“Great staff, declining location”

MainStay Suites Pensacola
Ranked #10 of 65 Hotels in Pensacola
Reviewed 1 June 2014 via mobile

The staff was especially kind but the other tenants were sketchy. The location is convenient but I felt uncomfortable leaving equipment in my vehicle. It seems that the hotel has a lot of long term tenants that like to stay outside of their rooms.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Awk004
Julia F, General Manager at MainStay Suites Pensacola, responded to this reviewResponded 28 August 2014

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. We take the feedback that we receive from our guest to heart, and have changed our security precautions as a result. We do not allow any congregation of guests on the property after dark, and have security cameras throughout the parking lot. We are also, happy to watch the transformation of the area as new businesses open around the University Town Plaza. We hope to welcome you back.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

We come to Pensacola for our job and we always stay at the MainStay. It is like being in an efficient apartmaent unless you upgrade to the what we call the Pent house which is well worth the upgrade, LOL Nice and Clean always. Everything you need for an over night stay to a vacation stay. Everyone at the desk is very friendly and helpful. Your right in town but away from the traffic, just an all around good place to stay and there pet friendly, Fireplace, kitchen comfy beds clean and the beach is 15 minutes away

Room Tip: reserve your room, they always book up fast
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business

I am so glad you enjoyed your stay with us. Our staff very much appreciates your kind words. I hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back very soon.

Reviewed 27 May 2014 via mobile

I recently stayed at this hotel and I had black mold in ALL of the ac vents. I contacted the front desk clerk and she said that she will move me to another room, but the maintenance guy has to get it together first, so after about 2 hrs I arrive in the new room and I noticed all of the ac vents were replaced, but lo and behold there was mold growing inside the bathroom shower, so the Maintenance guy getting the room" together" meant replacing the ac vents throughout the new room. I contacted the GM and she told me that all they are able to do was refund me 20.00 per night (40.00) total. Nevertheless she never apologized for the inconvenience. They continue to book these rooms putting one health and safety well being at risk. I contacted consumer complaints and I am currently working with the state of Florida health department. I also have pics totally unacceptable. I would Not recommend this hotel to my DOG!#!!#!

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends

We are sorry that you were not comfortable in your room. That is what is important to us, so we were happy to move you to a new room. Since you stayed there for three nights without complaint, we hoped that that meant you were comfortable. Since that was not the case, the desk agent adjusted your rate. When you spoke to me, I increased your discount (but as I told you, we don't trade discounts for reviews). You then made good on your threat, and called Choice, and received another discount. I do not know if you were informed that the health department inspected us and did not find any mold, nor any problem. I appreciate it when guests give us honest feedback that enable us to improve.

Reviewed 8 May 2014

This was my second time staying at this location and though it wasn't as nice as the first time it was still an enjoyable experience. My family and I were in town for a funeral and needed a large enough place for 5 people and a dog without a large price tag. This place suited our needs. We had the largest room (king bed in a loft upstairs w/ private bathroom and a bedroom w/ king bed and bathroom downstairs.) We also had a sofa bed. The linens on it were dirty but it didn't bother us because we always bring our own linens to hotels and a big bottle of Febreze. The first time we stayed was just after they'd done some renovations so carpets and furniture were in better condition. That was almost 3 years ago. We actually stayed in the exact same room we stayed in the first time and it was obvious that natural wear and tear had settled in. The room could use a carpet cleaning soon. The kitchen was nice with a full size SS fridge, full size SS conventional oven, SS dishwasher and the sink has a garbage disposal. We were in town for 3 days so we bought groceries and cooked most meals in the room as if we were home. Extra pots could be useful but we just picked up a $20 pot set from Walmart to accommodate that issue. Staff is very helpful and friendly and will any request if possible. Overall, this is a great place to stay if you need a lot of space on a budget. This will be our "go to" place when we come back into town. About to make a reservation now to come back for the Seafood Festival in September!!!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. Our entire staff enjoyed reading your comments. We love welcoming back our repeat guests, and we can’t wait to see you in September.

Reviewed 9 April 2014 via mobile

We were given a"penthouse" room when they were unable to provide us with 3 rooms. We were in town for a funeral and hotels were quite full. Everyone we spoke to were kind and informative. Due to lack of available rooms we were give a 2 story room that could sleep 6. One king and bathroom upstairs. One Murphy double down with sleep sofa. Kitchen with all Appliances bathroom downstairs. No elevator for rooms on second floors. Rooms large. Nice free breakfast Not a 4 star by any means but we all agreed we would not hesitate to stay again if in that area. Nice pool we didn't use and hot tub. They have grills in pool area for guests use

Stayed: April 2014
MainStayPensacola, General Manager at MainStay Suites Pensacola, responded to this reviewResponded 29 April 2014

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience with us. I have relayed your comments to my staff, and they appreciated your kind words. I am very glad that you enjoyed a comfortable stay; particularly since you were in town for a difficult reason. I hope you come visit us again for pleasure.

Julia Ferris

Reviewed 29 March 2014

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
MainStayPensacola, General Manager at MainStay Suites Pensacola, responded to this reviewResponded 31 March 2014

Reviewed 25 March 2014

I travel 8 weeks every qtr and have never stayed in a hotel this bad before. There are patched holes not painted, dirt build up on the corners of the bathroom that you can tell hasn't been cleaned in a long time. The carpet seems are coming apart to were you can see the cement and the room has a smell like it hasn't been cleaned or dusted in a long time. Also there is dust buildup on the outlets(see my pic's).

• Stayed: March 2014

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your comments. We share all guest comments with out entire staff so that we can continue to improve and enhance our guest experience. I am sorry that you did not feel comfortable, and did not want to move rooms. We are taking your comments to heart, and have our maintenance team tending to your concerns.

Julia Ferris