“Friendly Staff”

MainStay Suites Pensacola
Ranked #11 of 65 Hotels in Pensacola
Reviewed 26 October 2013

Room was clean and comfortable, but a bit rundown. Had a problem opening the door to the room, but found out you really had to shove it hard to get it open. Room was spacious and would be great for a large group or family to use as a home base during a trip to the area. Breakfast area was an unusual set up....hot food was on the other side of entrance in hallway near check in...so we didn't realize that there was eggs and sausage available until we saw someone walk by with some. Hotel was next door to a funeral home, so that may be a turn off to some people.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Ajit P, Owner at MainStay Suites Pensacola, responded to this reviewResponded 5 November 2013

Dear 96Donna

Thank you so much for taking time to provide feedback on your recent stay. I was glad to note that you did find your room clean and comfortable. The oversized suites are a very nice change compared to most standard hotel rooms. A lot of our guests love the fireplaces and the large flat screen TVs that are a standard feature in all of our rooms. We do hope that next time you are in the Pensacola area, you will come back and stay at Mainstay Suites Pensacola. Once again, thank you for your feedback.

There are newer reviews for MainStay Suites Pensacola

Reviewed 21 October 2013

Our family was in town Sept. 27-Oct.4 for my mother's funeral. The front desk was VERY courteous and pleasant. They made every attempt for our rooms to be near each other. Housekeeping staff always asked was there anything extra we needed. The buffet breakfast was amazing!!! Thanks for making a difficult time easier on our family!!!! We look forward to staying there whenever we're in Pensacola!!! Thanks Again, Barnes (SC)/Poe(CA & WVa)/Cruz (Md)and Smith(Md) families

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family

Dear Suzzette B.

Thank you so much for taking some time, even during this difficult period to provide feedback on your recent stay. We once again express our deepest condolences on your family's loss and will definitely keep you all in our prayers.

Kindest regards

Reviewed 9 October 2013

Went for a mini vacation 10/4-10/6, room was spacious REALLY liked the stainless appliances in the kitchen and the staff was welcoming. I enjoyed my vacation in Pensacola and enjoyed the great atmosphere around me. Definitely will comeback again for another stay at this hotel.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
Ajit P, Owner at MainStay Suites Pensacola, responded to this reviewResponded 12 October 2013

Dear Georgefuller

My staff and I thank you very much for the kind comments. If you can think of anything thing that can make your next stay even better, please do not hesitate to contact us. We look forward to seeing you again, next time you visit Pensacola.

Reviewed 7 September 2013

Our family enjoyed everything about our stay here. The room had plenty of space to spread out which was good because we have 4 teenagers. The kitchen was practical and clean. We have a daughter in college near the hotel, so we will be back to stay here in the future.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
MainStayPensacola, General Manager at MainStay Suites Pensacola, responded to this reviewResponded 11 September 2013

I am so thrilled to see that you enjoyed your stay with us. Your kind words really provide great motivation to a team that works hard to make each guest want to return.

We really look forward to having you back when you visit your college kids. Please do not hesitate to let me know if there is anything we can do to make your next visit even better...

Call me for reservations and our BEST AVAILABLE RATE or if I can be of service in any other way.

Thank you again!

850-479-1000
850-393-8433 cell
850-477-3399 fax
mainstayflb78gm@outlook.com

Facebook: MainStay Suites Pensacola, Florida – New.

Reviewed 7 August 2013

My family stayed at this facility on July 23, 24 & 25 of 2013. My daughter has a skin condition so I thought the red bumps that began to appear on her while there were related to sensitivity to something in the hotel or simply veering from her organic diet while on vacation. When we got home and the issue was not resolving I brought her to her doctor. I was advised that it was not a rash but some sort of bites and that the timeline made sense to it occurring at the hotel. I called the manager ( Paul Blake ) simply to notify him of the problem so he could address the issue. He immediately became defensive with me telling me "his " hotel doesn't have a pest issue that they hire a company for regular treatments. He stated that the room was not even one of their pet rooms; however, he never answered my question of whether or not there are separate pack n plays for pet vs non-pet rooms. He also raged that he was sick of "people" calling over nonsense and trying to "scam" refunds. (Apparently they get a few complaints. They probably get a lot of complaints on housekeeping issues. I noted my new white socks were grey and my daughters bare feet black after walking on the carpet. The dishes in the kitchen had food still on them, thankfully we eat out while traveling so that was not a big issue to us but if kitchen usage is important to you I'd bring my own dishes, ) After that insult he stated that since we stayed there 3 nights he would be glad to give me a $10 credit. I advised him that my copay was 25 and he could keep his $10, to which ( with great sarcasm) he offered me a $25 credit. I advised him that he could keep that and that I would rather take care of this matter on trip advisor. At the prompting of a friend in the hospitality industry I called Choice Hotels customer service, she felt they would offer a refund or some discount on a future stay at another of their hotels. I made roughly 6-8 calls to them, only one of which was returned. I was advised that they would make a report of the incident and "investigate" but could offer no resolution, that would have to be addressed by the individual hotel. I attached photos of my daughters bites and upon looking at other reviews another person staying there during the same time period also had a pest issue ( bed bugs). I would strongly recommend choosing another hotel. I hate to see anybody else's child (or adults for that matter) scratching, itching, bleeding and crying. For that matter, I would also use extreme caution on staying with any Choice Hotel as "Customer Service" from corporate is non-existent, from my experience.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
6  Thank Kim M
MainStayPensacola, General Manager at MainStay Suites Pensacola, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2013

I would like to respectfully rebut the claims made by Ms. Kim M.
I first apologized that she was not completely satisfied with her stay. I have been in the Hospitality business for a long time and have learned to not get defensive when a guest speaks badly to you about your Hotel. Instead , I always let the guest speak and I always apologize even though It may not be at fault. I never mentioned to Kim us having or not having pest issues but simply stated that we have a Pest maintenance service with a very well respected Company and her claims would be investigated before a full refund would be awarded. There had been 2 guests in the room in question since Kim's departure with no mention of problems with fleas and since the room they stayed in was NOT a designated pet room, we wanted to immediately find out if fleas were present so no one would have to experience that. I IMMEDIATELY offered Kim $10.00 off the room rate for her trouble and then offered $25.00 when she exclaimed with great profanity that my offer was not acceptable. I explained that I would have my trained Maintenance team investigate and would have our Pest control company investigate, and if there was evidence of fleas present, a full refund would be forthcoming. She then really turned up the profanity and said she would be trashing our hotel and Choice hotels to the "Travel Sites". I told her again that I was sorry she felt that way. Both Maintenance and Pest Co. investigations revealed NO EVIDENCE of fleas. Ms. Kim, if your daughter did in fact have a rash from flea bites, ( that you did not even report to us until almost 2 weeks after your departure), we are truly sorry about that BUT IT DID NOT HAPPEN AT OUR HOTEL.

Reviewed 6 August 2013

Checked in the room, couch had a huge cut and a tear that had been repaired but should have been replaced. Cockroach in kitchen, Lots of noise coming from upstairs room, floor had carpet but when you walked, you could fell holes or something under the carpet where it wasn't level. It seemed to me that the lack of maintenance was really showing. When I checked in, it felt like it needed to be cleaned and straightened in the office area. I'll pass on Mainstay next time I travel. The concept was good, just not up to par with other hotels.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank Firefighter_101

Dear Firefighter_101

Thank you for providing feedback on your recent stay. I am sorry to hear that it was not truly a satisfactory stay. My staff and I do make every attempt to provide a pleasant stay to each and every guest. We would have happily attended to the concerns regarding noise if they were relayed to us. We do have company that treats our property each month for pest issues. I will have our engineer look into your comments regarding the flooring but since your were on the ground floor and the floor is a concrete slab greater than 6 inches, I am not certain what you perceived to have felt under the carpet. All the suites are 600 to 900 sq feet in size with full stainless steel kitchens and granite counter tops. There are fireplaces in every room and we also have 37 inch Samsung LCD TVs. The rooms truly have many positive features and we even offer a hot breakfast bar with eggs and other delicious items. I am dismayed that your stay did not to turn out to be positive, but I am sure if you give us another try, we will win you over.

Reviewed 4 August 2013

Overall, we were happy with our stay. The first night there was a mis-communication between reservations and our room assignment (not the local hotel's fault) but Fanisha at the front desk was very nice & helped smooth out the problem. Because of the reservations department and the mis-communication there was a problem with the charges, but the manager Paul Blake was very kind and took care of the problem. Like other reviewers said, the hotel is located around an old mall and the area does seem kind of "seedy" but we encountered no problems. The room was clean and pretty nice. Because of Paul, we would more than likely stay here again...unless we are able to find something affordable on the beach! Make sure you eat at Fuji Sushi - http://pnsfujisushi.com/ - the owner is very nice and that too was a great experience and Sky's Pizza Pie - http://www.skyspizzapie.com/ both are right down the street. Being from Chicago, their pizza was very good and their garlic knots were delicious!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
MainStayPensacola, General Manager at MainStay Suites Pensacola, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2013

I am so glad your experience was good at MainStay in Pensacola. It is so nice to hear kind comments like yours and it really makes us happy to know that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future. Please feel free to keep my contact information and call me for reservations in the future so we can "real time" insure that we have the availability yof the exact room type you want.

Thank you again and we really can't wait to see you soon !

Paul Blake