simply to notify him of the problem so he could address the issue. He immediately became defensive with me telling me "his " hotel doesn't have a pest issue that they hire a company for regular treatments. He stated that the room was not even one of their pet rooms; however, he never answered my question of whether or not there are separate pack n plays for pet vs non-pet rooms. He also raged that he was sick of "people" calling over nonsense and trying to "scam" refunds. (Apparently they get a few complaints. They probably get a lot of complaints on housekeeping issues. I noted my new white socks were grey and my daughters bare feet black after walking on the carpet. The dishes in the kitchen had food still on them, thankfully we eat out while traveling so that was not a big issue to us but if kitchen usage is important to you I'd bring my own dishes, ) After that insult he stated that since we stayed there 3 nights he would be glad to give me a $10 credit. I advised him that my copay was 25 and he could keep his $10, to which ( with great sarcasm) he offered me a $25 credit. I advised him that he could keep that and that I would rather take care of this matter on trip advisor. At the prompting of a friend in the hospitality industry I called Choice Hotels customer service, she felt they would offer a refund or some discount on a future stay at another of their hotels. I made roughly 6-8 calls to them, only one of which was returned. I was advised that they would make a report of the incident and "investigate" but could offer no resolution, that would have to be addressed by the individual hotel. I attached photos of my daughters bites and upon looking at other reviews another person staying there during the same time period also had a pest issue ( bed bugs). I would strongly recommend choosing another hotel. I hate to see anybody else's child (or adults for that matter) scratching, itching, bleeding and crying. For that matter, I would also use extreme caution on staying with any Choice Hotel as "Customer Service" from corporate is non-existent, from my experience.

6 Thank Kim M
MainStayPensacola, General Manager at MainStay Suites Pensacola, responded to this review, 21 August 2013
I would like to respectfully rebut the claims made by Ms. Kim M.
I first apologized that she was not completely satisfied with her stay. I have been in the Hospitality business for a long time and have learned to not get defensive when a guest speaks badly to you about your Hotel. Instead , I always let the guest speak and I always apologize even though It may not be at fault. I never mentioned to Kim us having or not having pest issues but simply stated that we have a Pest maintenance service with a very well respected Company and her claims would be investigated before a full refund would be awarded. There had been 2 guests in the room in question since Kim's departure with no mention of problems with fleas and since the room they stayed in was NOT a designated pet room, we wanted to immediately find out if fleas were present so no one would have to experience that. I IMMEDIATELY offered Kim $10.00 off the room rate for her trouble and then offered $25.00 when she exclaimed with great profanity that my offer was not acceptable. I explained that I would have my trained Maintenance team investigate and would have our Pest control company investigate, and if there was evidence of fleas present, a full refund would be forthcoming. She then really turned up the profanity and said she would be trashing our hotel and Choice hotels to the "Travel Sites". I told her again that I was sorry she felt that way. Both Maintenance and Pest Co. investigations revealed NO EVIDENCE of fleas. Ms. Kim, if your daughter did in fact have a rash from flea bites, ( that you did not even report to us until almost 2 weeks after your departure), we are truly sorry about that BUT IT DID NOT HAPPEN AT OUR HOTEL.
Stuttgart, Arkansas
Reviewed 6 August 2013

Checked in the room, couch had a huge cut and a tear that had been repaired but should have been replaced. Cockroach in kitchen, Lots of noise coming from upstairs room, floor had carpet but when you walked, you could fell holes or something under the carpet where it wasn't level. It seemed to me that the lack of maintenance was really showing. When I checked in, it felt like it needed to be cleaned and straightened in the office area. I'll pass on Mainstay next time I travel. The concept was good, just not up to par with other hotels.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank Firefighter_101
Ajit P, Owner at MainStay Suites Pensacola, responded to this review, 12 October 2013
Dear Firefighter_101

Thank you for providing feedback on your recent stay. I am sorry to hear that it was not truly a satisfactory stay. My staff and I do make every attempt to provide a pleasant stay to each and every guest. We would have happily attended to the concerns regarding noise if they were relayed to us. We do have company that treats our property each month for pest issues. I will have our engineer look into your comments regarding the flooring but since your were on the ground floor and the floor is a concrete slab greater than 6 inches, I am not certain what you perceived to have felt under the carpet. All the suites are 600 to 900 sq feet in size with full stainless steel kitchens and granite counter tops. There are fireplaces in every room and we also have 37 inch Samsung LCD TVs. The rooms truly have many positive features and we even offer a hot breakfast bar with eggs and other delicious items. I am dismayed that your stay did not to turn out to be positive, but I am sure if you give us another try, we will win you over.

Regards

Ajit
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 4 August 2013

Overall, we were happy with our stay. The first night there was a mis-communication between reservations and our room assignment (not the local hotel's fault) but Fanisha at the front desk was very nice & helped smooth out the problem. Because of the reservations department and the mis-communication there was a problem with the charges, but the manager Paul Blake was very kind and took care of the problem. Like other reviewers said, the hotel is located around an old mall and the area does seem kind of "seedy" but we encountered no problems. The room was clean and pretty nice. Because of Paul, we would more than likely stay here again...unless we are able to find something affordable on the beach! Make sure you eat at Fuji Sushi - http://pnsfujisushi.com/ - the owner is very nice and that too was a great experience and Sky's Pizza Pie - http://www.skyspizzapie.com/ both are right down the street. Being from Chicago, their pizza was very good and their garlic knots were delicious!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
MainStayPensacola, General Manager at MainStay Suites Pensacola, responded to this review, 6 August 2013
I am so glad your experience was good at MainStay in Pensacola. It is so nice to hear kind comments like yours and it really makes us happy to know that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future. Please feel free to keep my contact information and call me for reservations in the future so we can "real time" insure that we have the availability yof the exact room type you want.

Thank you again and we really can't wait to see you soon !

Birmingham, Alabama
Reviewed 28 July 2013

My family & I stayed here during the weekend of July 19th-21st. The rooms are nice but could use a little more TLC (carpet had stains) Need to stock more linen for the extra beds (pillow cases, sheets, & blankets)Price is reasonable.

• Stayed July 2013
Dear Thaskc1

Thank you for taking time to post comments on your stay. We do appreciate the feedback and I will discuss it with my housekeeping staff. I do appreciate your suggestions because it helps guide us in improving the quality of our service.

Many thanks

Ajit
Reviewed 23 July 2013 via mobile

We arrived late in the night to find a friendly front desk person. However when we got to our room we were horrified to first find out we didn't get the room promised by phone(short a room with in the suite). Secondly there was dried food in the bed spread for the sofa bed. Lastly we found dead bugs in both down stairs beds. We promptly asked for a refund and fled. Go to the Marriott town suites.

• Stayed July 2013
2 Thank Jayda R
MainStayPensacola, General Manager at MainStay Suites Pensacola, responded to this review, 24 July 2013
Thank you for your response. We typically get great responses and even received a Certificate of Excellence recently from Trip Advisor. We do recognize that we did drop the ball in this particular instance during a week of oversell occupancy. We wish we would have had the opportunity to move you to a room that better suited your needs before you left. If you will give us the opportunity to make it up to you in the future, I will offer you our best available rate and personally inspect your room prior to your arrival.

thank you.

mainstayflb78gm@outlook.com

Facebook: MainStay Suites Pensacola, Florida – New.
Covington, Louisiana
Reviewed 11 July 2013

I made a reservation here because my Garmin still had it listed as a Residence Inn. They lady on the phone never told me otherwise when I asked if she had my Marriott Rewards number. Upon arrival I was very disappointed to see the area the hotel was in. Looked like an area for cheaper hotels. I would have gone elsewhere, but it was 3am and I had been driving for hours. Upon entering the hotel it had a very musty smell and everything had "wet feel." The room was very spacious (we were in a two queen suite) and had newer appliances. However, the carpet, furniture, and fixtures were very, very old. The tub kept about a foot of water in it when you showered and there was mold on the ceiling. We did not ask for a smoking or pet room, both of which this obviously was. This is acceptable considering we have children with allergies. I called the front desk twice with no answer. There was also a bowl in the dishwasher that must have had salsa or something along those lines in it because it was turned upside down and the sauce was all over the inside of the dish washer. I did not know it until later, but my daughter found a disposable raiser under the bed (I wish I would have known that then because they guarantee satisfaction). To be fair, I did address the issues I knew about with the front desk next morning and the manager acted very surprised and asked what he needed to do to make it right. I told him not to worry about it. However, after reading other reviews with similar issues and finding out about the razor, I would have asked for my money back. Although the area is not the best, it seems that the property has potential, but they will not be in business long if they do not change their service and fix up the rooms.

4 Thank Ron1790